The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

OK, guys...

I can confirm that skavens are on their way I've just seen a photo of sprue that someone received by mistake.

This sprue contains some sort of multi-barrelled cannon (6 to be precise), with a single wheel, a pilot, a gunner and at least four ground servants (I assume they're pushing or manipulating something on this engine). There are two spheres, one of which is attached to a large pipe. The chassis of the machine is made of wood.

The photo isn't accurate enough to make out the date, but the guy said it’s marked 2024 on the sprue. For now, we're waiting for his agreement to publish the photo and a more precise version to get all this information.

Cheer up, @Skreech Verminking, @Garrac : the wait is coming to an end !

Interested to see if any of my remaining hopes for some current REs to be Cities will be dashed.

Also, Realms of Ruin update is coming at the end of March, and units will finally be able to automatically attack enemies when they are near. Better late than never I guess. Really hope they keep the game alive long term, hopefully with some faction DLC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

You want to share that photo good sir?

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

+1

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Show it to us!!!

Ok... after discussion with my fellow forum moderators, we pressed the green button (and because TGA deserves it ;)) :

Spoiler

65df80de5f1d7.jpg

65df80cf76e29.jpg

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

i think Im gonna need a paint picture version of this because I can't imagine what it's like, lol

Alltho, it has to be a sprue for a weapon team then because it really looks like your friend has seen a new sprue for the ratling gun. But weapon teams are manipulated by two skavens? Weird

As you can see now, it looks more like some kind of flak gun to me.

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, do any of the RE that were not solved yet look to match something from the sprue?

That doesn't seem to be the case...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 13
  • LOVE IT! 9

13 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Ok... after discussion with my fellow forum moderators, we pressed the green button (and because TGA deserves it ;)) :

Hide contents

65df80de5f1d7.jpg

65df80cf76e29.jpg

Era of the war machine here we go!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Reveal hidden contents

65df80de5f1d7.jpg

65df80cf76e29.jpg

It looks like a cart with a turret kind of thing on it pulled by rats. Doesnt seem like it contains any of the RE. I am all for a wave of artillery across all factions.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Hide contents

65df80de5f1d7.jpg

65df80cf76e29.jpg

... Huh...

19 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Yeah, that might not be in the starter but that's definitely a push fit kit from the looks of things. It'd be fun to see if they can figure out how it goes together

Probably shouldn't be too hard to get it roughly into shape, but maybe not perfect. Those ETB kits can be pretty finicky if you aren't following the instructions step by step.

Also, Cities loses the Helblaster and now Skaven have it, so...

Skaven Demigryphs coming soon? Skaven Phoenix?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Alright, do we expect this to be talked about this weekend? Or is GW gonna play this leak off like they did the crypt guard sprues until Adepticon?

I can't speak about anything, I'm already playing FF7 Rebirth. One of my LoCs will get painted like a Chocobo.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Probably shouldn't be too hard to get it roughly into shape, but maybe not perfect. Those ETB kits can be pretty finicky if you aren't following the instructions step by step.

Also, Cities loses the Helblaster and now Skaven have it, so...

Skaven Demigryphs coming soon? Skaven Phoenix?

Think about the conversion possibilities! It could be a nice addition to a scratch builder cogfort ;)

15 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Alright, do we expect this to be talked about this weekend? Or is GW gonna play this leak off like they did the crypt guard sprues until Adepticon?

I think they would wait for adepticon, if they show it... it is not that far in time. Following the Leviathan pattern they should show a rat on adepticon, and maybe the gun appear in the trailer if it is part of the big box.

All Chorf memery aside (OK, I'll admit, I really wanted to post my newest Chorf creation that I literally made a few minutes ago because I am in desperate need for validation in form of forum reactions), I am very happy for all the ratboys, ratgirls and non-binary giant rats because hey, you deserve this. For too long has Skaven players been the most oppressed minority in this hobby (they got old sculpts)

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Edit: maybe I needed to refresh the page 😆 

Came to see discussion about the rat engine, saw people asking for the pic, posted the pic, saw the pic had been posted 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by El_Dicko
Already posted
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

All Chorf memery aside (OK, I'll admit, I really wanted to post my newest Chorf creation that I literally made a few minutes ago because I am in desperate need for validation in form of forum reactions), I am very happy for all the ratboys, ratgirls and non-binary giant rats because hey, you deserve this. For too long has Skaven players been the most oppressed minority in this hobby (they got old sculpts)

Let's hope the Chorf memery won't turn into a memory though.

I'm so clever Tzeentch just threw a cookie at me. 👌