The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Hammerhal’s Cinderfall districts would work too. Once prosperous city blocks and merchant quarters turned to slums because Hammerhal keeps expanding outward so rapidly leaving the inner city areas to be cut off and impoverished would work really well for a Necromunda x Mordheim mix in the Mortal Realms.

You got everything from desperate fallen merchant warbands, Butchers that fell to Khorne worship with his pig king aspect and human Malerion cults, adventure guilds, Reclaimed looking for guard work and Ironweld engineers duking it out for control of the streets while Hammerhal itself is such a cosmopolitan city of a multitude of races from Khainites to Seraphon that there’s warband expansion there as well.

IMG_2431.jpg?ex=65ee78e6&is=65dc03e6&hm=

(and later they can easily expand the game into Hammerhal Ghyra, a Cogfort’s interiors, the Stormkeep, the underground glass-maker city beneath Aqsha, etc)

Also AoS can have a Mordheim “Wyrdstone” 2.0 with Aqua Ghyranis instead.

Fighting over valuable magic healing water that also acts as currency means your fights are more lucrative the better skilled you are at keeping your troops from getting unnecessarily injured and using up your Ghyranis reserves to heal/revive them which makes you poorer.

…or you can be ruthless and just have a War Surgeon hack the injured parts off and keep the healing water at the trade for a hobbled warband.(unless your an Ironweld or Duardin warband who knows their way around some combat-ready prosthetics)

F_Wfdb2aMAA1-46?format=jpg&name=900x900

IMG_2520.jpg?ex=65ee7cac&is=65dc07ac&hm=
Steam-and-Steel-excerpt.png

After the Revamp of COS, I am not sure how canon we should consider some of this stuff anymore. 

6 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

After the Revamp of COS, I am not sure how canon we should consider some of this stuff anymore. 

That's true, but I think most of the stuff we know from Cogforts would be maintained. At least from the GW official book sources.

Basically, we know (I could be missing stuff):

• They are big.

• Have either wheels or legs.

• Can generate shields. Hammerhall uses them to create a barrier around the city.

• Mainly operated by Dwarfs and Humans.

• The name and location of some of them

But there's one bit that we know about them that think is the one likely changing. Their weapons. We know they have cannons, firethrowers, Helblaster Volley Guns, and massive muzzles that spew forth magma.

Thye problem with this is that their sources are books and the RPG and all of those details were written before the renewal, so this is where I see a change. Their armament won't mention, IMO, anymore the old imperial stuff.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

Do we have the Pound prices for the models? Also why the hell are the Chariots costed the same as Skellies? The skellies are 2 of the old boxes, the chariots are 1, and those were always costed the same at ~£15 as I recall, so Chariot prices have been doubled (on top of whatever inflation GW has put on the models.

4 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Do we have the Pound prices for the models? Also why the hell are the Chariots costed the same as Skellies? The skellies are 2 of the old boxes, the chariots are 1, and those were always costed the same at ~£15 as I recall, so Chariot prices have been doubled (on top of whatever inflation GW has put on the models.

I don't know why it has been weeks since someone shared the pound prices. I know GW has been more restricted about accessing prices, but stores here share them.

Edited by Ejecutor

well, 60e for 36 ! skellys seems even cheap for me....

since 5 tiny lumineth hammerers or swordmasters cost 50e, paying 10 e more for extra 31 models seems like a bargain for me. despite having 10000 years old.

cant wait to see if high elves get same threatment. with 60e for 36 lancers or archers !!! and 65e for 20 white lions or phoenix guards !!

80 on dragon seems way lower than ussual 120-130.

only absurded costed box are charriot. dont make any sense. it is like if gw though they came in boxes of 1 charriot in old times. so they doubled his price now, thinking they are giving more models now.

Edited by alyra
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rattila said:

I mean if it is just for skellies, a lot of good proxy exist, like the ones of wargame atlantic. Way better price, box can make soldiers / archer / spearmen, and now that also have cavalry and chariots.

Yeah absolutely not going to be buying any of the GW ones. I have the TK box, if I want more I will buy 3rd party.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Uy uy uy uy. Whitedwarf mentions Gallet and Arachnids!

White Dwarf 498 – Multiplayer Missions and a Rogue Trader for Combat Patrol - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Could be possible that we end getting the incarnate as part of the Warhammer World Day or Adepticon reveals?

image.png.8c62f0ef04acd58eb193040acd9165ed.png

Live @Whitefangreaction:

keikaku.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

White Dwarf 498 – Multiplayer Missions and a Rogue Trader for Combat Patrol - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Could be possible that we end getting the incarnate as part of the Warhammer World Day or Adepticon reveals?

I wonder if this is repurposed material from a season of war Gallet book. It would certainly add credence to the idea that Season of Gallet existed and was cancelled. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's from the deceased Gallet book. Sorry. It is not a good news.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

That's from the deceased Gallet book. Sorry. It is not a good news.

That's what I thought it was. Still, it will be interesting to see if they find a way to release the spider incarnate and whatever else was potentially planned for a Season of War: Gallet box. Tunnel terrain?

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's what I thought it was. Still, it will be interesting to see if they find a way to release the spider incarnate and whatever else was potentially planned for a Season of War: Gallet box. Tunnel terrain?

The problem with the Chinese plastic is still there. We can see that with the huge reduction of new terrain or the Kill Team and Warcry big boxes passing away, and, of course, the almost permanent "out of stock" of Faction Terrain and Endless Spells.

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The problem with the Chinese plastic is still there. We can see that with the huge reduction of new terrain or the Kill Team and Warcry big boxes passing away, and, of course, the almost permanent "out of stock" of Faction Terrain and Endless Spells.

That is true. In any case, I hope the difficulties GW is having with terrain are resolved soon. Although I can't really pretend to know what a possible solution would look like.

Was the Krondspine Incarnate manufactured in China, by the way? Does anyone know? I know the endless spells were.

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That is true. In any case, I hope the difficulties GW is having with terrain are resolved soon. Although I can't really pretend to know what a possible solution would look like.

Was the Krondspine Incarnate manufactured in China, by the way? Does anyone know? I know the endless spells were.

Krondspine is Chinese plastic, yes.

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That kind of kills all hope I have for the spider incarnate, then. I can't see them committing to the expense of producing it in the UK in that case.

In all this time I have not seen any product manufactured in China changed to British plastic. It could change, but the antecedents tell us that before they are removed forever or with very reduced stock for very long periods of time.

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Makes you wonder about Faction Terrain and Endless Spells in new edition.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Some older Underworlds warbands are returning with updated decks, including Rivals.

WobvEigycON1a13w.jpg

Rivals of the Mirrored City is a new kind of expansion. It updates a quarrelsome quartet from the early days of Warhammer Underworlds with updated rules and a new Rivals deck each. Every warband offers a different gameplay experience, making this a great addition to an experienced player’s collection, and the ideal next step for new players who’ve used the easy-to-learn Rivals format to introduce friends to the game.

[...]

All of the cards featured in this set have gone through a careful process of modernisation to keep the original flavour of the warbands intact, while updating their gameplay for the current season of Warhammer Underworlds. Their previous cards are all nevertheless still valid in Relic format, while the new decks can be combined with a Universal Rivals deck to vastly expand their options in Nemesis format.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1