The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Yeah, but what's chaotic about Hashut? This description sounds more Lawful Evil to me. They seem to seek to bring the realms under order. Evil order.

The most actually chaotic factions in the game I think are actually the destruction factions (by their desire) and the Skaven (maybe unintentionally by thier nature)

Hashut is absolutely the Lawful Evil chaos god; 100%. He's chaotic because, despite being industrially minded, they're bad people using Chaos magic and demon summoning. Sacrifice, dark magic, forbidden technology, "dwarfs using magic," bull-dwarf hybrids, mutations, etc are all in play for them. But instead of mass slaughter, it's systemic slavery. Instead of wrecking a nation, they use the ruins as the foundation to build forges, factories, and what-have-you that has the misery continue as new seat of Chaos Dwarf power in their expanding empire. 

Many chaos factions go somewhere new, kill a bunch, then generally move on. In Tamurkhan, the barbarians thought it was weird that the Duardin were concerned with building outposts and supply lines. To the Duardin, it was a sound tactical decision that resulted in their ability to flee safely back home with their spoils when things went sideways.

They don't value the lives of demons, but they use them as ingredients or fuel; thinking they're above them in the hierarchy (another thing fairly unique to them in the chaos GA outside of like Archaon)

Edit: the direct foil of Slaves to Darkness is probably the Kurnothi Wild Hunt; a stampede that is moving. The Hashut faction would likely be a more direct foil to the Cities: multispecies metropolis monocultured hellscapes instead of beacons of multicultural hope. They're the chaos faction doing Evil Dawnbringer Crusades

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This TEDTalk just got me so hyped for Chaos Duardin mate!!

I'm so glad!! I cannot overstate how excited I am to finally get a "core" Battletome for these guys. The closest they had was the White Dwarf supplement from years back; Tamurkhan had details about the Legion of Azgorh but didn't do a lot to deepen the core faction and their beliefs

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

He might not be minor, but perhaps a bit short! 🤭 

Do those vertically-challenged Chaos midgets also write into their diary if someone was mean to them? 

Jokes aside, I think it would be fun to have some sort of new book of grudges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 4:40 PM, Draznak said:

I think exactly the same. I see Darkoath mounted riders as the last possibility for next new minis in this episode.

Whitefang like, so...

Spoiler

"You were the chosen one! You were supposed to affirm my hopes for Cogforts, not destroy them! Bring news of Cities, not of other (equally deserving) factions!"

image.png.a3b342b6011500ffa775749897db2915.png

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Jokes aside, I think it would be fun to have some sort of new book of grudges.

i'm finding AOS duardin are more interesting without it tbh. Especially KO's ridiculous "laws and bylaws and sublaws and and and" schtick, which I think is a great replacement. Fyreslayers I could see keeping the grudge gimmick but everyone else feels like they should move on.

IIRC the Grudges often hurt the Dwarven Holds more than it did anything else. which is fine when your Tolkien-inspired factions are separated along racial lines, but i think most of us would rather see multiracial COS. holding generational grudges doesn't really mesh with the idea that everyone needs to pitch in together to survive Chaos (let alone beat it).

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i'm finding AOS duardin are more interesting without it tbh. Especially KO's ridiculous "laws and bylaws and sublaws and and and" schtick, which I think is a great replacement

Barak-thring has a Dammaz Kron and the Code has a grudge-clause that uses an administrative system for any grudge (Rune of Mark) and how to solve it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Someone's asking really hard to get their knees whacked.

You know, it‘s tremendously practical that your face is already at the perfect „height“ (or should I say altitude as height is such an elusive thing to you) to kiss my feathery posterior! 🫦

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You know, it‘s tremendously practical that your face is already at the perfect „height“ (or should I say altitude as height is such an elusive thing to you) to kiss my feathery posterior! 🫦

My dentures were forged by Grungni 'imself. You want no parts of your body anywhere near 'em, laddie.

Note to mods: I've got me coat, no need for the dogs.

• Like 1

If we’re no getting the Horned Rat (would be weird to have an entity like the Horned Rat)  then maybe we get something parallel to what Tyranids got. Vermin Lord = Hive Tyrant and the New Horned Entity = Norn Emissary.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Augusto said:

So it means we are not getting Great Horned Rat mini, but something similar?

It's pretty much guaranteed they'll do an exciting big kit to tempt the people who get into the enemy faction after buying the starter, Mortarion, Black Coach, Silent King, Corpse-Rippa Vulcha, and Norn Emissary are all equivalents. It's just what it will end up being that's in question

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

My dentures were forged by Grungni 'imself. You want no parts of your body anywhere near 'em, laddie.

Note to mods: I've got me coat, no need for the dogs.

My Slaaneshi acquaintance in the cubicle next to mine read my screen and she reaaaally wants to meet you now. Sorry. If you are truly desperate, it might work out ok I guess? 😫 

• Like 1

No Dawnbringers story :( So this kinda confirms that everything we got so far was for Dawnbringers IV, right? Including the cool narrative about Gavriel, Vandus and Ionus.

The only one that feels a bit weird to be included as part of book IV is the Krethusa one. Maybe that one was the first one from Book V? If so, Book V would be put up for preorder in 3/4 weeks?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No Dawnbringers story :( So this kinda confirms that everything we got so far was for Dawnbringers IV, right? Including the cool narrative about Gavriel, Vandus and Ionus.

The only one that feels a bit weird to be included as part of book IV is the Krethusa one. Maybe that one was the first one from Book V? If so, Book V would be put up for preorder in 3/4 weeks?

Or maybe sooner

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

alright that's even dwarfier 😅

A nice thing is, disregarding the Thryng who are hard-nosed conservatives, it being in the Code as guidelines and a clause does keep grudges from being as societally halting as they were since Kharadron(Mhornar & Drekki especially) can find loopholes to get rid of them, slip around them or more importantly put them on hold until much later when they can reasonably handle them(in comparison to old Grudges which could easily get a dawi killed because they obsessed over them as a major ruling)

A fun example is “The Book” has a changed meaning for them as something to chart new courses and better lucrative futures(in comparison as something to put past wrongs in and fume over)

IMG_2442.png?ex=65e250cf&is=65cfdbcf&hm=

@Vasshpit

I got caught up in the excitement yesterday so forgot to give more info on Grindworms. They had some extra info here and there through 2015-2017 and how Ghurian places around the Bone Sea dealt with them but we got our best look at them after the Nagash parley went wrong and the Stormcast pursued Mannfred into the Bone Sea.

IMG_2443.jpg?ex=65e254d8&is=65cfdfd8&hm=
IMG_2444.jpg?ex=65e254d9&is=65cfdfd9&hm=

IMG_2445.jpg?ex=65e254d9&is=65cfdfd9&hm=

There’s an interesting part where they’re such a threat that the massive paddleboats the Ironjawz use to traverse the Bone Sea desert have amplifiers to scare them away.

IMG_2446.jpg?ex=65e254d9&is=65cfdfd9&hm=

And now going by the new Andtor stuff there seems to be an ice variant in those lands. 

Dawner settlers reporting of entire settlements flash frozen mysteriously overnight. Later to be found the cause were giant ice worms who when they burst up from the ground they unknowingly unleash all the trapped Everwinter ice magic beneath the soil which geysers out and freezes everything around and they prey on the hapless frozen people around.

Would be a good unit for either Gitmob or Kruleboyz as powerful beasts they wrangle and then given a sub-species trait to go from sand Grindworm to ice worm.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Garrac said:

No Pestilens, no Eshin, a Moulder warcry warband instead, a miniature for the Great Horned Rat, geez, what's next? How can this forum ideas get any worse? Queek coming back? New monkeys? Thanquol but he's now a warlock engineer? Skreech killed forever by a rando stormcast? A skaven machine that doesnt fail? Honourable grey seers that don't stab back? Packmasters gone from existence? New screaming bells but they don't have bells?

Jfc you're making me wish for another underworlds warband instead

Waiting for the Whitefang like to come swooping in here.

• Sad 1