The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Sception said:

Are there credible rumors stating whether skaven are getting the 'here's some pretty new models for your existing units' type of overhaul, or the 'here's some entirely new units that obsolete your old units or even kick them to legends outright' type of overhaul?

Nothing has been confirmed, my guess is the second.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Nothing has been confirmed, my guess is the second.

I’m guessing the first.

edit: considering that we so far had 0 armies that truly removed an entire range to just add new stuff in.

hell even seraphons had a lot of revamps, and while some people do often like to brag that the new saurus cav. Isn’t the same unit as the old saurus cav. It still resembles the same fundamental idea.

So my guess here is we’ll likey see a revamp of a lot of old units, but at the same time maybe a removal of some units, like for example the rat swarm (since it has literally the same role as giant rats)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

If we have to say which option has been predominant during the existence of AoS, which one would be? Maybe the kicking to legends one, right? But also editions are pretty different between the three we got so far.

I mean if you’re talking about removing entire armies, yes,

if we are tapking about armies that still exist and got a refresh, well revamps have been so far the majority of those updates.

51 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Wow, gamers really will be mad about anything.

i read through this and was honestly really pleased overall. Points reductions across the board, except for stuff the meta chasers were abusing and new stuff that needed tweaking, some balance changes that honestly all make sense to me, more second rank melee.

i considered this update and overall positive, and im especially happy my thunderbellies list just got a whole extra unit of some kind based on the mournfang and butcher reductions.

It's not a bad update. All the changes hit the appropriate targets, at least. No completely baffling point changes like there sometimes were in the past.

I kinda think the Cities changes could have been better, though. I would have preferred a rules change for the Command Corps over a points increase, for example. And now that they killed the Alchemite + Fusiliers combo (justifiedly), they could at least drop their points back down to 150, too.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's not a bad update. All the changes hit the appropriate targets, at least. No completely baffling point changes like there sometimes were in the past.

I kinda think the Cities changes could have been better, though. I would have preferred a rules change for the Command Corps over a points increase, for example. And now that they killed the Alchemite + Fusiliers combo (justifiedly), they could at least drop their points back down to 150, too.

I mean I’m buffled the warbringer got reduce in points, considering he and skreech was the other often taken list next to bell.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If we have to say which option has been predominant during the existence of AoS, which one would be? Maybe the kicking to legends one, right? But also editions are pretty different between the three we got so far.

Sure enough, we saw it with vampire counts, demons, Chaos Warriors and lizards. Everything to Legends. Since AoS 2.0 with the new books and new factions, only Cities units have gone to Legends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think it kind of depends on the kind of placeholder armies/tomes. LoN, CoS and the greenskins armies have lost quite a few units or got a complete overhaul. I wonder plans GW has for the armies that still need their updates though.

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

"monstrous infantry" being 5W, regular infantry being 2W, and Stormcast infantry being 3W feels like it would work really well. SCE in general feel like they all need +1W for how basic our tome is now.

For years I've said that Stormcast should be 3W baseline. They're meant to be super elite infantry. It would help differentiate them more from other factions.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Heard they'll be buff, half naked, and riding horses. 

This is just a rumor so swallow with salt. 

Based on Whitefang's saying we should look to Hammer and Bolter to see what we would get in the future, this is their look:

image.png.68a941f6177ce8ab59a709d31aaeed6a.png

image.png.c7e98cf9fe591036e233e04419810119.png

image.png.932b18ad12ab7273f2abcb7ff833c8bd.png

Core details:

- Unnarmored horse apart from some bones and some minor plates. Light cavalry.
- Light armour or even none in the riders. Some details with bones and skulls, like the horse.
- Totally open variety of weapons. From bows, axes, swords...
- Skulls and other stuff that cause fear, like horns or spikes, here and there

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

hmmm is fun how they know coalesced is bad. but his fix is -10/20p on carnos, stegadons and ptrodactils..... how will having 40-50 extra point help them???

was hoping for a fix on bites, allowing more than 5-10 saurus of every 30 being able to use them, or rules rewrite on some useless abilitys like spawn one, engine, both kroxis, agradons solar engine etc etc

and the hit on kroak list was massive, like 100p increase and 2-4 summon points less per turn is huge... and the new 5+ magic inmune batallion will totally kill spells based lists like kroak one or teclis, if they get popular.

idoneth change is also absurded. sure sharks were doing good, but still behind like 5-6 different armys, and they completly deleted fuethan ability, it is even worse than first version ( that noone used). a 10/20p increase only on shivers would have been an easier and fairer change.

eidolon of sea was allready really bad, now not being able to stack the debuff is huge. no melee army want to fight several units at same time, unless u atack first or be tank, u want to delete the deathstar unit of oponent, so this change will make sea one even worst.

not the changes u would expect to a lower army ( only have to see tables on non fuethan lists having 45-48% at best)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

hmmm is fun how they know coalesced is bad. but his fix is -10/20p on carnos, stegadons and ptrodactils..... how will having 40-50 extra point help them???

was hoping for a fix on bites, allowing more than 5-10 saurus of every 30 being able to use them, or rules rewrite on some useless abilitys like spawn one, engine, both kroxis, agradons solar engine etc etc

and the hit on kroak list was massive, like 100p increase and 2-4 summon points less per turn is huge... and the new 5+ magic inmune batallion will totally kill spells based lists like kroak one or teclis, if they get popular.

idoneth change is also absurded. sure sharks were doing good, but still behind like 5-6 different armys, and they completly deleted fuethan ability, it is even worse than first version ( that noone used). a 10/20p increase only on shivers would have been an easier and fairer change.

eidolon of sea was allready really bad, now not being able to stack the debuff is huge. no melee army want to fight several units at same time, unless u atack first or be tank, u want to delete the deathstar unit of oponent, so this change will make sea one even worst.

not the changes u would expect to a lower army ( only have to see tables on non fuethan lists having 45-48% at best)

Well from everything I've heard Starborn was pretty oppressive, so this may be called for. Agree that not enough done for Coalesced, was hoping for cheaper Saurus at least.

4 hours ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Does anyone think there will be a Special Edition Model for WD#500 ? 

Oh man, hope it's Zagnog (leaked Kruleboyz killaboss) and the wizard sce if there is. 🤞

I actually emailed geedubs asking about these and just got a typical corpo ****** answer that was probably created by AI..  😑

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Does anyone think there will be a Special Edition Model for WD#500 ? 

I’ve speculated previously in this thread That It could be A new Grombrindal model, not because I’ e heard anything, but because I’m desperate for one. He got a story omnibus recently, so he’s still in the Lore. So if not when he turns 500, then when! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Well from everything I've heard Starborn was pretty oppressive, so this may be called for. Agree that not enough done for Coalesced, was hoping for cheaper Saurus at least.

TBH I'm not a big fan of the GHB. It feels bland but it's strong enough that I still feel compelled to run the Null Myriad, even if I wanted to run something else.

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What do you expect, guys, from tomorrow's short? Maybe it is time to have a little bit of Lady of Ruin backstory? I have the feeling that would be the case, to compliment Whitedwarfs data.

I'm expecting either Callis and Toll or a short story from the perspective of the FEC cultists in Hammerhal. 

• Like 1