The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Rat ogor sized hellpit abominations seem like a possibility. 

Or just rat ogres, the hand even has the right number of fingers. Also i was hoping for a generic "character on stormfiend" kit as a counterpart to Thanquol, warlock/clawlord/moulder on a stormfiend basically to replace the broodhorror and bonebreaker that didnt survive to our days

Rat_Ogre_2_Miniature_Blood_Island.webp

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

I dont think Abomination is really on the refresh board, considering it is one of the newesr skavn kits

Its not "that" new, afaik its older than the Savage orcs/goblins, the ogre kingdoms and (40k) grey knights range... for a comparison.

Are you thinking it came with the Skaven end times releases ? Or are you just used to GW times for new and old ? ( yes, then its actually fairly new, Especially when it comes to Jes Goodwin's pet projects XD.)

Nonetheless it still holds up pretty well, and most of the kits of that era are still in rotation even with range updates ( chaos chariot, ghouls.) so there is a good chance its not updated, but still remains.

Funnily I myself didnt think of skaven when I saw that picture, despite it being quite likely now that you point it out.
It could be a spiritual succesor to the old forgeworld vermin lord, so a similar design, but not a verminlord obviously.

Warpgnaw-Verminlord-1.png

or even a new variant on :

gw-99590206003.jpg.fc4a15c5470041f391ca38436296f734.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Yes. They are. They working on the TOW RP book, but I guess TOW IP is the same as the WHFB one, and they already own it.

Even if TOW and WFB are set in the same universe, they are a direrent trademark. CA will not use any TOW unique models, characters or stories, unless there is a previous agreement (Kislev and Cathai).

Seb Perbet's Skaven are peak GW sculptures in my opinion : with these models, GW reached the top of it's style, and between an Hellpit Abomination and a more recent kit of similar size (let's say the Sludgeraker beast, which I really like), if it weren't for some typically AoS bits (like Stormcasts heads) a neophyte could probably not tell which one is the oldest.

So I guess and hope that the latest skaven sculpts will stay with us, and that the new ones will focus on giving us resculpts of models in dire need of a rework. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Its not "that" new, afaik its older than the Savage orcs/goblins, the ogre kingdoms and (40k) grey knights range... for a comparison.

Are you thinking it came with the Skaven end times releases ? Or are you just used to GW times for new and old ? ( yes, then its actually fairly new, Especially when it comes to Jes Goodwin's pet projects XD.)

Nonetheless it still holds up pretty well, and most of the kits of that era are still in rotation even with range updates ( chaos chariot, ghouls.) so there is a good chance its not updated, but still remains.

Funnily I myself didnt think of skaven when I saw that picture, despite it being quite likely now that you point it out.
It could be a spiritual succesor to the old forgeworld vermin lord, so a similar design, but not a verminlord obviously.

It’s only older than a few Ogre Kingdoms kits, not the whole Ogre Kingdom range (although it being 2009 puts them a lot closer than they were in my head, GW really came on pretty quick with plastic kit quality). I think the HPA holds up really well for being 15 years old. 

edit: I agree with Swamp Trogg, I think that Skaven wave really holds up today. I’d be happy if Clanrats stayed, I’ve already said in here somewhere how Stormvermin are probably my single favourite WHFB unit kit, the Screaming Bell is still great. That was a really good release. I still have the army book somewhere. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Seb Perbet's Skaven are peak GW sculptures in my opinion : with these models, GW reached the top of it's style, and between an Hellpit Abomination and a more recent kit of similar size (let's say the Sludgeraker beast, which I really like), if it weren't for some typically AoS bits (like Stormcasts heads) a neophyte could probably not tell which one is the oldest.

So I guess and hope that the latest skaven sculpts will stay with us, and that the new ones will focus on giving us resculpts of models in dire need of a rework. 

Starter box rarely not get vainilla miniatures. It's not ideal, but I already expect new stormvermins and clanrats.

Alltho, it's highly posible Seb Perbet will be behind this refresh, as It really looks like he designed 2 of the Underworlds warbands (im not very sure about Who designed Skabbik)

Oh yes, the starter box will obviously have exclusively new minis, but I expect that a lot of minis will also stay, like the doomwheel, the bell and things like recent clam pack characters or stormfiends. 

I remember reading here that clanrats and stormvermins are bound6to change, which I can understand, since theire currents iterations are clearly meant to be fields in rank, but I also expect them to stay more or less the same, kinda in the same way of the warriors of chaos refresh. Believing this, I'll probably buy myself some cheap actual clanrats to fill my futurs blobs of infantry 😁

I love the Doomwheel, but i dont think it aged well. It looks really flat compared to other sculpts of the same size. I think such an iconic model can use an update, same with the cannon.

Edit: many older designs just look designed to fit on squares a bit too much.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Forgot about the Doomwheel! What a model. 

I can remember at one point in the past the Doomwheel got dropped from the range for being too silly (and the army book author responsible said as much in White Dwarf). Thank gods that a few editions later it got reinstated, and with a corking-good model! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hollow said:

TBH I think a few lighter weeks regarding releases is a good thing if it means that GW can focus on sorting some of their stock issues. 

And we can focus on refreshing the contents of our wallets too.

It's strange though, even though I get fatigued by the release schedule, I still find myself disappointed by a quiet week like this one. I guess I'm basically addicted 😄

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, TheMawr said:

That two minis were gorgeous.

40 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

It's strange though, even though I get fatigued by the release schedule, I still find myself disappointed by a quiet week like this one. I guess I'm basically addicted 😄

It's the FOMO effect. Even if you can control your impulses about buying stuff, you want to know the next bit of information!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It's the FOMO effect. Even if you can control your impulses about buying stuff, you want to know the next bit of information!

Sounds about right, and I've only fairly recently completely got control over that buying impulse.

It can be kinda exhausting, the constant train of hype. I guess it's better than the old days when armies would go while editions without even an army book, let alone new minis.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danaork said:

Can this Rumor Engine be a Hell pit Abomination refresh for new Skavens ? I longer have search an hypothese for this hand, and this model are so correct compared with it.

2023-11-21.jpg.d5069fa456f1333499c3b1e0c0f53150.jpg

99120206012_SKAHellpitAbomination01.jpg.e75308bd553ada1838c9811ccbaa17b5.jpg

The rumors from @SG Warhound and "liked" by @Whitefang are talking about new rat ogres , new worlfrats and new behemoth  !

DANGER :
Plague Censer
Rat Swarms
Giant Rats
Gutter Runners

REFRESH:
seer warlock moulder
clanrats
stormvermin
ALL WEAPONTEAMS
Jezzails
Globadiers
Rat Ogors

NEW:
new warlock
new warlord
new artillery

new verminlord
new behemoth
new wolfrats

4 hours ago, Garrac said:

Its from 2009

8 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Its from 2009 which makes it relatively new compared to some of the skaven stuff, I would very much rather see them upadte ogres, weapon teams, gutter/nightrunners, plaguecensers, or plaguemonks who i think roughly the same age, but clearly didnt age very well

10 minutes ago, cyrus said:

The rumors from @SG Warhound and "liked" by @Whitefang are talking about new rat ogres , new worlfrats and new behemoth  !

DANGER :
Plague Censer
Rat Swarms
Giant Rats
Gutter Runners

REFRESH:
seer warlock moulder
clanrats
stormvermin
ALL WEAPONTEAMS
Jezzails
Globadiers
Rat Ogors

NEW:
new warlock
new warlord
new artillery

new verminlord
new behemoth
new wolfrats

So, in the Skaven prediction thread, I just arrived at basically exactly this list by assuming that the release would be themed around weird science, all metal and resin would be replaced and new Battleline units would be needed for the 4th ed starter box. To me, that list makes perfect sense right now from GW's perspective.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So, in the Skaven prediction thread, I just arrived at basically exactly this list by assuming that the release would be themed around weird science, all metal and resin would be replaced and new Battleline units would be needed for the 4th ed starter box. To me, that list makes perfect sense right now from GW's perspective.

This is what I would expect the theme to be for Skaven going forwards. I think the Eshin, Molder, and Plague Monk aspects will be condensed and refined into the mad scientist theme. I've always wanted to do a Skaven army but they've never quite hit it with me in AOS. Hopefully they will get a refresh into something cool.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This is what I would expect the theme to be for Skaven going forwards. I think the Eshin, Molder, and Plague Monk aspects will be condensed and refined into the mad scientist theme. I've always wanted to do a Skaven army but they've never quite hit it with me in AOS. Hopefully they will get a refresh into something cool.

I have 0 knowledge about Skaven lore apart from the basics (they don't exist), but based on the Sawnbringers short, seems the right direction. Seems that they are empowering that mad scientist side of them.

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Moulder is already mad science, even: They are dudes making Frankenstein rats.

Eshin and Pestilens can just exist as characters and warbands, IMO. This definitely works for Eshin, ninja assassins should not be running around as big blocks of units anyway. For Pestilens, it's a little more strange, but it's not like you have to have a religious battleline unit if you have priests. Other armies seem to do fine without those.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Moulder is already mad science, even: They are dudes making Frankenstein rats.

Eshin and Pestilens can just exist as characters and warbands, IMO. This definitely works for Eshin, ninja assassins should not be running around as big blocks of units anyway. For Pestilens, it's a little more strange, but it's not like you have to have a religious battleline unit if you have priests. Other armies seem to do fine without those.

Pestilens have the Plague Monks as a battleline unit, but the rumor never stated we were gonna lose Plague Monks.