The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

Honestly, I hope that lightning gheist won't receive a Stormcast Dreadnought,

In the french community, I fight for consider Stormcast like a thing which not just "Sigmarine". If GW do it, all my friends will laugh from me because "ah ah sigmarine !" 

Indeed. If GW is planning to add somekind of dreadnought to Stormcast (with more or less the same concept as in 30K/40K) they became true Sigmarines.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

Honestly, I hope that lightning gheist won't receive a Stormcast Dreadnought,

In the french community, I fight for consider Stormcast like a thing which not just "Sigmarine". If GW do it, all my friends will laugh from me because "ah ah sigmarine !" 

I get that but on the otherhand I think that’s really dumb to deny a faction a really cool concept like a siege golem because it might be similar to something 40k(which riffed completely of fantasy ideas) has.

That’s like ripping out all Khaine statue mentions from DoK because they’re too Eldar and making sure Orruks never touch dakka or squiggoths to seperate them from Orks.

Nothing will stop haters from calling Stormcast Sigmarines anyway unless the faction stops existing as it is because even now they still get bashed for it like with Ionus.

So I say heck with them and lean into it if GW wants, Stormcast Eternals are epic as hell and most of the time even out-style the marines at their own game so go wild with Sigmarine & Roman Demigod aesthetics and bring out the dreadnoughts, the gheists the Questors and more Annihiltors!

Chadcasts can do it all!! 🤟

GFWb8gkbkAUsJGo?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Baron Klatz said:

I get that but on the otherhand I think that’s really dumb to deny a faction a really cool concept like a siege golem because it might be similar to something 40k(which riffed completely of fantasy ideas) has.

That’s like ripping out all Khaine statue mentions from DoK because they’re too Eldar and making sure Orruks never touch dakka or squiggoths to seperate them from Orks.

Nothing will stop haters from calling Stormcast Sigmarines anyway unless the faction stops existing as it is because even now they still get bashed for it like with Ionus.

So I say heck with them and lean into it if GW wants, Stormcast Eternals are epic as hell and most of the time even out-style the marines at their own game so go wild with Sigmarine & Roman Demigod aesthetics and bring out the dreadnoughts, the gheists the Questors and more Annihiltors!

Chadcasts can do it all!! 🤟

GFWb8gkbkAUsJGo?format=jpg&name=360x360

I agree with you completely!

If 40k was "fantasy in space," sometimes AoS has felt like "40k, but fantasy" and, to me, that rules.

The Stormcast are, narratively, everything I'd want to see in a Space Marine! Gargantuan, heroic, sometimes terrifying or unreasonable, people with pasts, people grappling with demons, people who have lost sight of the bigger picture, people that could hand a child a flower during a siege or stomp on said child depending on who they are, really cool stuff! All through a lense of hope/trying to do great instead of "the galaxy sucks so hard, man"

I think a "Stormcast siege golem filled with the ghiests of those who can't be reforged anymore" could be unique next to the Dreadnought and Grey Knight baby carrier; I didn't even draw a parallel until y'all pointed it out! I think making it look like a statue possessed instead of "box with feet" would do a lot aesthetically

Stormhosts = Chapters to a certain degree; Stormcast are the Fantasy Space Marines! I wouldn't want like a landspeeder or rhino, but some other parallels aren't too bad imo: i think they're neat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

Stormhosts = Chapters to a certain degree; Stormcast are the Fantasy Space Marines! I wouldn't want like a landspeeder or rhino, but some other parallels aren't too bad imo: i think they're neat!

I would start collecting sigmarines if they get an actual rhino XD.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pitzok said:

Picture these guys but stormcast, would be totally awesome.

small-potatoes-considering-everything-else-going-on-right-v0-b238ru5fjwjb1.jpg

I think something like this would be too close to the current Stormcasts. The main difference would be just the painting? IMO they would go wilder, into something that is less human being and more construct.

That new Kruleboyz swampcalla ability is nice but what an absolutely boring way to get it. 😒

If true its pretty fraking lame our troggs didn't get the same healing that glooms do. 

Why is consistency such a foreign theme with Geedubs. Bah!! 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

seems fake,only a wishlist of someone.

fec getting changes when isnt even playable in tournaments yet(and getting reductions when if they must get some so fast balance usually is for nerfs).

also these changes of city arent nerfs,just a direct delete of the book,making useless every competitive list and huge increases of 40 in models of 150 points is obviously fake because gw never make so huge increases or decreases(even models of 700 points is weird getting those numbers).

also they stated that fyreslayers gonna get buffs because they are at the botton but got some jokes as 4 small changes to magmadroths and only 10 to hearthguards when very competitive armys got more reductions and in every unit.

seems a wishlist of some big wag player seeing the changes

• Like 5

Since confirmed rumors said BoC going shortly in to legends so it means that 4th edition will reboot everything as 40K 10th edition did last summer. 

That means index for every grand alliance incoming in summer.

And probably the last great purge of whfb leftovers.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Since confirmed rumors said BoC going shortly in to legends so it means that 4th edition will reboot everything as 40K 10th edition did last summer. 

Do you expect to have the purge so soon? There are going to be some ranges getting a decent trim, like FEC and CoS. They would feel quite poor once they only have purely their recent releases.

19 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Aos is the only game of games workshop that has not being trasitioned to keywords in abilities, so the index is a fact for me. And I don’t wan an index :(

5 hours ago, Vagard said:

Depends for who I guess... 

My guess is Khul will kill Vandus to ascend and Vandus who is probably on his last reforge will come back as a dreadnought or something that looks like the last reforged 

If Whitefang says "future doesnt look bright" my guess is Gavriel will be the forever death to fuel. Khuls ascension

Then Vandus gets some sense knocked into him by Thunderstrike armor and Ionus
Gavriel was never paid any attention to anyway, he dies for good and GW quietly retires his model. It has no reason to exist anyhow

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do you expect to have the purge so soon? There are going to be some ranges getting a decent trim, like FEC and CoS. They would feel quite poor once they only have purely their recent releases.

Why would they trim anything from FEC? The only thing that I'd say would warrant removing is Crypt Ghast Courtier and they kept that for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

In regards to the Cogfort we have been receiving models that are the same design to Hammer and Bolter animations recently such as the Blacktalons and now the Callis and Toll set. With what looks like the Darkoath riders coming they did show up in the Monsters episode of Hammer and Bolter and there was a cogfort in it as can be seen from the promotional image when the episode was announced. 

tim50onzjwg91.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

In regards to the Cogfort we have been receiving models that are the same design to Hammer and Bolter animations recently such as the Blacktalons and now the Callis and Toll set. With what looks like the Darkoath riders coming they did show up in the Monsters episode of Hammer and Bolter and there was a cogfort in it as can be seen from the promotional image when the episode was announced. 

tim50onzjwg91.jpg

That's just based on the art for the Hammerhalian Cogfort in Soulbound.

Cogfort_01.jpg

• Like 3