The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Personally Neferata and Olander's regiments win from a purely lore standpoint: We know the former has sunk quite a bit of capital and influence into manipulating Ushoran and his get, meanwhile grief and delusion tend to go hand in hand.... so what I'm saying is that I'd definitely consider running either of these two alongside my FEC army.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The winner is the one on the right.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3deeec73ed99d12033a73f5c5969d7e1.png

any chance you have the whole ranking? wanna know where some of my favs ended up

That arena looks great btw

Edited by Xil
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Why not? Isn't he rumoured to be a Stormcast now?

As long as I can tell he's on another univers-ish, or, if Gotrek doesn't get more books, practically dead

Edited by Garrac

53 minutes ago, Xil said:

any chance you have the whole ranking? wanna know where some of my favs ended up

That arena looks great btw

Here you go:

Spoiler

1 - Archaon
2 - Gotrek
3/4 - Kragnos (vs Archaon)/ Morathi (vs Gotrek)
5/6/7/8 - Katakros (vs Kragnos)/ King Brood (vs Archaon)/ Shalaxi (vs Morathi)/ Gordrakk (vs Gotrek)

image.png.903e7e00ac85a3bceafa6b14d57af8f5.png

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I really like these. Olynder and Ushoran at least have basically "mini" versions of their faction rules so you can run a fluffy alliance without losing every bonus. I could be really happy if something like this made it into Chaos letting you slap some God aligned units in with say... beasts of chaos? Dare I say.

I hope you’re ready for shenanigans because if the trend continues, EVERYONE in Death can enjoy bringing Katakros and Arkhan, with the former probably getting Countercharge and the latter getting to keep his Null Myriad aura. 

Edit: Also, you can finally bring Katakros and Olynder together and reenact invading the Arx Terminus. 

Edited by ScionOfOssia
Fun idea I had

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I hope you’re ready for shenanigans because if the trend continues, EVERYONE in Death can enjoy bringing Katakros and Arkhan, with the former probably getting Countercharge and the latter getting to keep his Null Myriad aura. 

Edit: Also, you can finally bring Katakros and Olynder together and reenact invading the Arx Terminus. 

The second part makes the first part more bearable to me.

2 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

On the other hand, undead units without their faction rules tend to be bad and/or confusing.  Will olynder even be ethereal?  Will Arkhan even have spells worth casting?  Will Katakros's OBR be subject to battleshock, making his personal guard the most cowardly bonereapers in the game?

Doing the mortarchs' personal forces as regiments of renown, with the usual 'not in your own faction' restriction, was a mistake.  The mortarchs should have been armies of renown, and the snake lady's entourage should have been a regiment of renown - I mean, the entire point is that they're operating as allies to the FEC.

I'll still get the book, for lore and whatnot, but honestly this design choice is so woefully backwards as to be mind numbing.  When death in general already seems to be getting sidelined in the dawnbringers campaign (only really present in one book, only a single new model outside of the stuff that would have been coming with the FEC update regardless and didn't need a campaign to justify its release - and that one new campaign model, while kind of cool, is literally the last thing anybody needed at this point, another vampire infantry special character), with really only the 'of renown' rules in book 4 to show for ourselves, the fumbling of these rules at the very starting line of which should be 'regiments' and which should be 'armies', before the designers even had a chance to mess up the unit selection or special rules, is just... it's exasperating.

But whatever!  I don't expect armies/regiments of renown to survive the coming edition change anyway, so it's probably not worth getting worked up over.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Beasts of Chaos are going to become Legends. Very shortly they will not exist in AOS as a supported product as they are integrated fully into Old World. 

Random Lord Of The Rings Hobbit model getting release: Troll with catapult from the Battle Of The Five Armies. 

I'm going to be pretty done with GW if this is true. From wanderers to cities to beasts of chaos. If they don't want my money then I'll keep it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Beasts of Chaos are going to become Legends. Very shortly they will not exist in AOS as a supported product as they are integrated fully into Old World.

I'm curious how they'd justify this in the narrative.  Beastmen are a pretty significant part of the AoS lore, even if they haven't featured heavily in the ongoing story to this point.

That said, 3rd edition, the supposed "age of the beast", coming and going without a significant refresh to the Beasts of Chaos model range makes this feel sadly plausible.  Kragnos, very clearly a Beasts of Chaos model, being released for not the beasts of chaos, would also be a pretty terrible sign in retrospect.

On the other hand, chaos warriors get to be an army in both games, so... shrug.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Random Lord Of The Rings Hobbit model getting release: Troll with catapult from the Battle Of The Five Armies. 

I can see GW ignoring BoC in AoS like they did with other factions in times of Fantasy, but openly axing them? Not saying isn't true because you seem to know what you say, but seems...too bold, to say it politely.

I mean, it's not worst than axing an entire setting, so obviously they're capable of that, but still, are you sure they won't update/replace BoC with a different range of miniatures?

59 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

@Whitefang Could you confirm that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

@Whitefang Could you confirm that?

Im gunna need a confirmation from @Whitefang as well because this is absolutely ridiculous if true. 

Unless it means Beasts become something else like Cities this is just a major kick in the teeth for no reason.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

IMG_3442.png