The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

If Morathi-Khaine is the order equivalent to mutants & cultists then Malerion could bring shadow Aelf “chaos warriors” & daemons to the fold with stuff like animated armors(reflections of Eltharion), shadow Aelf Ronin to match the Lumineth samurai vibes and just twisted shadow daemons everywhere.

image0.jpg?ex=65c3aabd&is=65b135bd&hm=03

Yooooo noo that's too cool I don't know how I'd possibly resist that as a model please give me a whole faction of that

16 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Drogrukh have been more peaceful in some descriptions, only going to war against the dragon-Ogors who they and the Draconith saw as a common threat and then when Kragnos pushed them into war.

However that was during the Age of Myth when things were more ideal compared to now when they’ve had to spend centuries running and hiding from chaos(and likely vengeful dragon-Ogors) making them more ragged & feral and possibly part of Kragnos’ character arc to see his people fall so low because of his hit-headed actions.(mind it won’t change him from being a big brash basher but now he’ll have goals to set to see his race back on top)

As for duardin, I imagine it’ll either be Gholemkind or Freeguild city-duardin that carry that runic torch with a noticeably different AoS spin on things. Especially since Cities of Sigmar are becoming the new “we wall!” faction so their traditional dawi shieldwalls fit better there than making a redundant second race focused on being a moving castle.

That whole “Oh Grungni’s coming back with some kind of great power!” has been kinda debunked in-universe as the new armor for Stormcast Eternals.

The Kharadron book goes into a bit of detail they feel that’s a second betrayal by him to them.

If Morathi-Khaine is the order equivalent to mutants & cultists then Malerion could bring shadow Aelf “chaos warriors” & daemons to the fold with stuff like animated armors(reflections of Eltharion), shadow Aelf Ronin to match the Lumineth samurai vibes and just twisted shadow daemons everywhere.

image0.jpg?ex=65c3aabd&is=65b135bd&hm=03

Replace Sylvaneth with Deepkin and you’re right. 😄

(Sylvaneth are more about the plant people and even counting Kurnothi those can be humans too, that even mutate into satyrs, so the aelven aspect is extremely washed out on them)

Btw, where is that image from?

24 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Excited! Although I am a little worried about incoming Cities nerfs.

Well if they will release Battlescroll that is, they just might talk about LVO and their plans. Saw rumors that it won't be this week

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/25/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-unpacking-the-las-vegas-open/

Metawatch out but no battlescroll in sight

And finally, we know you’re all keen to get a proper update from the next Battlescroll – from what we’ve heard it’s coming soon – potentially at some point next month – as the Warhammer Age of Sigmar team are working hard on final adjustments based on what they saw at LVO.

Edited by Vagard
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 8

3 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

1. There have been no hints about Slaanesh or a Spider King in the previous dawnbringer books, I think you're allowing your wishlist into your predictions - and this is despite me wanting more Slaanesh stuff just as much as me.

I don't think we've seem anything about Nurgle since book 1, but it would make sense following their harbinger

But the Lady of Ruin and the Khorne character have been far more prominent throughout the story, so they will probably be released with Db6.

2. That'd be cool, but with Neave's crew and Callis and Toll, AoS has probably already seen its complement of BL characters for this year

3. Tzeentch had their warcry warband last season. Ossiarch remains possible, but that would be bucking the trend of an order faction against another GA of this season.

4. I still believe (and hope) the last dawnbringers book will have a skaven centrepiece character, but no more than one

See, I actually think that Chaos Dwarves with their babylonian aesthetics, blunderbusses and big hats are fairly unique already, whereas Dispossessed could be mixed up with Tolkien dwarves, so the latter would be more likely to change imo

Here are spider, and ossiarch rumour

jlbgtgktb1lb1.jpg

wywzpsk5AUCefXnu.jpg

18 minutes ago, Vagard said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/25/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-unpacking-the-las-vegas-open/

And finally, we know you’re all keen to get a proper update from the next Battlescroll – from what we’ve heard it’s coming soon – potentially at some point next month – as the Warhammer Age of Sigmar team are working hard on final adjustments based on what they saw at LVO.

That is crazy. Like they will be weeks behind on the update that is already on the late side. Wonder what happened? And its not just here, but 40k as well!!!

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vagard said:

They should improve their communication a lot. 

Coming now with such an article when people has been waiting 4 months for a balance is just a shame.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Excited! Although I am a little worried about incoming Cities nerfs.

Obv I have no clue as I don't play, but so far from my CoS whats app group the conclusion is that they are not so OP and are hard to play properly, so if CoS get a nerf it would be back in the mud.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Obv I have no clue as I don't play, but so far from my CoS whats app group the conclusion is that they are not so OP and are hard to play properly, so if CoS get a nerf it would be back in the mud.

Well, steam tanks stomped most of the matchups with ease and we had 2 CoS in the final of the lvo. 
And yes, one of those players is maybe the best CoS player in the world, but the other dude was a slaves main that didn't know his own rules. (Got misscasted with two 1s in hallowheart, when you don’t misscast with two 1s in hallowheart)

22 minutes ago, Ferban said:

In the video, they said that they wanted the battlescroll to "align with some upcoming releases."  I wonder if it tweaks units in DB4 and, for that reason, won't come out until DB4 is released.  

At this point it wouldn't shock me if they had put unreleased units into the battlescroll and would rather wait than remove them.

7 hours ago, Flippy said:

The Forgotten Nightmares Idoneth rule is so strong!

Seriously though, the Sylvaneth are hardly an elven (elvish?) army. I have a friend who collects and plays Sylvaneth and we discussed recently how the elvish flavour is now all but missing from this army - for better or worse. My personal view is that currently, if you would try to play something similar to the Wood Elves of old (Elves, not forest spirits) you should pick Idoneth.

yes, sadly it seems it is the most powerful passive in whole game, it trascend the game and everyone forgets them :(

good part about it is that noone knows my army when i play against them, thats cool, i always hated posterboys that everyone have and knows. bad thing is that for gw, low play(,buy) rate is the same as dont touch the army and dont release anything etc since it isnt worth it for them

38 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

yes, sadly it seems it is the most powerful passive in whole game, it trascend the game and everyone forgets them :(

good part about it is that noone knows my army when i play against them, thats cool, i always hated posterboys that everyone have and knows. bad thing is that for gw, low play(,buy) rate is the same as dont touch the army and dont release anything etc since it isnt worth it for them

I just bought some and this act of reckless spending may just turn the tide. Have hope!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

And it's even a stretch to call it that. It's just the LVO summary. 

That's a bit... poor.

even calling it a summary is being too kind imho... they only listed the winners. not even a breakdown of how many entrants vs how many factions were brought which feels like the bare minimum coverage for a competitive event.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ferban said:

This would be a really cool way to visually distinguish the Morath DoK from the rebel DoK.  Morathi side could be snakes, bat wings, and monstrous stuff.  The rebel DoK could be feathered wings and have a separate aesthetic.  I like the idea of pro-Morathi and anti-Morathi factions having their own distinct look. 

If we're going with the greek mythology look I think siren-like (like actual sirens not mermaids) or stryx mutants would be fitting for Morai-Heg.

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1