The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I believe the Gnarlwood map changes with every new Warcry release so it won't tell you much. 

It hasnt changed that much, but from the beginning we have seen the eater pits and the wyrdlights. The Ven Talax story and a few others. The last box could also just be under our nose the whole time.

This one is from Hunter and Hunted. Centigor stampede also sounds promising.

20240122_144408.jpg.b0a6e4413c96a82e107e45bdc659a338.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

It hasnt changed that much, but from the beginning we have seen the eater pits and the wyrdlights. The Ven Talax story and a few others. The last box could also just be under our nose the whole time.

This one is from Hunter and Hunted. Centigor stampede also sounds promising.

20240122_144408.jpg.b0a6e4413c96a82e107e45bdc659a338.jpg

Have we seen spinecrawler webs and/or great stinkhorn? I can't remember all the different warcry warbands that have come out during 2e, but don't think there were any Gitz ones?

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Does the Gnarlwood map actually still match up with the recent releases? Maybe we can figure something out. Still got my hopes up for Spiderfang, Warcry would be perfect for them.

image.png.0fe5b53c3c84c45cededc56f51f73f1c.png

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Here it is bigger:

Atlas de los Reinos Mortales | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

image.png.f8c40f5ea183a83ee4d1f3eb3f56dfb1.png

It is the first time I see it as I don't follow Warcry that much. It looks interesting.

GIVE US A SPIDERFANG WARBAND GW YOU COWARDS!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo scenery cannot simply disappear. We cannot play games at a table with a matt and that's all.

I would say already now (other than if you play exclusively in a GW store) most games are played on tables which do not use GW terrain kits. They tend to be too expensive and not really good in terms of gaming: no pieces to block line of sight, no flat areas where units can stand on etc. So, in a way GW is already letting 3d parties and the community fill that space, it wouldn't be shocking if they stopped selling it altogher (although I agree it seems unlikely)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Jumped in to see what Chaos Dwarfs were shaping up to look like! Unsurprisingly, this list is straight out of Tamurkhan: profiles to match all the Forgeworld models along with rules for all the (discontinued, even when tamurkhan was released) older metal hobgoblins.

However, I was looking to see if any hints at the future may exist: the description for Infernal Guard is no longer so tied to the Legion of Azgorh. Where before, the lore emphasized that they were an inversion of the concept of a Dwarf Slayer; discussing how dwarfs were sent to the legions after being directly or even indirectly responsible for some sort of failure. Their name, identity, and social status was taken and their armor was put onto their body while red-hot and it fused to them. The Castellans' lore used to mention how they would get to ritualistically tear their masks off and reclaim their individuality after some manner of success. 

The lore here doesn't mention any of that! In fact, the Legion of Azgorh is not mentioned as far as I can tell. Instead, we get the following:

"Chaos Dwarfs are an unnerving sight in battle. They are brutish, grotesque figures plated in black or burnished armour of heavy plate and jagged scales, crowned with tall helms mounted with flame-tongue spiked coronas or sharpened horns. Their livery is bright and bloody, and their distorted faces, if they are seen at all, are bestial and filled with malice. Their presence is intended to inspire fear in their foes, and they have lost none of the toughness or skill-at-arms of their western Dwarf kin"

That physical description is new! It vaguely sort of describes the Big Hat models, but "chaos dwarfs with sharpened horns" is not something we've ever seen on the foot troops!

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

I would say already now (other than if you play exclusively in a GW store) most games are played on tables which do not use GW terrain kits. They tend to be too expensive and not really good in terms of gaming: no pieces to block line of sight, no flat areas where units can stand on etc. So, in a way GW is already letting 3d parties and the community fill that space, it wouldn't be shocking if they stopped selling it altogher (although I agree it seems unlikely)

Yeah, plus the AoS rules are extremely lacking too when it comes to terrain. I mean just basic stuff like swamps (less movement) etc. aren't in there, it's just take dmg or something. Thankfully it's really easy to remedy that but a table without hills and other cool stuff that isn't just a building is boring. 

GW makes amazing buildings visually, so I'm cool with them being not ideal gameplay-wise but I don't understand why they can't do both. 

• Like 2

There’s plenty more to come from the World of Legend. If you have rules questions, you can email the Warhammer: The Old World team at oldworldFAQ@gwplc.com. They won’t respond directly, but your questions will inform what they hope will become a biannual FAQ/errata update. There’s even an initial list of clarifications available here.

The rules contained within this document allow players the opportunity to try out the
Warhammer: The Old World rules using models they may have in their collection.
They are not intended for use in matched play events and will not be updated in line with any
future Warhammer: the Old World publications

These two texts look like they were written by different studios...

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Here it is bigger:

Atlas de los Reinos Mortales | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

image.png.f8c40f5ea183a83ee4d1f3eb3f56dfb1.png

It is the first time I see it as I don't follow Warcry that much. It looks interesting.

The main issue we have is we don't know how much it has been used by Underworlds, which had two seasons set in the Gnarlwood as well.

We've got both The Great Stinkhorn and Spinecrawler Webs that could tie into Gloomspite. Personally I'd assumed The Great Stinkhorn tied into Grinkrak's Looncourt. That said most of the Warbands we have gotten do line up with something on the map so I'm going to be hoping for a Spiderfang vs Centigor set for the next release

Edit: Maybe the Spider-Incarnate is being saved for that, added to a box instead of terrain as a monstrous creature that warbands can recruit/fight

Edited by EonChao
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

I was checking again (and again, and again, and again...) the Callis & Toll minis and noticed that maybe we are being spoiled a little bit?

image.png.02450f0ef9755d72bf1b0733b4b32a5f.png

Either the group is too presumptuous after getting such a name or they come with a spoiler implicit in their name.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, EonChao said:

The main issue we have is we don't know how much it has been used by Underworlds, which had two seasons set in the Gnarlwood as well.

We've got both The Great Stinkhorn and Spinecrawler Webs that could tie into Gloomspite. Personally I'd assumed The Great Stinkhorn tied into Grinkrak's Looncourt. That said most of the Warbands we have gotten do line up with something on the map so I'm going to be hoping for a Spiderfang vs Centigor set for the next release

Edit: Maybe the Spider-Incarnate is being saved for that, added to a box instead of terrain as a monstrous creature that warbands can recruit/fight

Oh I wish they would bring back monsters like they had with the Mindstealer Sphiranx and Fomoroid Crusher!!

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was checking again (and again, and again, and again...) the Callis & Toll minis and noticed that maybe we are being spoiled a little bit?

image.png.02450f0ef9755d72bf1b0733b4b32a5f.png

Either the group is too presumptuous after getting such a name or they come with a spoiler implicit in their name.

They had better not just have spoiled their own Narrative...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

That's irrelevant to gw wanting to produce everything you need to play themselves.  Although I do miss the gw wound trackers and nice special dice they used to make.  And personally I like having official gw terrain to play with at home and wish they'd have more of a selection.  Stuff themed for non human armies like the recent warcry stuff for seraphon is nice.

16 minutes ago, EntMan said:

The Special Edition of Empy Sits On His Throne, Forever, is going on sale again. They decided not to send it out to the obvious scalpers...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/22/the-end-and-the-death-volume-3-special-edition-is-returning-to-sale/

A youtuber I watch commented something about it and showed a couple of examples where scalpers got their copies trimmed down to 1:

image.png.c7b904c7683bd2cc84b43e377d32add5.png

image.png.8905977a174cc3125151add74009f546.png

Sorry for the pics quality, they are screenshots from the video.

EDIT: He even commented that someone contacted GW and they could have retrieved around 500  to 600 copies from scalpers! And the book was a limited edition of 2500. Crazy.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

A youtuber I watch commented something about it and showed a couple of examples where scalpers got their copies trimmed down to 1:

image.png.c7b904c7683bd2cc84b43e377d32add5.png

image.png.8905977a174cc3125151add74009f546.png

Sorry for the pics quality, they are screenshots from the video.

450 to 500 copies? Yikes, that's around a fifth of the limited edition that the scalpers (nearly 🤣) got their hands on.

55 minutes ago, EntMan said:

450 to 500 copies? Yikes, that's around a fifth of the limited edition that the scalpers (nearly 🤣) got their hands on.

Valrak was saying that apparently one Scalper managed to get the entire stock earmarked for Australia

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

The Special Edition of Empy Sits On His Throne, Forever, is going on sale again. They decided not to send it out to the obvious scalpers...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/22/the-end-and-the-death-volume-3-special-edition-is-returning-to-sale/

Yeah good to see some pro-active behaviour by gw especially when the books were put on ebay for a ridiculous price I remember I was a few minutes late for the inquisition kill team box ashes of faith and to see them on ebay for double the price was a real kick in the goonads. It's when I decided to give up on 40k and focus on AOS our stuff isn't nearly scalped as bad. 

I thought they did a good thing with 9th indomitus starter for 40k making it made to order ruined a lot of scalpers days but then they stopped.

Edited by Kempak

2 hours ago, mawhis117 said:

Valrak was saying that apparently one Scalper managed to get the entire stock earmarked for Australia

was watching the stream for a bit last night, few aussies were typing that apparently he was notorious for doing so with other limited edition prints over there.

Edited by Kempak
  • Like 2