The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

And yet, the point stands. Historically, there never been such thing as female armour, Full plate was as unisex as it gets. In AoS? Sure, let us let the imagination run wild. But in case of Bretonnia in particular, where we are actually using a historical reference, there's simply no need to see immediately and from a distance that a model is female. That's the whole point. Util they take the helmet off, you're not supposed to be able to tell.

I did never argue against your point, you just interpreted it like I did. Historically how many women were wearing knightly armor? The exceptions are absolute outliers, so Brets would have like one single woman in knightly armor maybe to reflect that number. Having female knights in the bret range is entirely "unrealistic" if we go by historic standards (which we don't), so I'm not sure it makes sense to include it as an argument. I do agree though that they will look better than female Chaos Warriors cause the historic armor is not a male power fantasy but a functional design and thus a female head will look more congruent, which the chaos warrior's armor however is/isn't and objectively so.

And that's where I say that it creates a visual conflict. An objective one, hence I'm stepping in here and arguing my POV. I know, I don't have to use female heads. But it's not like I hate female minis in general, sisters from 40k are awesome e.g., the female SCE look great (and they are just as powerful if not more than CWs) and both are heavily armored female warriors. But the basic CW with female heads are meh and that's down to the armor's design. And why I'd argue that they should make some changes for female CW minis to fit more harmoniously or not bother. 

Anyways, I'll stop now too but I feel we're kinda arguing parallel to each other in this regard.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Still want a new hag though....😒

Troll hag?

I'd settle for regular fellwaters being in stock in my country. They restocked for all of two seconds and I wasn't fast enough to get some T_T

New advent calendar looks a little bit 40k inquisitorial, but hoping it's knightly for AOS.

• Sad 1

Those TOW images are very confusing when it comes to older models. There are images with old metal treeman although 8th edition plastic one is still being sold. So one would assume that they are going full old school but then there are also images with Island of Blood plastic swordmasters which were never released on their own.

7 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Those TOW images are very confusing when it comes to older models. There are images with old metal treeman although 8th edition plastic one is still being sold. So one would assume that they are going full old school but then there are also images with Island of Blood plastic swordmasters which were never released on their own.

They said that there would be made to order for metal minis, so presumably lot of minis from different editions would have its time. They won't be part of the core that would stay later, but you would be able to get them if you want to.

11 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Could it be a named Stormcast that we haven't seen before? Is there any in the lore that could have a simple sword like a Vigilor? 

I brought this up elsewhere but a small plot point of Luxa Stormrider’s sister has yet to be seen and they keep pushing that warband hard into multiple games(literally each now UW, Warcry & a mini-warhammer quest) with their own Harrowdeep novel.

GBzlo86akAArsWK?format=jpg&name=small

She might’ve been reforged as a new Knight-Questor Vigilor/Soulsworn they can put in the campaign finales.

Also on UnderWorlds cards, did you guys know there was a whole void-cursed cosmic zombie plague outbreak brought down by the malfunctioning Realmshaper engine in one of the recent decks? Crazy stuff.

image.png.34c4708eaaeb48d293cf377d4722698c.png
Gathered-Thralls.png
Involuntary-Interdiction.png
image.png.7313ee335aca9350a0f9437a09120339.png

Unwitting-Guardians.png
image.png.6834e58a7228280d740e03c80f99807b.png
image.png.ebf7979e23ae14fdd0cbecb68ff6fc82.png

Unnatural-Resilience.png

image.png.6a91ed9af4150ad278549d969293beec.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, YoghurtKobold said:

My guess is separation of ranges. The 8th edition treeman is actively being used as an AoS mini, so it won't be incorporated into TOW officially (I'm sure plenty of people will use it), whereas that sword masters are not, so can be (though whether they'll rerelease them is another matter).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

The 8th edition treeman is actively being used as an AoS mini, so it won't be incorporated into TOW officially (I'm sure plenty of people will use it)

That might require some... creative... use of tactical rocks to make it fit on somethig like a 50x50 or 60x60 base :D

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I brought this up elsewhere but a small plot point of Luxa Stormrider’s sister has yet to be seen and they keep pushing that warband hard into multiple games(literally each now UW, Warcry & a mini-warhammer quest) with their own Harrowdeep novel.

GBzlo86akAArsWK?format=jpg&name=small

She might’ve been reforged as a new Knight-Questor Vigilor/Soulsworn they can put in the campaign finales.

Also on UnderWorlds cards, did you guys know there was a whole void-cursed cosmic zombie plague outbreak brought down by the malfunctioning Realmshaper engine in one of the recent decks? Crazy stuff.

image.png.34c4708eaaeb48d293cf377d4722698c.png
Gathered-Thralls.png
Involuntary-Interdiction.png
image.png.7313ee335aca9350a0f9437a09120339.png

Unwitting-Guardians.png
image.png.6834e58a7228280d740e03c80f99807b.png
image.png.ebf7979e23ae14fdd0cbecb68ff6fc82.png

Unnatural-Resilience.png

image.png.6a91ed9af4150ad278549d969293beec.png

Does this kind of lore have any relevance outside of that game? Did this happen in the past?

55 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Maybe the new stormcast is part of the next warhammer quest 

Does someone knows if those side games are released at a strategic period? Maybe there is a slot just before the new ed? 

If we get a quest game, imo would be a 40k based game. There's not much more room left for AoS stuff in between Dawnbringers 5/6 and 4th ed and its end of ed new army/ content.

26 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It seems the christmas squigs won't arrive before Christmas, even if you preordered.

I'm not sure it will even progress from "Pre-order accepted" before that time.

That's weird because I definitely saw some in my local GW store this week, maybe because I'm inside the UK?

Just now, Luperci said:

That's weird because I definitely saw some in my local GW store this week, maybe because I'm inside the UK?

I got mine already- preordered when it first came up, then picked it up on release day. I've seen others floating in regular game stores. I'm based in Down Under, so I expected if we got them, everyone else did.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It seems the christmas squigs won't arrive before Christmas, even if you preordered.

I'm not sure it will even progress from "Pre-order accepted" before that time.

GW seems to have pretty hard delivery problems lately. I am still waiting for the boxes that were supposed to arrive on the 16th, and even worst, I am waiting more than a month for a box from their online catalog.

3 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

My guess is separation of ranges. The 8th edition treeman is actively being used as an AoS mini, so it won't be incorporated into TOW officially (I'm sure plenty of people will use it), whereas that sword masters are not, so can be (though whether they'll rerelease them is another matter).

But releasing a mini costs money. Plus it takes production and storage space. I seriously doubt that many people will buy old metal model when there is a newer official plastic one available en masse. And GW must be aware of that. So rereleasing metal treeman can not be a sound business decision. In other words I do not trust those released images that they really show us what is coming back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

But releasing a mini costs money. Plus it takes production and storage space. I seriously doubt that many people will buy old metal model when there is a newer official plastic one available en masse. And GW must be aware of that. So rereleasing metal treeman can not be a sound business decision. In other words I do not trust those released images that they really show us what is coming back.

Even if that's true they promised a made to order on those older metal minis. So they "all" are going to be released at some point.