The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

The fact that there waiting for the new year to announce the rest makes it seem like they'll get something.  I'd love for Arkham and katakros armies to feel significantly different

Katakros and arkhan are getting REGIMENTS of renown, not ARMIES. 

Regiments are a bunch of minis that come together to use then in another factions (aka mercenaries)

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Indeed. I initially thought it was Morai Heg.

With a bit of work/sculpting, one could probably give her one of the DoK faces, no idea if the sizes match though. She'd need to be dress a tiny bit slu-skimpier for the full DoK look though. 😇

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Katakros and arkhan are getting REGIMENTS of renown, not ARMIES. 

Regiments are a bunch of minis that come together to use then in another factions (aka mercenaries)

I know that's what I'm saying I rather seem a significant difference that would require an army of renown than a regiment.  Giving them regiments just makes me fear that obr is going to be a super friends army moreso than they currently are

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Old World article on mustering an army.

Note the presence of 'Mercenaries' suggesting Dogs of War are around in some form. On the Bretonnian list there's the presence of Squires, which we haven't seen anything model or ruleswise yet have we? 

They'll be released as the classic metal models along with questing, grail Knights and the king on hippogryph renamed as Duke on hippogryph no doubt. 

Really hoping the green Knight gets rereleases as well, always wanted one but never picked one up originally. 

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

And it''s Death! Sekhar, The Fang of Nulahmia.

pqS0eIZmrp5YLtxT.jpg

vgJJxbzu2oFyxOYy.jpg

And a new Regiment of Renown box.

hV2BJYljmrwbDFxJ.jpg

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?!?! A VAMPIRE TIED TO CURSED NULAHMIA THAT HAS A SNAKE PET?!?! IF I DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER I WOULD SAY GW BROUGHT BACK LADY KHALIDA!!!!
Alright, now that my rant’s out of the way, can I just say that I love this mini barring two small complaints: something about her face feels off to me (most likely her nose), and that I’m disappointed her snake isn’t a cobra. With that said, here’s hoping she proves to be a compelling pet of the lore going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?!?! A VAMPIRE TIED TO CURSED NULAHMIA THAT HAS A SNAKE PET?!?! IF I DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER I WOULD SAY GW BROUGHT BACK LADY KHALIDA!!!!
Alright, now that my rant’s out of the way, can I just say that I love this mini barring two small complaints: something about her face feels off to me (most likely her nose), and that I’m disappointed her snake isn’t a cobra. With that said, here’s hoping she proves to be a compelling pet of the lore going forward. 

We shall put our efforts and funds together and unlock the secret magic of nose jobs for her then! It's an evolving market, I tell ya! Those gaunt faces could use fillers or fat transfers too. It's a goldmine. When you exist for an eternity, don't let beauty standards ruin your day!

And once she's even more plastic than a plastic mini (uhm...), she shall be known as Sekhardashian! 

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1

The faction overall definitely doesn't, but I'm happy to see a second named hero for Legion of Blood.  Long term I'd like to see 2 to 3 named heroes for each soulblight subfaction - though that would require removing as many Vyrkos heroes as get added to the other subfactions combined.

Otherwise, I like her.  Very distinct.  And I've always been a sucker for tall, goofy hats.  On the subject of silly hats, what I'm most excited for is the suggestion that Arkhan may be returning to active service.  Exciting times!

While I would have preferred Armies of Renown for the mortarchs rather than regiments of renown, the latter does allow the Mortarchs to assert the sort of general authority over the undead that they really should have but that the current ally rules don't really allow for.  Back in 2nd edition, for instance, we had some Katakros/Olynder team ups that the ally rules never actually allowed for.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 1