The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I am not sure if it’s a mirrored image, but you are right about the rotation from a gravity perspective 

the other side would obviously have different decoration, but i do think mirroring it onto itself gives us a better idea of the object. in this case, it looks like a howdah or other mounted seat

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.7af231bf31ae72b14ba7285a244fc1d8.jpeg

I approve this rumour engine

It's (imho) definitely not Kruleboyz. Apart from the squared hole for the chain looking similar to Hobgrot grenade pins (which are slightly more rounded), this looks too refined for Kruleboyz (rough woodwork spliced with rotted driftwood, rough nail patches, and beaten, rusted metal).

This really does feel like Cities to me (although that might just be favourite faction bias again), especially because I've just finished putting together my first Great Cannon and Fusil-Major whose woodwork is incredibly similar to this (sensibly placed nails, jointed wood pieces, similar rope/wire as cannon crew fire-rod), but I admit the stylized lightning could maybe fit Skaven or Stormcast (although SC don't really use wood). The only thing bugging me is the weird round metal thing behind the woodwork, which for the life of me I can't figure out what it might be.

So overall, for today's "Asbestress explains why the Advent Engine is definitely Cities", my guess would be a Steam Tank replacement/Cogfort/Ironweld machine mechanism.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

The only thing bugging me is the weird round metal thing behind the woodwork, which for the life of me I can't figure out what it might be

i believe the round metal object is a stored shield. i am now just realizing the metal thingy is not a stored trumpet but more like a hook to tie rope on...

• Like 1

Just going for a random thought here. I would say a new Screaming Bell. My second guess is a Corpse Cart.

12 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i believe the round metal object is a stored shield. i am now just realizing the metal thingy is not a stored trumpet but more like a hook to tie rope on...

I think it might be the inside of a wheel. Like this:

Screenshot_20231207_213132_Chrome.jpg.719760efec0f44a559c36c570522de9d.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee

41 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

It's (imho) definitely not Kruleboyz. Apart from the squared hole for the chain looking similar to Hobgrot grenade pins (which are slightly more rounded), this looks too refined for Kruleboyz (rough woodwork spliced with rotted driftwood, rough nail patches, and beaten, rusted metal).

This really does feel like Cities to me (although that might just be favourite faction bias again), especially because I've just finished putting together my first Great Cannon and Fusil-Major whose woodwork is incredibly similar to this (sensibly placed nails, jointed wood pieces, similar rope/wire as cannon crew fire-rod), but I admit the stylized lightning could maybe fit Skaven or Stormcast (although SC don't really use wood). The only thing bugging me is the weird round metal thing behind the woodwork, which for the life of me I can't figure out what it might be.

So overall, for today's "Asbestress explains why the Advent Engine is definitely Cities", my guess would be a Steam Tank replacement/Cogfort/Ironweld machine mechanism.

It’s really hard to tell because wood work is very similar between COs and KB . Skaven is really close to this either . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Just going for a random thought here. I would say a new Screaming Bell. My second guess is a Corpse Cart.

I think it might be the inside of a wheel. Like this:

Screenshot_20231207_213132_Chrome.jpg.719760efec0f44a559c36c570522de9d.jpg

Snotling Pumpwagons confirmed!

Maybe for ToW, I don't care what system, just give me new pumpwagons.

• LOVE IT! 2

23 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

Anyone one have a wishlist for Saturday.  I'm hoping for a vulture lord and arkonsuts oath follow up

I'm hoping for a reveal of the next Gotrek book.

His story is still really interesting, especially with him not wanting to die anymore.

Plus, what ACTUALLY happened to Maleneth?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

I haven't followed gotrek in AOS at all.  I'm not a big fan of the continuing stories from the world that was.

To be fair Gotrek's is fairly simple - even in the Old World the core of Gotrek and Felix was touring the world and visiting a lot of factions and key places. You follow those adventures and you basically tour the Old World. AoS ones are broadly the same, typically you'll have one faction being on Gotrek's side and one against in a given book; with some carrying over. 

The AoS ones have a been a bit more varied though they also feel like every time they end Gotrek is about to do something actually major and then it fizzles (I've a feeling that at some point they will tie him to a big dwarf revival and I kind of get the feeling one was planned and then canned/moved so they had to fizzle it in the series). 

But they are good fun and mostly fairly simple structured. The worst thing with them is the same issue that plagues a LOT of AoS lore; which is the lack of a structured timeline/dating system. So you can get a little lost with how much time has actually passed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Overread said:

And just where is her exclusive GW model that we all know she should have by now! 

I think she'll get her model in due time. Either she (hopefully, because their dynamic is so enjoyable) rejoins Gotrek, or she gets her own series.

Amara is a fun character too, but she and Gotrek don't nearly complement each other's characters as much. But I'm still excited to see how she grows after the end of Blightslayer, if she stays with Gotrek.

How Gotrek thinks of Maleneth now since he never read her final letter is one of the most heartbreaking things in AoS to me though. They should reunite, even if it's not immediately in the next book.

18 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Depending on what we get on the following preview CoS could be present as well with Callis and Toll as they have been appearing during the series.

They could be " just" Black library miniatures such as Drekki flynt and Cado Ezechiar last year ?? Not directly related to Dawnbringers campaign??

• Like 4