The Rumour Thread

19 hours ago, The Red King said:

They could literally say that about anyone lol. "They based their shields on Nagash/Malerion/Nuffles, when they didn't know what he looked like."

According to various sources (off the top of my head), they are based on: Kragnos (especially the Murknob banner with Kragnos on top, orruks below and grots at the bottom)/the orruk holding the shield (eyepatch boy has eyepatch shield)/various spooky stuff (swamp creatures, etc.) to scare victims.

16 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I don't think there are any answers for this, but I was curious if I missed any leaks or info regarding the Vanguard release for CoS? Will the Cities of Sigmar Vanguard release fall on the same day as the Flesh Eater Courts Army Box? This was the case with the Seraphon Vanguard and Cities of Sigmar Army set but that could have just been a coincidental release. 

Also do we have any clue if it will be like the Imperial Guard release with the same models shared between the Army box and Vanguard. If they were to change it up what differences might we see? 

No official info sadly, although since both the S2D and Seraphon army sets' contents where different from the Vanguard I'd think the same for Cities and FEC.

Castelite formation might be a cool idea (Great Cannon, 2x Steelhelms/1 Steelhelms + 1 Fusiliers and Fusil-Major/Alchemite/Marshal), although I don't know if they would include a full on rules legal battalion in a Vanguard box.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Castelite formation might be a cool idea (Great Cannon, 2x Steelhelms/1 Steelhelms + 1 Fusiliers and Fusil-Major/Alchemite/Marshal), although I don't know if they would include a full on rules legal battalion in a Vanguard box.

I think Marshall on foot and at least 10 steelhelms are mandatory. It is the base of every classic army and steelhelms are the only human battleline on their own if i remember well. 

Marshall on foot is the most basic hero of the new wave. 

I will not be surprised if we don't see fusiliers in the box as they better sell them in standalone boxes as their rules are OP. A canon could be a good choice to have a "centerpiece". 

I'm a bit afraid about a mix between old and new minis in the box

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vagard said:

I think Marshall on foot and at least 10 steelhelms are mandatory. It is the base of every classic army and steelhelms are the only human battleline on their own if i remember well. 

I will not be surprised if we don't see fusiliers in the box as they better sell them in standalone boxes as their rules are OP. A canon could be a good choice to have a "centerpiece". 

Any chance we'll get dwarves in the box? I think it's unlikely, but they do turn up in quite a lot of the photos of models.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vagard said:

It would seem logical to structure the vanguard box around the special formation: a unit of fusiliers, a Cannon, a fusil-major and perhaps a unit of steelhelms (though that may be too much?)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

It would seem logical to structure the vanguard box around the special formation: a unit of fusiliers, a Cannon, a fusil-major and perhaps a unit of steelhelms (though that may be too much?)

Steelhelms are mandatory imo. I don't remember a vangard box without a battleline unit, and they are the only battleline by themselves (fusiliers and rangers need a unit of steelhelm to be battleline and cavaliers needs a freeguild general on horse) 

As fusiliers have strong rules and as most of people will play cos in greywater fastness with a lots of them, i think they will not include this unit in order to sell them at a higher price alone. Actually everything that have been in the army box have a chance to be in the vangard box, plus the canon and/or the fusil major as they are more central pieces. 

I say all of that hoping that there will not be old minis in the box, but I will not be that surprised if we see a luminark or a steam stank as a centerpiece of the box 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vagard said:

hoping that there will not be old minis in the box

im on oposite side,old minis are only direct sale and so its imposible buy them at more than 5% disscount(in my country so far) while regular new units we can buy them even at 25%(as now with black friday)

so i hope we get a gryfon or steam tank in the vanguard because its the unique chance of getting more than 5% disscount on these.

also  i got two cities boxes and i dont want more steelhelms or marshalls lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

That would be an instant buy. Let's hope so 😄

The FEC rules look fun. Hopefully the choice between bringing models back v extra attacks makes for some interesting tactical decisions.

I wonder how big the points difference will be between the new and old units which share the Knight or Serf keywords, as they cost the same amount of noble deeds to bring back.

1 hour ago, Doko said:

im on oposite side,old minis are only direct sale and so its imposible buy them at more than 5% disscount(in my country so far) while regular new units we can buy them even at 25%(as now with black friday)

so i hope we get a gryfon or steam tank in the vanguard because its the unique chance of getting more than 5% disscount on these.

also  i got two cities boxes and i dont want more steelhelms or marshalls lol

Would be weird that they put on sale minis from direct sale into a vanguard box. Specially when we know that sooner or later would be retired from the AoS range.

Hmm, mixed thoughts about the "deeds" system. Seems to me extra book keeping and stuff scattered around the hero mini or warscroll to see when your hero has 6 deed counters.

Edit: Wouldn't it be simplier to just add as battletrait that when a hero kills a model, friendly FEC units wholly within 12" gain an extra attack. Or am I missing something?

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

Just now, Tonhel said:

Seems to me extra book keeping and stuff scattered around the hero mini or warscroll to see when your hero has 6 deed counters. 

That's a good point. The army box will have some tokens, presumably for tracking the deeds, hopefully they don't create too much clutter.