The Rumour Thread

Nothing AoS next-week aside from Black Library, but Legions Imperialis finally gets to do a victory lap.

5bE3GiaaTGLlIVL2.jpg

That’s not all – the Old World Almanack returns with a look at the Shooting Phase, we dig into more of the rules from Warhammer: The Horus Heresy – Legions Imperialis, and a very special reveal makes this an unbeatable week for Warhammer fans. We’ll see you there!

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:05 PM, Clan's Cynic said:

Removing Epic from the list. I'm glad about that, but they have content for 2 more weeks.

Spoiler

Necromunda
Lady of Ash
Outpost
Squat vehicle

Age of Sigmar
Key Abhorrant + Judge Death
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: 4

Warcry
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Khan Biblio-Shaman

Warhammer 40k
Adeptus Mechanicus + Tallman + Combat Patrol
Necrons + Imotekh + Overlord + Combat Patrol
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Scouts vs Scorpions

LotR

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer + Unicorn hero + foot Standard Bearer + foot knights + lord on pegasus + maiden + old kits
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support box (Deredeo, Leviathan, Tarantula & Rapier)
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
Medusas
New terrain
Fast Attack pack
Drops
Drops Dread
Spartan
Land Raiders
Super-heavy Storm
Auxilia transport

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Removing Epic from the list. I'm glad about that, but they have content for 2 more weeks.

Hide contents

Necromunda
Lady of Ash
Outpost
Squat vehicle

Age of Sigmar
Key Abhorrant
Mistery book Winter

Warcry
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Lords of War
Khan Biblio-Shaman

Warhammer 40k
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Scouts vs Scorpions

LotR

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer + Unicorn hero + foot Standard Bearer + foot knights + lord on pegasus + maiden + old kits
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
Medusas
New terrain
Fast Attack pack
Drops
Drops Dread
Spartan
Land Raiders
Super-heavy Storm

Pretty likely the next week would be something like black library or a minor release like HH heroes, right?

• LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Hide contents

Necromunda
Lady of Ash
Outpost
Squat vehicle

Age of Sigmar
Key Abhorrant
Mistery book Winter

Warcry
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Lords of War
Khan Biblio-Shaman

Warhammer 40k
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Scouts vs Scorpions

LotR

Old World
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
Medusas
New terrain
Fast Attack pack
Drops
Drops Dread
Spartan
Land Raiders
Super-heavy Storm

Pretty sure heresy lords of war was already done, that was the two other knights after the lancer on the roadmap

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

I would love this! Or a Harry the hammer 

Isn't there a rumour engine that is a skeleton impaled on a chaos spike that looks like the ones from the old Harry base?

*edit, found it

Screenshot_20231112-212558~2.png

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

AoS Harry would fit really well with Death on the rise with book 3, further set-up for chaos in AoS4 and factor in bringing in some sales from the Total War Flc crowd(which hilariously pumped up players numbers for that game better than the Shadows of Change Dlc did) 

He’s also shown up in 2 Warhammer Community Hammer tier lists since 2019 so he’s obviously been on their minds.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/20/warhammer-community-investigates-which-is-the-best-hammer-in-the-mortal-realms/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/27/the-top-5-hammersgw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-3/

15 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

AoS Harry would fit really well with Death on the rise with book 3, further set-up for chaos in AoS4 and factor in bringing in some sales from the Total War Flc crowd(which hilariously pumped up players numbers for that game better than the Shadows of Change Dlc did) 

He’s also shown up in 2 Warhammer Community Hammer tier lists since 2019 so he’s obviously been on their minds.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/20/warhammer-community-investigates-which-is-the-best-hammer-in-the-mortal-realms/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/27/the-top-5-hammersgw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-3/

Please god let Thrones of Decay be better than the obvious desperate cash-grab that was SoC.....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Please god let Thrones of Decay be better than the obvious desperate cash-grab that was SoC.....

It’ll likely depend on if they delay it or not since it wound’ve been worked on alongside the SoC dlc and when they saw Hyenas gonna cost them a fortune so raised prices to account for the $100 mill loss.

So either it releases as is and they hide during the holidays from negative feedback or they delay it and try to cram in some more units to justify the price(even if the units are buggy from the last minute push).

2 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

It’ll likely depend on if they delay it or not since it wound’ve been worked on alongside the SoC dlc and when they saw Hyenas gonna cost them a fortune so raised prices to account for the $100 mill loss.

So either it releases as is and they hide during the holidays from negative feedback or they delay it and try to cram in some more units to justify the price(even if the units are buggy from the last minute push).

Perhaps, but then they have done great work in 4 months before. The fact is that one of the issues with SoC (even ignoring the price) is the lack of really simple but foundational stuff. A lord to lead Ostenkya's stuff as Ice witches and Boyars make no sense leading them, and a Chaos Lord for Tzeentch - pretty much just reskins with a few new assets attached. I'm not sure that the issue was necessarily time, but a desire by management to put as little into a DLC as they could get away with, hope a few big flashy things covered up the lack, and charge the earth for it claiming it is "premium". I guess the plan is to sell the lords that weren't included later.

But maybe I'm just jaded. The lack of 4.1 when we should theoretically be coming up to the announcement of ToD over the next week or 2 does suggest a delay. Either way ToD is a make or break moment for me, if they don't deliver I am just out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Hum... yeah. Maybe it is codex time. They announce some more units on the preview and put everything for sale right after.

Couldn't it also be Dawnbringers 4 next? The last three books went up for preorder the day after the fourth shortstory went up. Last Friday was the second of the current batch and at least the third one will be coming this week as written in the last shortstory article. So as long as they don't take a break between the third and fourth one the day after the fourth would be the 25th which is the next possible preorder day.

Also the reveal show happens on Saturday so the day before they would show the preorders off on Sunday so if we get the book revealed then it would be possible to get it for preorder a week later.

Edited by Matrindur

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Very special reveal? Could it be a Second 40th Anniversary mini? Are we finally getting an AOS Grombrindal mini!?

9 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

I would love this! Or a Harry the hammer 

Why settle for one or the other, when there is the precedent for both?
Grombrindal_White_Dwarf_vs_Harry_the_Ham
Give us a little diorama and a chance to give them either a shared or separate bases. I know I'd buy it and run it as a Chaos Lord for my Slaves to Darkness and then also Gotrek to help out my Stormcast. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Couldn't it also be Dawnbringers 4 next? The last three books went up for preorder the day after the fourth shortstory went up. Last Friday was the second of the current batch and at least the third one will be coming this week as written in the last shortstory article. So as long as they don't take a break between the third and fourth one the day after the fourth would be the 25th which is the next possible preorder day.

Also the reveal show happens on Saturday so the day before they would show the preorders off on Sunday so if we get the book revealed then it would be possible to get it for preorder a week later.

The problem with the shorts that I am seeing is that, as someone pointed out, it is not 4 shorts but 5 per book. So this friday we would be getting the second one. It is normally released once the third one has been put live.

Also the fact that we have confirmation that we would see FEC and we have many more announcements in a pretty short period of time makes me think we won't see Dawnbringer 4 in this preview. But it is not crazy if it ends making appearance.