The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Don't know if this was asked or confirmed but Lorai for the Blacktalons doesn't count as an Idoneth release for the 12+ factions in Dawnbringers right?... please? 

Her warscroll is included in Neave's warband itself and the Warcry rules seem to be tied to them as well. She probably has to be a proxy for an IDK army as a solo model :(

29 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Don't know if this was asked or confirmed but Lorai for the Blacktalons doesn't count as an Idoneth release for the 12+ factions in Dawnbringers right?... please? 

Well, isn't it a regiment of renown?  Doesn't that mean it's something for every Order faction?  Boom!  Just like that we're already at 12+

The warscroll says, "If your army has an Order general but is not a Stormcast Eternals army, you can include these warscrolls in your army as a special type of ally called The Blacktalons regiment of renown."

I think it's unlikely they are counting it that way.  But technically, that makes this group of models for every Order faction. 

49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow, 4th book coming sooner than expected?

would it have to be revealed before the mid november preview then, if there are 4 short stories up until the preorder window. If the book and supposedly FEC + OBR(?) minis are revealed at the US open on the weekend of the 18th, they'd end up on the "next week" preview article on the 19th. Maybe I've mixed things up though

edit: I suppose I could see it if we don't get the FEC battletome and full army alongside book 4, then we have the battletome early january into book 5 late january or early february

Edited by Luperci

56 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I believe that @Nezzhil already teased the remain factions suggesting they would be Khorne, Slaves, Obr, Cities, DoK and Skaven for a total of 13 factions with Dawnbringer minis. 

• Like 1

Just now, Luperci said:

If bonesplittaz are axed then I doubt big waaagh will stick around. Wonder if the battletome will be split and how kruleboyz and ironjawz allies will work

Dont think they will be split. They are actually already split inside the same tome. They just share some lore i guess.

4 minutes ago, Luperci said:

If bonesplittaz are axed then I doubt big waaagh will stick around. Wonder if the battletome will be split and how kruleboyz and ironjawz allies will work

Before KB came out big waaagh was on 2 warclans : IJ and BS . If BS are squatted big waaagh can stay with 2 warclans like before but with IJ and KB this time 

• Like 4

It’s also funny how GW threat the orruk warclans compared to all other factions. Each warclan is counted as separated faction . If you take gloomspite gitz for exemple , they don’t count trolls , gitz squig or spider as separated faction , but all count as Gloomspite gitz regarless which subfaction you play . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

It’s also funny how GW threat the orruk warclans compared to all other factions. Each warclan is counted as separated faction . If you take gloomspite gitz for exemple , they don’t count trolls , gitz squig or spider as separated faction , but all count as Gloomspite gitz regarless which subfaction you play . 

It's good to keep the army book count down if possible I suppose. I'd expect a similar situation if DoK and malerionic aelves share a book, rather than them being combined into one faction.

37 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I believe that @Nezzhil already teased the remain factions suggesting they would be Khorne, Slaves, Obr, Cities, DoK and Skaven for a total of 13 factions with Dawnbringer minis. 

I dont think this has any base. It is purely based on the factions that appeared on the books/re so far. Maybe we have surprises.

39 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Skaven seems strange to me since they are strongly rumored ( Whitefang and Valrak) to be the antagonists of 4th Edition starter.

Just now, cyrus said:

Skaven seems strange to me since they are strongly rumored ( Whitefang and Valrak) to be the antagonists of 4th Edition starter.

I think it's expected they'll recieve a single character model similar to how broken realms gave us kragnos before the kruleboyz and psychic awakening gave us illuminor szeras before the necrons. However arks of omen didn't have any tyranid content so who knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Big Waaagh is starting to feel like the trashbin of Orruk Warclans.

Big Waagh is the opposite. It's the high life for Orruks. They get to cherry pick all of the best units from the others and use them with great allegiance abilities. Big Waagh drags down the other subfactions by making it difficult to balance them without lifting BW into the stratosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

would it have to be revealed before the mid november preview then, if there are 4 short stories up until the preorder window. If the book and supposedly FEC + OBR(?) minis are revealed at the US open on the weekend of the 18th, they'd end up on the "next week" preview article on the 19th. Maybe I've mixed things up though

edit: I suppose I could see it if we don't get the FEC battletome and full army alongside book 4, then we have the battletome early january into book 5 late january or early february

FEC Tome has been unavailable on the webstore for a while now. And I noticed yesterday the start collecting is also now unavailable. So FEC newness must be very soon.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 3