The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Luperci said:

There's definitely potential for an OBR 2nd wave or maybe an expansion to some of the non vampire SBG(grave guard, black knights, bonerattle command box type unit, heavy zombie unit maybe ogors or troggs, new necromancers) if that doesn't happen throughout 4th. I have no idea what a new death faction would look like though, unless the silent people are undead bug people.

Yeah that's a good shout for SBGL, and as always I hope to finally get a mounted vampire generic character, and hopefully a refresh of the old Dread Abyssal!

But I do think OBR is probably the most likely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know the Rumour Thread isnt the place to announce this but just like my Marriage announcement 2 years ago I felt the urge to inform my TGA Family of some news I recieved this evening upon coming home from work.

Im going to be a Dad 😊

Congratulations to Papa @KingBrodd!!! May your child be healthy and your family ever growing!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Maybe, but then Kruelboys weren't really a big player in BR, they just kinda emerged after as a result of Kragnos causing a ruckus. So not sure that Skaven will play a major role outside of foreshadowing 4th Edition. I guess they could just randomly come in and blow up a large portion of the crusade (probably as well as most of their own army that was meant to attack it after the boom) as an end point, it would be very Skaven.

I don't know though, it does seem that the narrative is going towards Ushoran as the big player, though I guess he may be the Belakor, rather than the Kragnos of the series. In other words the major mover and shaker, though not the big cataclysmic character that actually signals the transition to the next edition.

Skavens already did a little move in the books. Wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing more hints here and there.

OBR are the most likely candidates for a Wave 2 from Death. The Bonereapers feel incomplete, and only have 9 units that aren’t heroes, and only 11 Heroes at that, meaning that the Nighthaunt have almost as many Heroes as the OBR have units total, and the SBGL have more Heroes than the OBR have units. The only line smaller in Death is the FEC who need to be approached as a black box because of their refresh. 

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Another thing, thinking about it I would assume that 5th edition will be a Death edition. I wonder what they will launch with for that. There doesn't seem to be a lot of design space left for a new Death force, but then I'm sure they could think of something, and nothing needs fully refreshing. Maybe this will be when OBR will get a big 2nd wave? I cannot see it being Nighthaunt again, and FEC would have had an update fairly recently. So unless it is something completely new OBR or SBG would seem to be the candidates.

If I have to bet, I would go for FEC. They are going to receive an update, yes. But I don't think it would be that big, and their army only have 2 minis from AoS. One of them being a commemorative series one, so there's plenty of room for a launch box update for them, imo. Even after the refresh we are waiting.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Skavens already did a little move in the books. Wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing more hints here and there.

Sure, but I imagine that is preparing for their big move at the start of 4th, rather than for something big in the Dawnbringer narrative. May well be wrong though, just my take.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If I have to bet, I would go for FEC. They are going to receive an update, yes. But I don't think it would be that big, and their army only have 2 minis from AoS. One of them being a commemorative series one, so there's plenty of room for a launch box update for them, imo. Even after the refresh we are waiting.

I guess it will depend on the FEC update coming, that is quite the wildcard. If it is not on the scale of the refreshes over the last year then I could see you being right on that, but if it is a larger release my money is on OBR for 5th.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know the Rumour Thread isnt the place to announce this but just like my Marriage announcement 2 years ago I felt the urge to inform my TGA Family of some news I recieved this evening upon coming home from work.

Im going to be a Dad 😊

Huge congrats on your mini Bankbreaker / Legostomper / Sleepsmasher! 👶🏻 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Mutton said:

With the rumors circling around the idea of 5 Dawnbringer books instead of 4, I'm curious to see which the next will be. There's been such a constant teasing for The Summer King, it's hard to imagine him being anything other than the finale. But we also have mentions of widespread Khornate mobilization. 

I'm wondering if the next book will be the Summer King, but the final, semi-secret 5th book will be Khorgas Khul's ascendance, bringing him back into the lore in a major way. This would pave a path for the alleged Vandus remaster--the two being rivals. OR...

...I know everyone has basically decided that the 4th edition box will be SC vs Skaven...but what if it's a revamp of the 1st edition box? Resculpted Vandus, prosecutors, liberators, etc., vs. Ascended Khul?

Just some interesting thought experiments.

Rumors are rumors and guessing, they are not real

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Mutton said:

With the rumors circling around the idea of 5 Dawnbringer books instead of 4, I'm curious to see which the next will be. There's been such a constant teasing for The Summer King, it's hard to imagine him being anything other than the finale. But we also have mentions of widespread Khornate mobilization. 

I'm wondering if the next book will be the Summer King, but the final, semi-secret 5th book will be Khorgas Khul's ascendance, bringing him back into the lore in a major way. This would pave a path for the alleged Vandus remaster--the two being rivals. OR...

...I know everyone has basically decided that the 4th edition box will be SC vs Skaven...but what if it's a revamp of the 1st edition box? Resculpted Vandus, prosecutors, liberators, etc., vs. Ascended Khul?

Just some interesting thought experiments.

That's a cool idea but the skaven rumour comes from Whitefang who has never been wrong. 

The big question is whether there will be a 5th Dawnbringers book. I think there will be as it will fill the gap in the release schedule. With book 4 and FEC due in winter are we really going to have a spring with 0 AoS releases? Getting a new Korgas model in a hypothetical book 5 in the spring is definitely a possibility. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Another thing, thinking about it I would assume that 5th edition will be a Death edition. I wonder what they will launch with for that. There doesn't seem to be a lot of design space left for a new Death force, but then I'm sure they could think of something, and nothing needs fully refreshing. Maybe this will be when OBR will get a big 2nd wave? I cannot see it being Nighthaunt again, and FEC would have had an update fairly recently. So unless it is something completely new OBR or SBG would seem to be the candidates.

I still think we'll get some sort of "fallen stormcast" by Nagash hand at some point.

• Like 1

In death so far we have Ghoolies and Ghosties, so we still need the long leggity beasties and the Things that go bump in the Nght!

They've kind of tried to roll werewolves into soulblight, but that's the other big Halloween archetype. Skeletal barrow kings could be spun out into their own faction, and of course we'll hopefully soon see the return of the mummies in ToW if not AoS.

My friend and I tried to think what a completely new and original death army could be. The most warhammer thing we could think of was giant floating skulls, made of skulls. They'd be released by Nagash specifically as an anti Khorne faction to steal back the skulls, and thus souls, being taken to the skull throne. There could be other units designed to counter other chaos powers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely OBR are death stormcast.

I don’t think chaos stormcast (darkcast?) would happen but it’d be cool to see redeemed or purged followers of chaos in SCE.

Death-worshipping cults - a la the chaos warcry warbands - seems logical as far as new units and heroes go. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I assume some will not like this, but I would love to see it. I would love to see Stormcasts that switched to Nagash or to Chaos. 😃

I am there with you. As long as it doesn't end like Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines (being basically the same with different colour) I would love to see it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Jator said:

I still think we'll get some sort of "fallen stormcast" by Nagash hand at some point.

I have a feeling that will be in Nighthaunt. There was a short story released during BR with a Stormcast raiding a massive NH prison complex, which it turned out had loads of captured SC souls they were torturing and experimenting on.

Also Soul Wars has the blueprint for that as in that book Nagash captured and twisted a SC who had escaped reforging and he was part of the NH forces.

@Luperci I think I answered your question before you asked it 😛

Edited by Goatforce
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am there with you. As long as it doesn't end like Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines (being basically the same with different colour) I would love to see it.

I think they've done a good job making chaos space marines distinct and unique compared to how they used to be. But I won't go any more off topic. Is there a precedent for fallen stormcast in the lore at all? From what I've read they're all super loyal to sigmar until they go kinda crazy from reforging

Edited by Luperci
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I think they've done a good job making chaos space marines distinct and unique compared to how they used to be. But I won't go any more off topic. Is there a precedent for fallen stormcast in the lore at all? From what I've read they're all super loyal to sigmar until they go kinda crazy from reforging

I think there's precedents about Stormcast souls being corrupted, not Stormcast as an entity being corrupted.

• Like 1