The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Mutton said:

With the rumors circling around the idea of 5 Dawnbringer books instead of 4, I'm curious to see which the next will be. There's been such a constant teasing for The Summer King, it's hard to imagine him being anything other than the finale. But we also have mentions of widespread Khornate mobilization. 

I'm wondering if the next book will be the Summer King, but the final, semi-secret 5th book will be Khorgas Khul's ascendance, bringing him back into the lore in a major way. This would pave a path for the alleged Vandus remaster--the two being rivals. OR...

...I know everyone has basically decided that the 4th edition box will be SC vs Skaven...but what if it's a revamp of the 1st edition box? Resculpted Vandus, prosecutors, liberators, etc., vs. Ascended Khul?

Just some interesting thought experiments.

Maybe Dawnbringers could be setting up a major conflict between FEC and Khorne, as the crazed hordes of Ushoran launch their own “crusades” against the forces of chaos in order to curry favor with Nagash?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mutton said:

With the rumors circling around the idea of 5 Dawnbringer books instead of 4, I'm curious to see which the next will be. There's been such a constant teasing for The Summer King, it's hard to imagine him being anything other than the finale. But we also have mentions of widespread Khornate mobilization. 

I'm wondering if the next book will be the Summer King, but the final, semi-secret 5th book will be Khorgas Khul's ascendance, bringing him back into the lore in a major way. This would pave a path for the alleged Vandus remaster--the two being rivals. OR...

...I know everyone has basically decided that the 4th edition box will be SC vs Skaven...but what if it's a revamp of the 1st edition box? Resculpted Vandus, prosecutors, liberators, etc., vs. Ascended Khul?

I think the Summer King being the big 'surprise' that takes down one of the Dawnbringer Crusades would track, especially since they already kind of did something similar with Broken Realms: Teclis dropping alongside the second LRL Battletome.

They made a point of talking about II and III being Destruction and Order focused respectively, which could imply we're due a Chaos and Death-focus for IV and V. Given they've namedropped a fair bit of Khorne stuff in the Dawnbringers books, that makes me err on the side of them being the posterboys of a book rather than the new edition, but who knows?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the Summer King being the big 'surprise' that takes down one of the Dawnbringer Crusades would track, especially since they already kind of did something similar with Broken Realms: Teclis dropping alongside the second LRL Battletome.

They made a point of talking about II and III being Destruction and Order focused respectively, which could imply we're due a Chaos and Death-focus for IV and V. Given they've namedropped a fair bit of Khorne stuff in the Dawnbringers books, that makes me err on the side of them being the posterboys of a book rather than the new edition, but who knows?

I think darkoath more then khorne as we've had credible rumours about new darkoath stuff coming as well as the darkoath symbol in the first dawnbringers video. 

20 minutes ago, Baz said:

I think darkoath more then khorne as we've had credible rumours about new darkoath stuff coming as well as the darkoath symbol in the first dawnbringers video. 

Darkoath= new marauders/light horse cavalry.

Khorne= updated Valkia and/or Khorgos Khul unique model (since his original is used as a generic lord).

problem solved.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I know the Rumour Thread isnt the place to announce this but just like my Marriage announcement 2 years ago I felt the urge to inform my TGA Family of some news I recieved this evening upon coming home from work.

Im going to be a Dad 😊

congratulations!

Now would you say that makes your family... The Broddy Bunch? 😁

• Haha 9

46 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I know the Rumour Thread isnt the place to announce this but just like my Marriage announcement 2 years ago I felt the urge to inform my TGA Family of some news I recieved this evening upon coming home from work.

Im going to be a Dad 😊

Ah mate that's belter. Congrats to you both! All hail the little Brodd!!

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

If we wouldn't have the leaks about Skaven vs SCE for 4th box I would say Summer King as the end of Dawnbringers and the Khornate as prelude for the 4th ed box. But this Skavens leak mess it all around, so the only thing fiting it is having a 5th book.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Im going to be a Dad 😊

Congrats! Wish you a plenty of sons of behemat.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Im going to be a Dad 😊

Congrats! May Brodd II be as effervescent and positive as their father. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Im going to be a Dad 😊

Congratulations!

• LOVE IT! 1

I’m thinking FEC is a bit of a red herring. They’re appearing, but it’s not going to be what sinks a crusade. I believe in one book it was mentioned that there’s been something going on underground… I think it’ll be a vermintide that ruins one of the campaigns leading into Stormcast vs Skaven. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Im going to be a Dad 😊

Congratulations for the Prince or Princess of all gargants!

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Scyla Anfingrimm rather than Valkia, and I buy this.

You both will be surprised at the new and improved Arbaal the Undefeated.

• LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

I’m thinking FEC is a bit of a red herring. They’re appearing, but it’s not going to be what sinks a crusade. I believe in one book it was mentioned that there’s been something going on underground… I think it’ll be a vermintide that ruins one of the campaigns leading into Stormcast vs Skaven. 

In the story about the fyreslayers exile he talks about how his magmahold was overrun by skaven. Pretty clear foreshadowing for what's coming I'd bet

39 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Maybe, but then Kruelboys weren't really a big player in BR, they just kinda emerged after as a result of Kragnos causing a ruckus. So not sure that Skaven will play a major role outside of foreshadowing 4th Edition. I guess they could just randomly come in and blow up a large portion of the crusade (probably as well as most of their own army that was meant to attack it after the boom) as an end point, it would be very Skaven.

I don't know though, it does seem that the narrative is going towards Ushoran as the big player, though I guess he may be the Belakor, rather than the Kragnos of the series. In other words the major mover and shaker, though not the big cataclysmic character that actually signals the transition to the next edition.

Another thing, thinking about it I would assume that 5th edition will be a Death edition. I wonder what they will launch with for that. There doesn't seem to be a lot of design space left for a new Death force, but then I'm sure they could think of something, and nothing needs fully refreshing. Maybe this will be when OBR will get a big 2nd wave? I cannot see it being Nighthaunt again, and FEC would have had an update fairly recently. So unless it is something completely new OBR or SBG would seem to be the candidates.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Another thing, thinking about it I would assume that 5th edition will be a Death edition. I wonder what they will launch with for that. There doesn't seem to be a lot of design space left for a new Death force, but then I'm sure they could think of something, and nothing needs fully refreshing. Maybe this will be when OBR will get a big 2nd wave? I cannot see it being Nighthaunt again, and FEC would have had an update fairly recently. So unless it is something completely new OBR or SBG would seem to be the candidates.

There's definitely potential for an OBR 2nd wave or maybe an expansion to some of the non vampire SBG(grave guard, black knights, bonerattle command box type unit, heavy zombie unit maybe ogors or troggs, new necromancers) if that doesn't happen throughout 4th. I have no idea what a new death faction would look like though, unless the silent people are undead bug people.

Edited by Luperci
  • Confused 1