The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Not seeing people discuss the Whitefang like on this comment, but it seems pretty important. Do we know the Death faction yet? I'm hoping for Nighthaunt (preferably since I know 2 people waiting for a dedicated NH warband) or Ossiarch (to give them some more units) personally.

Someone else mentioned the LRL vs Osiarch rivalry. It is a good box candidate.

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Interesting. So does that mean a DoK hero for Dawnbringers and an LRL warcry warband?

I think so. Yes. The hints for the DoK hero for Dawnbringers seems to be clear and LRL had no love recently.

The "yes, but" could even mean a LRL band but with no elven, just smaller elementals kind of the Alarith Spirit or the Hurakan Spirit but smaller. Something that fits a different element. A bunch of them working together.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Not seeing people discuss the Whitefang like on this comment, but it seems pretty important. Do we know the Death faction yet? I'm hoping for Nighthaunt (preferably since I know 2 people waiting for a dedicated NH warband) or Ossiarch (to give them some more units) personally.

I just want to be greedy and say a new unit of hexwraiths that look more like they fit the Nighthaunt army. Since we are in the era of the beast and a lot of things are beast themed i think i have a chance here.

• Like 2

If it is LRL, they’re most likely going to be paired off with the OBR because both have a policy which is basically “Kill them or mess with their operations as frequently as possible”, and especially the Stalliarch Lords follow this doctrine with great enthusiasm. They could be paired with Nighthaunt, but that pairing would better serve a DoK or Orruk Warclans matchup. 

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I just want to be greedy and say a new unit of hexwraiths that look more like they fit the Nighthaunt army. Since we are in the era of the beast and a lot of things are beast themed i think i have a chance here.

I would love this, but I doubt it. The realms of Ruin Hexwraith unfortunately don't have a new design (though it is sorely needed, the kit sticks out like a sore thumb even though it's quite prominently used), and I don't think there's any precedent for an all-cavalry Warcry Warband.

image.jpeg.2214c8c7255e571116bfa9006479e979.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Snarff said:

A Lumineth Warband could be very interesting, even though I would have much preferred Idoneth. I'm hoping for Zenith and that we get a look into which creatures they'll be getting.

A unit of scouts with DR would be fantastic. And having something new for my favourite army is always a treat, so bring it on, GW!

• Like 1

(Long-time lurker.) The DoK icon might belong not to a random Crone Herald but to their alleged ringleader name-dropped in Covens of Blood:

Spoiler

Crone Hellebron

Due to the crow theme of Morai-Heg, the icon might be on the same model as this RE:

The Rumour Engine – 3rd October 2023 - Warhammer Community

Even more speculatively, an endgame-ish direction for DoK:

Spoiler

Morathi-Khaine vs. Hellebron-Morai-Heg (Morai-Hellebron?)

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

(Long-time lurker.) The DoK icon might belong not to a random Crone Herald but to their alleged ringleader name-dropped in Covens of Blood:

Reveal hidden contents

Crone Hellebron

Due to the crow theme of Morai-Heg, the icon might be on the same model as this RE:

Even more speculatively, an endgame-ish direction for DoK:

Reveal hidden contents

Morathi-Khaine vs. Hellebron-Morai-Heg (Morai-Hellebron?)

ageofmommy.jpg

• Haha 18

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm in the U.S. and have been somewhat interested in Stormbringer.  I like most of the minis, but I gotta say, it's disappointing to start with the dominion box.  I already have it.  And while I would like more Gutrippas or Boltboyz, the Dominion ones come without banners and musicians, if I recall correctly.  For those that have already subscribed, have you found it to be worth it?

Just now, Ferban said:

I'm in the U.S. and have been somewhat interested in Stormbringer.  I like most of the minis, but I gotta say, it's disappointing to start with the dominion box.  I already have it.  And while I would like more Gutrippas or Boltboyz, the Dominion ones come without banners and musicians, if I recall correctly.  For those that have already subscribed, have you found it to be worth it?

Imo it is worth it. The issues themselves are pretty nice, and the price of the issues thinking mini whise always comes with a decent discount.

9 minutes ago, Ferban said:

Honestly I'd say not worth subscribing, better to buy individual high value issues from LGSs or anywhere else that stocks them. That's what I've done with this and the 40k one a few years back 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

Stuff from rumour engines doesn't necessarily come out any time near their RE preview. Even if this is a Morai-Heg-related AoS model, there's no guarantee it'll be out as part of Dawnbringers, is there?

It's really random, we've had RE that get fully revealed within a month and others that have been like a year+ into the future.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

A non-Morathi sub faction of DOK might actually motivate me to revisit my DOK that I grabbed back when they first released, especially if they're based around a death god(ess).

The narrative stranglehold Morathi has (had? since rivalries have already been established) was one of the biggest reasons I never started them---it's the same issue I have with Death and Nagash, but the models were too good for me to stay away. A lot of Warhammer lore exists as a framework for players to create their armies and set their battles in so having something say, "This is how it is 100% of the time with no exceptions," feels pretty weird and counterintuitive to that. Conflict is the beating heart of every narrative, so even having them as hopeless underdogs is still a big boost to the universe and what stories you can tell with them. Actual model support would be even better.

On that note, I really hope GW uses Nagash's (temporary) downfall as an excuse to bring back some other gods of death. They don't have to be equal in power, but just saying they're out there and doing stuff opens a lot of narrative potential.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

The narrative stranglehold Morathi has (had? since rivalries have already been established) was one of the biggest reasons I never started them---it's the same issue I have with Death and Nagash, but the models were too good for me to stay away. A lot of Warhammer lore exists as a framework for players to create their armies and set their battles in so having something say, "This is how it is 100% of the time with no exceptions," feels pretty weird and counterintuitive to that. Conflict is the beating heart of every narrative, so even having them as hopeless underdogs is still a big boost to the universe and what stories you can tell with them. Actual model support would be even better.

On that note, I really hope GW uses Nagash's (temporary) downfall as an excuse to bring back some other gods of death. They don't have to be equal in power, but just saying they're out there and doing stuff opens a lot of narrative potential.

I dunno, Morathi's position within the DoK has always been pretty interesting to me because it is kinda precarious, she doesn't have absolute magical control over the various cults like Nagash, I think all of the DoK books have made a point to mention that not every aspect of the Khainite cults are on board with Morathi as the head.  But codifying that aspect with a proper character doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 5