The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's something to be said for there being two Order armies of scantily-clad religious-warriors who are trying to resurrect their dead god with model ranges based off singular units from WHFB... but who otherwise receive drastically different amounts of attention from GW.

GW be like:

83on8r.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's something to be said for there being two Order armies of scantily-clad religious-warriors who are trying to resurrect their dead god with model ranges based off singular units from WHFB... but who otherwise receive drastically different amounts of attention from GW.

I can't react twice to the same post so assume I'm also crying too. Although hopefully Fyreslayers are starting to get the attention they deserve

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Woah woah woah what did I miss here!?

New DOK Warcry Warband?

More likely new DoK hero for Dawnbringers, leading an anti Morathi faction. 

FEC, Fyreslayers, Gloomspite, Nurgle, Ironjawz, Stormcast, Sylvaneth, Slaves to Darkness and DoK. That makes ten counting two hinted at by Whitefang.

Preemptive edit. 

I'm still think "elf but" means Elf but not Warcry rather than Elf but not order. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

FEC, Fyreslayers, Gloomspite, Nurgle, Ironjawz, Stormcast, Sylvaneth, Slaves to Darkness and DoK. That makes ten counting two hinted at by Whitefang.

Preemptive edit. 

I'm still think "elf but" means Elf but not Warcry rather than Elf but not order. 

I’m pretty sure it means Elf but not DoK as the next order Warcry band. 

Edit: as madmac said, missed that. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Lucentia said:

It does kinda look like it could be a unit standard, but it could also be an elaborate hero back/head piece, so it's hard to tell.  But an AoR based around non-Morathi aligned DoK, with restricted access to scathborn units and such feels plausible.

DoK already have a warcry unit, and three underworlds squads, so I'd be a little surprised if it were part of another one of those.

@stll-young @madmac Whitefang liked this post which suggests an AoS character not a warcry thing. 

Edited by Chikout

49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Then it has to be CoS being dark elven based, which would be quite surprising.

Why? Could be Lumineth, Idoneth etc

Edit: I don’t think the ‘elf, but…’ is related to the rumour engine (Obviously that’s elf related to but). It was just in reply to ‘DoK for Warcry?’

Edited by Still-young

18 hours ago, madmac said:

Keeping in mind that so far 90% of rules content for the dawnbringers books is new Armies of Renown (aka new subfactions) a new DoK unit or hero that has a themed army built around them seems on brand. And the hag is kinda death themed, so it would fit with book 4, probably.

Whitefang also liked this post from you @madmac.

These two things together suggest Dawnbringers and not Warcry. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

Preemptive edit. 

Wouldn't you add Khorne to that one as well?

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wouldn't you add Khorne to that one as well?

I don't think Whitefang has ever hinted at Khorne. The spear everyone thought was Valkia seems to be from a slaves to Darkness hero. Khorne are still possible but a Whitefang hint is the closest thing we have to an official announcement so I'm counting Whitefang rumours in the list but not anyone else's.