The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But what I saw was all the models inside and the prices. I mean if someone saw the same for AoS.

I don't think we even have that for all of the 40k ones, just Valrak's incomplete rumours (he hasn't clarified how many of certain units are in boxes in some cases) and a potato cam photo of the Imperial Guard one that came out today

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I don't think we even have that for all of the 40k ones, just Valrak's incomplete rumours (he hasn't clarified how many of certain units are in boxes in some cases) and a potato cam photo of the Imperial Guard one that came out today

He did for 40k and the guard one is spot on. 

18 minutes ago, Baz said:

He did for 40k and the guard one is spot on. 

He didn't, he did for the guard and Space Marine one because those are factions he cares about but he was very vague about the quantities in the Tyranid, World Eaters, Orks and Votann boxes. 

Just now, KingBrodd said:

All I want from 4th is;

Skaven Range Refresh.

Ogor Mawtribes Range Refresh.

Beasts of Chaos Range Refresh.

Anything else is cherries.

For me it's this, plus a KO/FS/IDK/OBR update. It's not just the WFB holdovers that need updated models, it's the smaller AoS-proper armies that need substantial expansions/releases too.

And I'd still like the AoS-ification of some of the standout old kits in new ranges, like they did with Ardboyz. Dryads are the sore thumb that sticks out in Sylvaneth and could be amazing with some proper AoS sculpts. While not as bad, Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter (which are key to DoK and could definitely be better) and Doomfire Warlocks (which I wouldn't mind being removed from DoK altogether) are in the same boat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, EonChao said:

He didn't, he did for the guard and Space Marine one because those are factions he cares about but he was very vague about the quantities in the Tyranid, World Eaters, Orks and Votann boxes. 

He's done a few videos and live streams where he's tried to get more numbers and they have been posted online. He's not into aos so doesn't make a real effort to get the info. The guard pic leaked today matches what he's said would come in the box. 

Screenshot_20231019_153540_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231019_153545_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, Baz said:

He's done a few videos and live streams where he's tried to get more numbers and they have been posted online. He's not into aos so doesn't make a real effort to get the info. The guard pic leaked today matches what he's said would come in the box. 

Can you not see the bits where people are saying he doesn't know how many Berserkers or Eightbound are in the World Eaters box? Or how the math doesn't work for the Votan one or the Orks one possibly has two boxes of Beast Snagga Boyz? Like it literally says we don't know exactly what's in them in the screenshots you've posted and that's the most up to date information.

Just now, EonChao said:

Can you not see the bits where people are saying he doesn't know how many Berserkers or Eightbound are in the World Eaters box? Or how the math doesn't work for the Votan one or the Orks one possibly has two boxes of Beast Snagga Boyz? Like it literally says we don't know exactly what's in them in the screenshots you've posted and that's the most up to date information.

Correct for most boxes he didn't say specific numbers, thats why I assumed/tried to guess the numbers based on the likely price and discount but I also assumed all boxes will be the same price. If they do different prices which they did do in the past it could again be different quantities than I wrote in that screenshotted post.

So don't take those numbers for granted, just see them as a approximation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Matrindur said:

Correct for most boxes he didn't say specific numbers, thats why I assumed/tried to guess the numbers based on the likely price and discount but I also assumed all boxes will be the same price. If they do different prices which they did do in the past it could again be different quantities than I wrote in that screenshotted post.

So don't take those numbers for granted, just see them as a approximation

Yep, I'm interested in the Orks one for a future painting project so am keeping a vague eye out for more news, checking your thread on Dakka every now and then for updates. So thanks for keeping an eye on it

24 minutes ago, Snarff said:

For me it's this, plus a KO/FS/IDK/OBR update. It's not just the WFB holdovers that need updated models, it's the smaller AoS-proper armies that need substantial expansions/releases too.

And I'd still like the AoS-ification of some of the standout old kits in new ranges, like they did with Ardboyz. Dryads are the sore thumb that sticks out in Sylvaneth and could be amazing with some proper AoS sculpts. While not as bad, Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter (which are key to DoK and could definitely be better) and Doomfire Warlocks (which I wouldn't mind being removed from DoK altogether) are in the same boat.

Completely agree. All the 1st Edition armies need their Wave 2 and, personally for me, 90% of the WHFB sculpts need updating across AOS.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

90% of the WHFB sculpts need updating across AOS

i am not agree,entire disposesed range is great and dont need be aosified because they are better looking than any aos model.

they are a 10/10 and cant be make better,i dont want a remake with half dwarf half any other nonsense as almost every other aos army

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 15

46 minutes ago, Doko said:

i am not agree,entire disposesed range is great and dont need be aosified because they are better looking than any aos model.

they are a 10/10 and cant be make better,i dont want a remake with half dwarf half any other nonsense as almost every other aos army

That is so dwarfy! Ahaha!

what do we think will be in the possible ossiarch christmas box? Morghast / mortek catapult / ossifector / mortek guards?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

As far as I know, the rumours of what's in the 40k boxes come from Valrak.

After pestering, he did a video mentioning those four AoS boxes. He openly doesn't care about AoS (honestly, he really only cares about Space Marines), so he was pretty vague. The only detail he mentioned was that the StD box would be "Be'lakor themed" with Eternus in it. 

Basically yesterday a little spanish channel was on livestream with another guy and the other guy received somehow an image of the Imperial Guard battleforce. It included 2 Rhogal Dornes and some other stuff and its price was said to be 150 €.

Spoiler

The next day (this morning) on his whats app group there was a full list of all the battle forces, their content and the price. Sadly I like to clear all the whats app messages so I don't have it on hand.

So my question is if this has happened with the AoS ones somewhere as well.

2 hours ago, Baz said:

This is what I saw on the whatsapp group.

1 hour ago, Doko said:

What about this: 

Would you say it looks better than what we currently have dwarvens whise for CoS? To mee they don't hold very well if you compare it with the new humans, and this sculpt, for example, looks better and fits better imo.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Doko said:

they are a 10/10 and cant be make better,

I mean we gotta see them first before we can say if they can’t do better. I can already imagine some over-the-top duardin troops swathed in plate armor that’s covered in glowing runes hewing through chaos with great axes they wield one-handed and lightning anvil-shaped hammers that send out thunderclaps with each slam or maybe Dispossessed armies more like the Freeguild and using far more sophisticated weapons like shields that have guns actually attached to the front to fire instead of a pavise system and maybe even shield flamethrowers:

image.jpeg.0bb1612e7ee79884f0ef2e38688aecdd.jpeg

Besides, with TOW your current set will be safe anyway to always get more from and proxy.

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Add Bonesplitterz to this list and we're on the same page

I hope they eventually get a decent refresh if more shaman brutes & Krule hunters don’t push them out.

One thing I’d like to see(besides were-boars) is this little bit of lore that had Bonesplitterz wear the claws, teeth, pelts and club tail of the creature they slew and they took in it’s spirit so they fought in unison to act just like parts of the beast if it was still alive.

Would make new interesting units of “Mor-totems” that are like warbands in how they operate together(Gobbapalooza) in that as each beast part has a different weapon/body part and effect so you want to be careful what gets taken out if you want to keep the ward pelt middle or toxic tail stinger. And while there’s more than half still alive gets the Monster Keyword as they can channel it’s spirit(opening up options if you actually want to lose more than half to avoid anti-monster units or keep the keyword to carry out Rampages)

Lastly, kinda off-topic but feel good moment, took a screenshot of the current community page today and just felt so happy the AoS love we’re getting right now between new stories, Nyugen getting recognition he deserves, the Realmgate Wars battle report over one of the most interesting campaigns & realmscapes back then and even the joy of a good AoS videogame getting highlighted.

image.jpeg.f66b240872bacb1858575ccec64927ad.jpeg

Age of Sigmar keeps on winning, lads! 🍻 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about this: 

Would you say it looks better than what we currently have dwarvens whise for CoS? To mee they don't hold very well if you compare it with the new humans, and this sculpt, for example, looks better and fits better imo.

nop,this is a 3/10 with luck,dont have details,dont have runes,it is only a try to copy the gw dwarfs but failled.

its only personal,but to me both dwarfs and dark elfs of cos are 10/10 and dont only hold very well if we compare to new humans,they are better

• Confused 7

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

All I want from 4th is;

Skaven Range Refresh.

Fyreslayers Wave 2.

Idoneth Wave 2.

Yes please for Beasts of Chaos,

To be fair there are some sculpts that I can live with if I have to: Bestigors, Gors, Cygor/Ghorgon, Brayshaman.

Some I'd be ok to be cut entirely: Razagor, Cockatrice, Chimera, Chariots, Warhounds.

And some that (in my opinion are integral to the BoC schtick) and deserve a refresh: Centigors, Bullgors + Doombull, Jabbaslythe, Dragon ogors + Shaggoth, Chaos Spawn.

I'd be more excited to see anything new they can come up with, to me the BoC are a dark mirror to the Sylvaneth, they want the realms to be verdant and bountiful, they just want the Chaos-mutated version of that... I would love to see more of the nature twisted and turned monstrous, and the sinister "things that live in the woods" vibe reflected in their models. More models that I could imagine conducting dark pagan rituals around herdstones and snatching, twisting and transforming remote villages into their image, like the short story we got about the tales of the BoC transforming people. I want to see beastmen who can plot, scheme and infiltrate in order to bring down civilization, as I think this would give them more narrative opportunities and some amazing new minis.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

All I want from 4th is;

Skaven Range Refresh.

Fyreslayers Wave 2.

Idoneth Wave 2.

I'm hoping there's also Lizards wave 2.

IIRC there was a highly accurate rumor monger who predicted new temple guard & bigg dino before the new release but it never materialized.

Judging by his track record (pretty much all the stuff that came out toward the end of 2022/beginning of 2023 for both main systems), it seems to me that W2 is likely.

Also, leaving temple guard as they are would be a bad look.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1