The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Lol imagine after all the rumours and nudges toward kurnothi we just end up with some insects or terrain.

Kurnothi are the new 'bretonnian stormcast'. Expectations of the community miles away from the reality.

Oh my relief when I tapped the "thanks" react on this and it wasn't @Whitefang

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Greene said:

I was thinking about we can see army box this preview and full release with next book.. 🥲

Ahh! The army box is very plausible it is shown if It exists because It could be released this year. They full roster is very hard because we have another preview before the full release.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EntMan said:

All this Kurnothi talk got me thinking, when we eventually (hopefully) get a Kurnothi subfraction in Sylvaneth, how long before we start the Woodland Soup Vs Separate Tomes debate? 😂

Don't you feel a subfaction needs to have a sustantial amount of units before even considering that? I don't think many armies would meet that criteria.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baz said:

I think the bugs on the promo pic and whitefangs trophy emoji on the comment re more bugs could probably lead to the theory that we will see something like a giant bug in the same vein as the giant pig or even a hero on bug. Could be a herald of Kurnoth as a redesigned Wild rider? 

Maybe something like these 

Screenshot_2023-10-12-11-16-05-916_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-12-11-15-37-142_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't you feel a subfaction needs to have a sustantial amount of units before even considering that? I don't think many armies would meet that criteria.

Hence the 'eventually' and 'hopefully' - I'm not expecting a Kruleboyz style new subfraction introduced day 1. But I'm hoping that whatever we get will be the start of a movement towards that.

I think we'll need to get more than a couple of animal based units to properly fit in and hold there own in a currently tree/plant based faction.

17 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Maybe something like these 

Screenshot_2023-10-12-11-16-05-916_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-12-11-15-37-142_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

So this image was there just before  warhammer fest preview last year where they showed off the spite bugs. Definitely was a teaser. Think we might have seen something similar in yesterday's pic. Maybe something more like a mini wardroth beetle rider. 

Screenshot_20231012_102640_X.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

15 minutes ago, Ragest said:

N'importe lequel.

S'il est vrai que nous changeons le royaume en Ulgu, je les attends, DoK et Lumineth ayant plus d'importance

It would make sense to me that if we move into the Shadow Realm in V4, the Aelves of Malerion and the latter could arise during this edition. But if that's our wish, I think the Lore should be exploited more at the same time before they end up giving/showing us a concrete concept.

To be fair what IDK lacks? They have small roster but it  looks fairly complete. Just rule wise they could give them adjustments so they dont depend on high tide too much. Dont get me wrong I would like see more units and there is a lot of design space but some armies need update or new kits more then them.

Edited by Aleser
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Lol imagine after all the rumours and nudges toward kurnothi we just end up with some insects or terrain.

Kurnothi are the new 'bretonnian stormcast'. Expectations of the community miles away from the reality.

I mean, expectations for Kurnothi were set with Skaeths Wild Hunt all the way back in 2019. And reinforced with the release of Cursed City in 2021. These are real miniatures GW has released and continued teasing Bestial wood elves as a real thing for four years now. If they continue to disappoint with Sylvaneth releases that's on GW more than the community.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1