The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Flippy said:

I, for one, refuse to acknowledge this. Nobody wants to play Orruk Warclans, people are pulled in either by Ironjawz or Kruleboyz (or this third, almost extinct flavour). With so many new kits for IJ it's either Vanguard or Battleforce, at the very least. 

I actually like Big Waaagh most of all the options. My next project is actually a Big Waaagh army. I want to run a combo of Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz. The new Brute Wrekkaz fit in perfectly. I am a collector first and gamer second. So i prefer running mixed lists. Same with Gloomspite Gitz, dont want to just focus on 1 subfaction.

I understand the point your trying to make, but there are people that enjoy Big Waaagh too.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

On the subject of Orruk Warclans, and putting on the "full speculation hat" (may or may not includ tinfoil), the feeling with

• The "Orruk Warclans" vanguard box being ready to be repackaged as Kruleboyz vanguard box.
  • The number of Ironjawz warscrolls now being sufficient for a full battletome
  • Bonesplitterz being largely ignored in rules, narrative, and releases

is that we are ready to see separate battletomes for IJ and KB in 4th, with a sad farewell to Bonesplitterz

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Greene said:

2.The Queen, Varanguards talk about.

a queen? mentioned by Archaon's chosen?!? who do we think she is?

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The army painter looks so good. Can't believe TWW still doesn't have one after all these years.

it was never the kind of game Total War is, on top of (Im)mortal Empires already being a MASSIVE effort to maintain. army painters do best in straight RTS games where you're actually looking at your units and don't need to juggle an entire campaign map. changing your colors could also end up being confusing since you're often at war with 3 different factions at once.

I absolutely adored that story. You truly feel sorry for Trugg the poor bloke just wants to sleep and his pounding migraine wont let him. A tragic character for Destruction.

Meanwhile we are definitely seeing Skaven being set up as the big bad for 4.0. What are they building on the Nexus Sites!?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I absolutely adored that story. You truly feel sorry for Trugg the poor bloke just wants to sleep and his pounding migraine wont let him. A tragic character for Destruction.

Meanwhile we are definitely seeing Skaven being set up as the big bad for 4.0. What are they building on the Nexus Sites!?

Something that's going to help them break into Azyr. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

4th Editions Narrative Campaign may very well end with the Gates being broken open!!

For all the hopes and dreams of Warhammer Weekly, I really don't think Azyr will be breached any time soon, not before the "Age of Sigmar: End Times (this Time for real)" campaign

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

For all the hopes and dreams of Warhammer Weekly, I really don't think Azyr will be breached any time soon, not before the "Age of Sigmar: End Times (this Time for real)" campaign

yeah big reminder that Chaos is supposed to have the majority of the Realms still... it wouldn't make sense to break into Azyr yet. if Destruction is all about fighting the biggest and baddest, tbh it makes more sense for them to also go for the Eightpoints / Ghurian strongholds.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

it was never the kind of game Total War is, on top of (Im)mortal Empires already being a MASSIVE effort to maintain. army painters do best in straight RTS games where you're actually looking at your units and don't need to juggle an entire campaign map. changing your colors could also end up being confusing since you're often at war with 3 different factions at once.

Shogun II had an army painter in the Avatar Conquest mode, you could create your own custom clan and go and unify Japan on the campaign map. TWW is the perfect title to reintroduce that feature, since you know, Warhammer is an artistic hobby.

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah big reminder that Chaos is supposed to have the majority of the Realms still... it wouldn't make sense to break into Azyr yet. if Destruction is all about fighting the biggest and baddest, tbh it makes more sense for them to also go for the Eightpoints / Ghurian strongholds.

I meant Skaven to breach the walls, Destruction doesnt care about puny Azyr, except Gordrakk who wants to krump Sigmar and Brodd wants revenge on the Celestant Prime for putting his father down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Shogun II had an army painter in the Avatar Conquest mode, you could create your own custom clan and go and unify Japan on the campaign map. TWW is the perfect title to reintroduce that feature, since you know, Warhammer is an artistic hobby.

ya know that's probably my least-played one since it couldn't have much unit diversity... so I never touched the multiplayer! I guess it was an experiment CA never followed up on.

5 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Anyone else just seen the KO army of renown leaks in THWG stream? 

Thunderers can fire twice in every phase, (so yeah that means two lots of unleash hell), and can catch a ride on the gunhauler. There's 4+ rallies/rezzing boats and 5+ wards.

Hoping that troggs, pigs and sons all have broken rules too xD

That... can't be right, surely? Baffling design choices from GW are nothing new though I suppose 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

That... can't be right, surely? Baffling design choices from GW are nothing new though I suppose 🤦‍♂️

It's just like with the original Votann rules. GW bring out rules which accurately represent Dwarven superiority. Everyone else moans they are OP and GW nerfs the Dwarves again!

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 6
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, El Syf said:

okay this actually looks quite good! Don’t have anything current enough to play it on but hey. :)

I played the beta and I find it a bit rough. Is not my kind of game neither, but hopefully we get more and more games. A Total War would be sunch a big marketing tool...

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Didn't they also got a bit of action on the CoS battletome? Didn't read it myself, my two boxes were shipped today, but someone from my CoS groups mentioned they attacked a city and did quite a chunk of damage.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marcvs said:

On the subject of Orruk Warclans, and putting on the "full speculation hat" (may or may not includ tinfoil), the feeling with

• The "Orruk Warclans" vanguard box being ready to be repackaged as Kruleboyz vanguard box.
  • The number of Ironjawz warscrolls now being sufficient for a full battletome
  • Bonesplitterz being largely ignored in rules, narrative, and releases

is that we are ready to see separate battletomes for IJ and KB in 4th, with a sad farewell to Bonesplitterz

I feel like GW shouldn't do that, but then they did just kinda semi-squat some Cities of Sigmar units do I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that's they would squat Bonesplittaz. I think it's a bad move on their part: the correct time to squat Old World stuff was sometime in first edition.

• Like 3