The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

But why reunificate under that guy instead of Morathi?

This really depends on whether you decide to take the WFB into account. He was the Witch King after all. But even in AoS - my perception is that Morathi is a second-tier god and Malerion is the real Druchii Chad, just waiting to be unleashed. 

IMO, it would be a really bad look for GW to take their single mainly woman focused faction in AoS, which has been getting lore and expansions for 3 editions and whose leader just recently finally became a major godess after 5+ years of buildup, only to merge it with a new faction and have it be led not by her, but by a relatively unimportant to AoS god who she is most definitely not on good terms with.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

But why reunificate under that guy instead of Morathi?

No need of reunification. 2 diferent battle-traits.

We already have Seraphons (with Starborne and Coaliesced) and SCE (with Scions of the Storm and Watchful Guardians) that already do that. 

Attach each god to one of this battle-traits and you are ready to go.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

No need of reunification. 2 diferent battle-traits.

We already have Seraphons (with Starborne and Coaliesced) and SCE (with Scions of the Storm and Watchful Guardians) that already do that. 

Attach each god to one of this battle-traits and you are ready to go.

Or just make it a separate army before we get another Orruk Warclans situation

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

This really depends on whether you decide to take the WFB into account. He was the Witch King after all. But even in AoS - my perception is that Morathi is a second-tier god and Malerion is the real Druchii Chad, just waiting to be unleashed. 

I really don't think taking wfb too much in account is worthwhile. If he's a leader in the book (and model) but Morathi stays the face, that would be better than another male led faction on the heap.

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

The "Seraphon approach" is something else. You can use the same set of minis as two distinctly different forces and I really like this idea for the Dark Elves - having the Blood (Morathi) and Shadow (Malerion) version of the unified force.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Imo they would be reunited so they have initially a decent number of units and maybe later on splitted, but I think all WHF DoK/ Dark elves units would be phased out, hence why the merge.

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Designer interview about the new Ironjawz. Some fun tidbits in there. 

I liked this bit about Ardboys in particular:

We had this idea that they’d form up against a charging monster like a regular shield wall… and then still lunge forward before receiving the charge. They’re orruks, they just can’t help themselves! 

Really love their new sculpts, I never would've fielded the old sculpts because they looked out of place to me, but the new ones make me want to start playing Ironjawz again.

Edited by Gareth 🍄

19 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

Morathi and Malerion are more akin to Teclis and Tyrion than swamp dwelling Kruleboyz to heavy armored Ironjaws. 

It might definitely lead to a heavily diluted identity for DoK though, especially if Malerion is just shoved in there.

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

October : Full release Cities of Sigmar

November : Dawbringers book 3 with rumored Fyreslayers and Kurnothi (mini) waves

image.png.5a65f5cd12a83b41dee3b82fd45479

Awesome! Forgot they did an updated roadmap and my brain just says Cities is out now 🤣 (doesn’t help there are loads on eBay at moment).

Winter sounds like it will be fun too

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cyrus said:

October : Full release Cities of Sigmar

November : Dawbringers book 3 with rumored Fyreslayers and Kurnothi (mini) waves

image.png.5a65f5cd12a83b41dee3b82fd45479

Wait where does that "FS mini wave rumour" comes from ? Kurnothi we know because Whitefang, but FS ? Apart from vague Whitefang reacts that FS where somewhere in the pipeline. Elarin or WF said some things about FS recently that I don't know about ?

14 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Wait where does that "FS mini wave rumour" comes from ? Kurnothi we know because Whitefang, but FS ? Apart from vague Whitefang reacts that FS where somewhere in the pipeline. Elarin or WF said some things about FS recently that I don't know about ?

I thought it was the harbinger thing, the grimhold exile being one of them. The other reason is that FS are one of the 1st edition mini factions, and with FEC getting some kind of update, and rumours of Slyvaneth getting something as well. 

Part of me is sceptical about getting more Fyreslayers (sans the Warcry team) before 4.0 by virtue of the Grimhold Exile being in Book 1, but then I remembered Trugg is technically a Gloomspite model and they already got the Rabble-rowza in Book 1, so I guess anything's possible.

Considering one of the Crusades is in Aqshy there's as good an excuse to add them now as ever.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

image.jpeg.565c68ade71a72ad35be2cb159feb6aa.jpeg
the one in the back seemed like a different (smaller) model due to an photoshop fail ^^

Ironjawz are a complete faction finally and it looks great!

Seperate note. Any news on Sons of Velmorn being released? I've paused my cursed city campaign until I've got a couple of boxes of these!

• Like 1

Just now, CDM said:

Ironjawz are a complete faction finally and it looks great!

Seperate note. Any news on Sons of Velmorn being released? I've paused my cursed city campaign until I've got a couple of boxes of these!

With Harrowdeep they just reboxed the starter set teams without the rulebook and boards for a bit cheaper, so there's no guarantee they'll get a standalone release. Either way, they'll probably land whenever Deathgorge goes up for pre-order.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Part of me is sceptical about getting more Fyreslayers (sans the Warcry team) before 4.0 by virtue of the Grimhold Exile being in Book 1, but then I remembered Trugg is technically a Gloomspite model and they already got the Rabble-rowza in Book 1, so I guess anything's possible.

Considering one of the Crusades is in Aqshy there's as good an excuse to add them now as ever.

Yes makes sense if there is a crusade in Aqshy then fyreslayers would be involved heavily just like a crusade in ghyran would bring in the Sylvaneth/Kurnothi. Both would be good narrative reasons to release new models. 

• Like 5