The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

The kroxigor glow up would like to have a word with you… 😃

Tbh the old kroxies werent bad at all, just pricey and resin. The old Gorger was just plain hideous even for something thats meant to be a troglodyte cannibal. Im not an Ogre player and Lizardmen were my first ever fantasy race and I can agree with our highness Brodd that its an amazing glow up. Honestly they might look out of place in a Mawtribe army with them being the only models that have any form of pose haha!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Oh no, now I want to add an Ironjawz contingent to my small Warclans army to go with/against my Cities.

But should they be yellow? Greywater is yellow, my Kruleboyz are yellow, my Gitz are black with yellow, maybe I should finally consider another main colour...

maybe the IJz stole the yellow paint/dye from raided CoS caravans?!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

In REALLY old WH Fantasy Roleplay lore I think both were created by the Old Ones, after Elves, Dwarves and Men, specifically to be resistant to Chaos, but Halflings weren't properly finished before the Old One's civilization collapsed, which was why they were still small and weak.

Halflings were finished. Ogres weren't.

Those plastic Gorgers are not only a very welcome upgrade to a finecast model that has aged very poorly, but also a very interesting addition to the Mawtribes range. What did GW mean by upgrading specifically Gorgers now, when Mawtribes only got 2 characters in 8 years of AoS ? Especially now. Is this hiding something bigger ? This definitely seems a little bit "sus" to me.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Does someone have the skills to edit Trugg without the beard?

If no one does I will for ya after work. 

I'm already planning on/if/how to "fix" him. 

I wonder how big the giant cave squig is compared to his head. 🤔 It would make a nie base to start with. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

If no one does I will for ya after work. 

I'm already planning on/if/how to "fix" him. 

I wonder how big the giant cave squig is compared to his head. 🤔 It would make a nie base to start with. 

Are those deceased skellies a good reference for working out his size?

Just reporting in to congratulate TGA on the new Ironjawz, Gorgors, and other goodies. Nothing for me this time around, but after an epic Adepticon (Tyranids AND Seraphon), I've had my fill for a long time. But legitimately thought of you guys when I woke up to the reveals today. Here's to some more cool models for all to enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Those plastic Gorgers are not only a very welcome upgrade to a finecast model that has aged very poorly, but also a very interesting addition to the Mawtribes range. What did GW mean by upgrading specifically Gorgers now, when Mawtribes only got 2 characters in 8 years of AoS ? Especially now. Is this hiding something bigger ? This definitely seems a little bit "sus" to me.

Aww mate this is the exact scenario that preluded Seraphons refresh. I believe 4.0 is going to have an Ogor refresh and possibly Kruelboyz Wave 2 as thats all the Alliance is missing at this point!!*

*Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang as well of course.

• Like 2

Finally had some time to gather my thoughts from such a hectic day.

Hands down my favourite show yet, yes even better than Brodd as there were multiple systems that hit all the notes, even The Old World which I couldnt care less for because @Neverchosen can finally get that Unicorn!!

With this Wave Ironjawz feels like a properly signed, sealed and delivered Faction. I think this bodes well for AOS 1.0 Factions and I have no doubt that Fyreslayers will one day get thw same treatment. A new Monster and 3 new diverse units would push that Faction in so many new directions.

The Gorgers are perfect and feel like the heralds of an Ogor refresh in 4.0 and the Troggoth is so 'AOS' its perfect and Ill be grabbing that Herd box.

So many REs solved today as well.

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 3