The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Model is great imo, except the face. This is one of the worst female faces we've seen in a while I think. They don't even read as non conventionally attractive women to me, like the chaos lord we had a while back, both of the faces just look really manly to me. The helmetted one looks like a hockey player, who may have taken a few hits to the face over the years, and the unhelmetted one looks like an old man.

The hair being the same shape as the helmet is pretty silly though.

While I agree that the helmeted head is a bit androgynous, the unhelmeted head definitely looks like what I'd imagine for "old school female principal vampire with weird vampire hair".

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

While I agree that the helmeted head is a bit androgynous, the unhelmeted head definitely looks like what I'd imagine for "old school female principal vampire with weird vampire hair".

I don't even see it as androgynous, I just can't get the image of a hockey player out of my mind. The upper mouth looks really pronounced, like they have a mouth guard in, the helmet blocks the view of the cheeks, and if you consider if she fills out the helmet it makes it seem like she a has a very large and strong jaw, and it almost looks like she's missing a couple teeth.

6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.1760affc0031a55a0f649532cd9e39fb.jpeg

Ok, I love everything about the new vampire…. Except her face! Seriously I love that GW has been going for a whole “universal monsters turned up to 11” look for their undead factions, but this not-bride of Frankenstein just does not look good. I’ll probably slap on one of those face masks the tomb guard kit comes with (when it’s rereleased) or a blood knight head, but I will not use that goofy un helmeted piece on anything. 

The Guardsmen of course, looks amazing, then again it’s real hard to mess up the Imperial Guard.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I can’t unsee this…..

already taken by the Shardspeaker 😂

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Hedonites-Of-Slaanesh-Shardspeaker-Of-Slaanesh-2020

also LOVING the new vampire. the helmet version i agree looks androgynous for making it Your Own, and the full face looks pretty much how I would imagine a centuries-old vampire warrior-noble.

the armor fits with Blood Knights it looks like, and i'd be surprised if this didn't precede new grave guard

• Like 3

23 hours ago, cyrus said:

But 100€  ( web direct) for 5 miniatures from the starter set  was absolutely dumb ! 

It's so incredibly greedy isn't it. They could have sold that sprue for £40 and it still works have been overpriced, but at least it would have been more reasonable.

I don't it'll go away entirely however. Unless GW are planning on releasing the Murknob and the Great Gnash Toof separately. Having rules without miniatures is something GW really don't like doing these days (after the court case a while back basically said third party companies can produce miniatures for GW IP stuff if there are rules but no GW miniatures).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I am not liking that one bit... looks like you'll need to be there in the first 30 secs to grab your box. It's going to be the most extreme shotgun I have ever seen.

image.png.81f0e5e76313630c5f787b6b6097ea45.png

Edit : do I lose my place in the queue if I refresh the page ?

Don't refresh the page but you can open another window. Also don't worry about the queue. It has always made it easier to successfully complete your order. I really don't think the box will sell out that fast. The Seraphon refresh seemed like it would be very popular before launch but the box set didn't sell out for several days. I would be surprised if this box sold out today. 

16 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I am not liking that one bit... looks like you'll need to be there in the first 30 secs to grab your box. It's going to be the most extreme shotgun I have ever seen.

image.png.81f0e5e76313630c5f787b6b6097ea45.png

Edit : do I lose my place in the queue if I refresh the page ?

What’s the point of buying directly from GW? Do you get any benefits? I’ve never ordered from them.

9 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Why not just order it from a dozen different online retailers that don't have queues, have stock and offer 20% off? 

Looked into it, realised that even with the shipping fees it was cheaper, so went to a known retailer and saved 10 bucks 🙂

Also btw the army set is still available on the GW store. I wonder how much they printed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Looked into it, realised that even with the shipping fees it was cheaper, so went to a known retailer and saved 10 bucks 🙂

Also btw the army set is still available on the GW store. I wonder how much they printed. 

The only products that have had problems recently are the kill team boxes and the black library hard covers. There was no repeat of the Indomitus situation with Leviathan. The lancer sold out but not in the first day, I think. As far as I'm aware not a single AoS army box has sold out day one.