The Rumour Thread

Maybe they release the warcry warbands sooner too?

they don’t really have much else to release on the docket on this point in time and the CoS boxset has higher chance of being delayed then being release early if it’s internal problems because it’s a bigger release.

heck Epic may even be push into the date when old world was suppose to be release and that be push back into next year.

10 minutes ago, Draznak said:

This delay announcement makes it understandable why Underworlds skavens are being released next week instead of autumn, and why august collectible coin (which probably should have been Legion Imperialis) has still not been announced on WarCo.

So it seems that the change of warehouses is still causing GW logistical problems... I'm starting to worry about COS army set.

I think I saw the Legion Imperiales coin already. I am not fully sure where I saw it or how that user got it.

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think I saw the Legion Imperiales coin already. I am not fully sure where I saw it or how that user got it.

22 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Hasn't there been that Azyr coin floating around too?

I posted this on monday with all the coins that have not yet been released and that have been leaked on ebay :

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/22826-the-rumour-thread/?do=findComment&comment=625559

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Apparently the delay for 30k epic is because of an embarrassing error printed in the rulebook so they've had to reprint.

An embarrassing error in this case using a real world quote from a real world historical regime that might be a lil' bit yikes.

Wow. It would be interesting to see the quote. Is it really something that big to reprint it all?

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

Apparently the delay for 30k epic is because of an embarrassing error printed in the rulebook so they've had to reprint.

An embarrassing error in this case using a real world quote from a real world historical regime that might be a lil' bit yikes.

Is this from Bolter&Chainsword ? I read about it there.

The reason seems a bit too extravagant to me... Without more proof, I'm sticking with logistical mess hypothesis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Tbh it sounds like the kind of thing that's really easy for someone on 4chan or a random discord to just make up.

Particularly given we already know about GW's crippling supply and logistical issues.

Thats some big leaks. GW has to respond to this very soon. 

Cannon looks like a diorama, so much going on. I think its a blast to paint it and will look great on a table. Also like the War Surgeon and Soul Shepherd, very flavourfull.

Edited by Gitzdee

Looks like these Arch-Knights are some sort of elite then. Not ogres but cool! The pontifex is interesting, looks like there's one special character and maybe a generic version, a sort of update to the old Bretonnian Grail Reliquae?

Also I don't think anyone was expecting this release to be quite so heavy on characters

• Marshal
  • Grand Herald
  • Alchemite Warforger
  • Soul Shepherd
  • War Surgeon
  • Whisperblade

That's not a bad thing, mind, given we also have a wide suite of distinct units as well, but I'd expected for there only to be the Marshal, Warforger, and maybe a banner bearer. These are all very cool, characterful sculpts.

Also it's only just struck me but beyond Mordheim, Terry Pratchett, and the works of Hieronymous Bosch, the really strong influence here is Darkest Dungeon. All these characters could be straight out of those games.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

That's a wonderfully eclectic bunch of characters, exactly what I hoped for from cities. And the mascot thingy is adorable. Not sure I love the cannon, might be the angle, but the shield things make it a bit too busy for me, so much that before reading the name I didn't know it was a cannon. Also, I really want higher quality shots now, cause I wanna se the creature that is with the soul sheperd. Overall love it though, just one or two more infantry units and it's be a very good, complete range that I'll most likely buy into at some point.

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Looks like these Arch-Knights are some sort of elite then. Not ogres but cool!

I fear that Arch-Knight is also a character :( Why would they show so much options for a single miniature and on the page where all others are characters.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What a surprise just before going to bed !

If there are no other leaks, I'm a little disappointed not to see an elite infantry unit, but perhaps this sublime arch-kight foreshadows something in the future...
I was also expecting something bigger for cannon and especially reliquary/throne. The result is a "medium-sized" character.
Ironweld cannon is cool, in same vein as freeguild fusiliers. I'm waiting to see a photo of it from another angle, it looks like it has some sort of winch on top.
As for the sort of command squad... I can see now the parallel with Astra Militarum. So characterful and a goldmine to be reused in so many games !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sarges said:

I fear that Arch-Knight is also a character :( Why would they show so much options for a single miniature and on the page where all others are characters.

I was wondering that myself... The legs seemed different at first glance but now I'm not sure.

What makes the idea that this is a unit more convincing to me is the fact that there are so many options, tbh. 3 different heads, 2 different weapon heads, 2 distinct sets of pauldron spikes, 2 distinct tilting shields (which actually might be oversized ornamental Dawnbringer coins?!). GW hasn't done a character with that many options in years.

I think it's a unit with a range of options and the two shown here use the same core body piece.

Edited by sandlemad

6 minutes ago, Sarges said:

The sculpts of the two Arch-Knight looks very different, don't seem to share a single pose. 

I really hope they're a unit, they would make this release a 10/10 for me.

Beautiful sculpts. Really surprised by no War Altar though. 

Damn those characters are cool AF.

No Duardin crew for the cannon, which is a pity.

Love everything there though, especially the Arch-Knight - hopefully we get a full unit and the leaks haven't revealed everything. Be a shame if he's just a bodyguard. 

Interesting that a lot of them have pretty sensible names too, not as much Copyrightus Latinarum as I'd come to expect.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The sculpts of the two Arch-Knight looks very different, don't seem to share a single pose. 

That's the same pose but at a different angle, look at the sign and paper on it. Only differences I see are shoulderpad tops, helmets and hands with weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The pontifex is interesting, looks like there's one special character and maybe a generic version, a sort of update to the old Bretonnian Grail Reliquae?

At first I thought the skeleton was an alternative build of the pontifex, but it's not. I have the impression that GW are moving away from dual kits for special characters.

• Like 1