The Rumour Thread

The Agastus kits

LotR diorama

Blood Bowl star players

Horus Heresy Knights

Skaven Underworlds

Epic + terrain + kits

Other items could be the last Kill Team warbands, terrain for Kill Team and Warcry

I think all these items are plausible to be released before the 40k month starts again

• LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The Agastus kits

LotR diorama

Blood Bowl star players

Horus Heresy Knights

Skaven Underworlds

Epic + terrain + kits

Other items could be the last Kill Team warbands, terrain for Kill Team and Warcry

I think all these items are plausible to be released before the 40k month starts again

The Skaven warband is due in autumn according the Warhammer fest roadmap. The lotr diorama and star players are resin kits that have a separate schedule. 

If not for the cities leak, I'd expect the  Horus knight next  followed by epic, possibly with a two week pre-order followed by the cities box with maybe a 40k release like the random marine kits coming first. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The Skaven warband is due in autumn according the Warhammer fest roadmap. The lotr diorama and star players are resin kits that have a separate schedule. 

If not for the cities leak, I'd expect the  Horus knight next  followed by epic, possibly with a two week pre-order followed by the cities box with maybe a 40k release like the random marine kits coming first. 

They usually use one week each month during July-August period to have a low volume of releases.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I'm definitely at the point where the wait for news has become a touch frustrating. The gap between reveal and release for cities has been almost as long as it was for sisters and we've had about half the number of articles. There hasn't been a single lore article yet. They could easily have done one for each of the cities. I'm ready to see a contents page and even a blurry pic or two though I normally don't like leaks. 

What if next saturday is both armyset preorder and special preview for the rest of Cities ???

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 7/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, Nazarjo said:

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm definitely at the point where the wait for news has become a touch frustrating. The gap between reveal and release for cities has been almost as long as it was for sisters and we've had about half the number of articles. There hasn't been a single lore article yet. They could easily have done one for each of the cities. I'm ready to see a contents page and even a blurry pic or two though I normally don't like leaks. 

It's been a tad frustrating. It should of been a big reveal event similar to the Tyranid and the upcoming space marine one. Some lore would be nice to know some details, I know we'll get a good understanding from the harbingers books which are tied to this release. Some info on the different cities and what their crossed are doing would be good. Either way I'm buying the battletome but it's a shame warcom hasnt championed this release a little more

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CDM said:

It's been a tad frustrating. It should of been a big reveal event similar to the Tyranid and the upcoming space marine one. Some lore would be nice to know some details, I know we'll get a good understanding from the harbingers books which are tied to this release. Some info on the different cities and what their crossed are doing would be good. Either way I'm buying the battletome but it's a shame warcom hasnt championed this release a little more

We'll get more lore closer to the actual release in the autumn. 

Cities has had more articles and build up than most AoS armies, people are just impatient to know more, which I can understand. 

I would also argue they've done their job  as you're going to be buying the battletome. 

• Like 1

The updated list, another previsible week:

Spoiler

Necromunda
Squat prospector

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Vanguard
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers + Doggies
Cities Armybox
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Scenary outside
2 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)
Krule Monsta-hunta
Cities Doggy Hunters

Underworlds
Skaven Pestilens + Rivals deck
Starter Set Again?!
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Plastic Lancer
Two more Cerastus type Knights
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought
Champion

Warhammer 40k
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Marines from Agastus
Deathleaper
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Votann + Beastmen warbands + scenary outside

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Fatty Nurgle Star
Ivan the bones

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support box (Deredeo, Leviathan, Tarantula & Rapier)
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
New terrain

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Just Pestilens Underworlds next week. Plus a new Rivals Deck.

That's rather disappointing, I'd imagined that the recent leaks of the box would have somehow accelerated its release. On the other hand  we are getting more time for rule leaks to happen, which will help evaluating the content of the box and deciding if the army itself is worth collecting for gameplay purposes. 

1 minute ago, Sigmarusvult said:

That's rather disappointing, I'd imagined that the recent leaks of the box would have somehow accelerated its release. On the other hand  we are getting more time for rule leaks to happen, which will help evaluating the content of the box and deciding if the army itself is worth collecting for gameplay purposes. 

I think the release schedule is very much locked in at this point. Slaves To Darkness leaked... four-five months before the release of the Army Set?

But any leaks could accelerate the anti-potato cam turn around of WarCom articles. 

• Like 1

I find it rather strange that there are people confused by the concept of not liking potato-cam pics from people breaking NDAs. I know that GW is a large company but some seem to forget that it is a company made up of people. Dozens of artists, sculptors, painters and designers will have worked on a project like this for weeks, months, or even years.

As a designer myself I would be incredibly disappointed to see a product that I and others had poured their heart and soul into be leaked online by someone breaking an NDA. The stuff is coming. I understand people are excited and want to see more, but patience is a virtue and being confused by someone wanting to see the reveals how the designers and company had originally planned is... well, confusing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

We'll get more lore closer to the actual release in the autumn. 

Cities has had more articles and build up than most AoS armies, people are just impatient to know more, which I can understand. 

I would also argue they've done their job  as you're going to be buying the battletome. 

Nah that be slaves to darkness 

even that bloody LRL dual release have had more marketing push then this lol

• Like 1

Skabbik's Plaguepack is now coming out in August, whereas the Underworlds roadmap indicated this autumn? And also the new rival deck wasn't even announced :

Spoiler

SIboZps2EyXCO64F-1600x900.jpg

Is it just me, or does this release show that roadmaps can't be trusted (or that GW couldn't care less about side games like Underworlds) ?

• Like 1

I mean expecting the city boxset release now was probably a dumb assertion when they haven’t even officially reveal everything, even if it leaked it not going to be release any faster 

I am pretty sure HH Epic is going to release first because they ramp up the marketing over the last few weeks

1 minute ago, Draznak said:

Skabbik's Plaguepack is now coming out in August, whereas the Underworlds roadmap indicated this autumn? And also the new rival deck wasn't even announced :

Reveal hidden contents

SIboZps2EyXCO64F-1600x900.jpg

Is it just me, or does this release show that roadmaps can't be trusted (or that GW couldn't care less about side games like Underworlds) ?

Side game release are probably the easiest thing to move around their schedule I am guessing. Or at least small releases like underworld warbands