The Rumour Thread

Thats a lot to unpack after a short car ride. Happy for more FEC models. And more CoS to look forward too. Good stuff.

The RE looks very Death faction in design too. Destruction is less gruesome, they just want to smash and keep bones as a trophy, not a living undead vampire skeleton on a stick (is that right?) for fun or to mock CoS. 

Edit: it also reminds me of the black coach a bit having the vampire mummy in the casket controlling the coach etc.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

RumourEngine Jul11 Content

that's so mean - The Vamp isn't even truly dead if his heart is still intact (also one can see the eyes)

Well if it is a Flesh Eater, it could easily be an injured noble lord being carried gently to the tournament field to witness a friendly jousting match... when the reality is much. much more disturbing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

You guys know what’s funny about the new city of sigmar models?

They would probably fit incredible wel into the old world as like an bretonnian army that found out how powerful blackpowder weapon can be, in a strategic way

Yeah... Bretonnians who "found Sigmar" is the way I've been thinking about them for awhile now. Combined with some real David-Ghallagher-let-loose vibes.

Spoiler

College-of-Engineers-Empire-(Wh-FB)-Warh

College-of-Engineers-Empire-(Wh-FB)-Warh

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5

4 hours ago, Draznak said:

Although these fusiliers are a wonderful addition (I wasn't expecting much from them, but in the end I think they're even better than the steelhelms !), I think the final number of new kits will be a bit disappointing, from my point of view.

With such an early announcement last year and the emphasis on a big refresh, I was expecting at least 11/12 new kits (like LOV or Astra Militarum last year).

But if all that's left is the altar/reliquary and the cannon teased by @Whitefang, in the end there will be 'only' 9 kits. To follow on from this, AoS Facebook CM wrote this yesterday :

I'm still hoping for 2/3 more (including elite infantry) but I'm pessimistic about that (which doesn't detract from the quality of new minis !).

For duardins, I think we'll have a new mini with the cannon.

There are 13-14 old human kits in the current range, across 20 warscrolls, and the new cities book has exactly the same number of warscrolls.

• Battlemage - Replaced with Alchemite Warforger
  • Griffon - Replaced by Tahlia? who might have a generic version to cover the other warscroll
    • Battlemage on Griffon
    • General on Griffon
  • Celestial Hurricanum - might dodge a replacement, but there might be a dual replacement that can build as a "new" huricanum or a shrine of some sort? So holy or Magic?
    • With battlemage
    • Luminark with battlemage
    • Without battlemage
    • Luminark of Hysh
  • Freeguild General - Replaced with Freeguild Marshal
  • Steam Tank - might dodge a replacement
    • With commander
    • without commander
  • Freeguild Handgunners - replaced by Fusiliers, who don't look like a dual kit, so the warhulk fills in for the crossbowmen
    • Crossbowmen - Squatted for warhulk
    • Handgunners - replaced by Fusiliers
  • Freeguild Guard - Replaced by Steelhelms
  • Helblaster Volley Gun - Needs a replacement
    • Helstorm Rocket battery
    • Helbaster Volley Gun
  • Demigryph Knights - will probably get replaced
  • Flagellants - Will probably get replaced, but this kit is pretty cool IMO
  • Freeguild Greatswords - Needs a replacement
  • Freeguild Outriders - Replaced by Freeguild Cavaliers? but its a dual kit so there's a hole
    • Outriders -Replaced by Cavaliers
    • Pistoliers - need something to fill the hole

So based on my Estimation, we NEED 4 more scrolls to replace pistoliers, greatswords, and the empire artillery, which is definitely 3 more kits at least. There's a good chance demigryphs and flagellants are out too, which is another 2 scrolls. So there's probably 4-6 more model kits we haven't seen yet, with a possibility of up to 8 if luminark and steam tank also get updates.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

that's so mean - The Vamp isn't even truly dead if his heart is still intact (also one can see the eyes)

Looks death, but I could see it in destruction, maybe bonesplitterz?

Edited by Ganigumo

2 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

There are 13-14 old human kits in the current range, across 20 warscrolls, and the new cities book has exactly the same number of warscrolls.

• Battlemage - Replaced with Alchemite Warforger
  • Griffon - Replaced by Tahlia? who might have a generic version to cover the other warscroll
    • Battlemage on Griffon
    • General on Griffon
  • Celestial Hurricanum - might dodge a replacement, but there might be a dual replacement that can build as a "new" huricanum or a shrine of some sort? So holy or Magic?
    • With battlemage
    • Luminark with battlemage
    • Without battlemage
    • Luminark of Hysh
  • Freeguild General - Replaced with Freeguild Marshal
  • Steam Tank - might dodge a replacement
    • With commander
    • without commander
  • Freeguild Handgunners - replaced by Fusiliers, who don't look like a dual kit, so the warhulk fills in for the crossbowmen
    • Crossbowmen - Squatted for warhulk
    • Handgunners - replaced by Fusiliers
  • Freeguild Guard - Replaced by Steelhelms
  • Helblaster Volley Gun - Needs a replacement
    • Helstorm Rocket battery
    • Helbaster Volley Gun
  • Demigryph Knights - will probably get replaced
  • Flagellants - Will probably get replaced, but this kit is pretty cool IMO
  • Freeguild Greatswords - Needs a replacement
  • Freeguild Outriders - Replaced by Freeguild Cavaliers? but its a dual kit so there's a hole
    • Outriders -Replaced by Cavaliers
    • Pistoliers - need something to fill the hole

So based on my Estimation, we NEED 4 more scrolls to replace pistoliers, greatswords, and the empire artillery, which is definitely 3 more kits at least. There's a good chance demigryphs and flagellants are out too, which is another 2 scrolls. So there's probably 4-6 more model kits we haven't seen yet, with a possibility of up to 8 if luminark and steam tank also get updates.

Looks death, but I could see it in destruction, maybe bonesplitterz?

I feel like we shouldn't expect 100% replacements of Empire kits in CoS, because CoS aren't copy pasted Empire (or what is left of the Empire range on the website in 2023) in the Mortal Realms : they're something much different and unique. That's why this approach of "X Cities kit is the logical AoS evolution of Y Empire kit" is a bit strange to me. There's definitely kits that draw inspiration from Empire units (for example, GW explicitely said the Cavaliers are the spiritual successors of the Reiksgard) but there's also some brand new stuff. Like the Ogor Warlhuk never existed in the Empire. 

And Whitefang said the wizards should be safe. The different winds of magic can represent realm wizards now.

• Like 4

I know this is a little arbitrary but I am holding out so much hope that the artillery has an integrated crew to help emphasize the various types of fantasy races in the Cities range. Having a Duardin crew member and a human and Aelf head option for the other crew member(s) would just be so great. 

I feel like we will get just human or duardin crew and that is what I am expecting but it would just make me so excited to see better integration of such a cool and key element of why I love the cities of Sigmar!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder if the big 2 handed Axe is a Cities Ogor then? I agree with someone on Reddit who posted they thought it was perspective but look at the skull in the hilt. Its tiny compared to the hands. This looks like another Ogor Hero/Mini!!

20230711_135010.jpg

I want to believe. Would probably need to check against other renders to see how they’ve handled perspective but I like this thinking re: the skull. 

Granted, it might be sculpture or not a real skull but tbh that scar and the general Freeguild vibes make me think it’s a relic and this actual/proportional human skull size.

If it were some sort of hardass veteran cadre, I wouldn’t be too put out mind, just a bit disappointed.

No spoilers, but after having read dawnbringers it's fairly clear that some new models will come.

Fyreslayers finally play a bigger and more impactful role this book, but I don't think it'll lead to any new models this edition unfortunately. Next edition might finally be the time for the Sons (and hopefully, finally, Daughters) of Grimnir to shine!

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snarff said:

No spoilers, but after having read dawnbringers it's fairly clear that some new models will come.

Fyreslayers finally play a bigger and more impactful role this book, but I don't think it'll lead to any new models this edition unfortunately. Next edition might finally be the time for the Sons (and hopefully, finally, Daughters) of Grimnir to shine!

Would you be willing to share some spoilers in a private message? Specifically any Death and Chaos stuff? 

On the other hand I’m glad to hear that Fyreslayers are playing a bigger role then just “Mercenaries/punching bags of death,” and hope for everyone’s sake that they finally get some new units.

17 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Would you be willing to share some spoilers in a private message? Specifically any Death and Chaos stuff? 

On the other hand I’m glad to hear that Fyreslayers are playing a bigger role then just “Mercenaries/punching bags of death,” and hope for everyone’s sake that they finally get some new units.

Most of it is in the Dawnbringers spoiler thread, I'd suggest looking there (and otherwise I'll send you a DM).

The Fyreslayer role still isn't much bigger than punching bags of death (though it is much bigger than Broken Realms where they were absent), but at least it's not just lodges and characters being invented then killed before the end of the book.

Still no spoilers, since these details were revealed weeks ago in the Dawnbringer chronicles on the website, but:

What is encouraging is that when Fjori is summing up names of Slayers killed during the destruction of Guzanhold, one name is distinctly female, and he mentions both his brothers and sisters.

Edited by Snarff
Removing possible spoilers. If Dawnbringers Chronicles on warcom are considered spoilers, I'll delete my entire comment
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

This is my favourite, and therefore, objectively the best rumour engine that's ever been conjured. 

Gives me some Witch Doctor/Warcraft Voodoo vibes. Gotta be a FeC and I LOVE IT!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Freeguild Greatswords - Needs a replacement

I remember when Cursed City was revealed, Adam Troke seemed to be teasing that Emelda Braskov might be foreshadowing a future unit and we've yet to see an 'elite infantry' replacement for Greatswords yet. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

57 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I feel like we shouldn't expect 100% replacements of Empire kits in CoS, because CoS aren't copy pasted Empire (or what is left of the Empire range on the website in 2023) in the Mortal Realms : they're something much different and unique. That's why this approach of "X Cities kit is the logical AoS evolution of Y Empire kit" is a bit strange to me. There's definitely kits that draw inspiration from Empire units (for example, GW explicitely said the Cavaliers are the spiritual successors of the Reiksgard) but there's also some brand new stuff. Like the Ogor Warlhuk never existed in the Empire. 

And Whitefang said the wizards should be safe. The different winds of magic can represent realm wizards now.

I'm not expecting 100% replacements, but there are just as many warscroll cards in the new book as there were for the old one (54). So from a warscroll perspective we should get about just as many as we lose, although the ven densts and the underworlds warbander were added after.
Doesn't mean they'll be 1-to-1 replacements, like maybe greatswords are succeeded by maneaters or something, but most if not all the empire stuff is getting scrapped and there needs to be something to fill for those warscrolls.

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I remember when Cursed City was revealed, Adam Troke seemed to be teasing that Emelda Braskov might be foreshadowing a future unit and we've yet to see an 'elite infantry' replacement for Greatswords yet. 

The lionesses of Edassa would be phenomenal, or maybe something inspired by them but less settled in a specific realm.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I remember this as well. I love Emelda and have took it as a given there will be an elite armoured infantry option that replaces greatswords. 

• Like 1

The two-handed weapon wielding elite is a classic Warhammer trope, and seeing that CoS likes to draw on that (but always with a twist) it's not that of a stretch ! 

6 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Edit: and iirc Whitefang said something about this refresh possible fully happening over a longer timespan, like 4-5 years to be fully done with everything, and that concepts that get removed from the model range may still stay in the background and eventually come back.

I didn't knew that rumour but that's huge if correct. After all, the transition of Cities from a dumping ground of old WFB minis to a fully fledged army would take time, and there's still the dwarfs and elves to take care off - I don't think GW plans on keeping these Old World minis in AoS forever. It's not as colossal a task as lets say the Eldar range refresh, but its definitely something you can do in 2 waves of minis. 

1 hour ago, CDM said:

I remember this as well. I love Emelda and have took it as a given there will be an elite armoured infantry option that replaces greatswords. 

Emelda is a great model. If she gets a unit with similar designs i might be getting some for Warcry. I also like the cavaliers a lot. Hope we get to see more of these elite units in fancy shiny armour. New demigryphs would be the dream.

Edit: Since big gryph left the building... does that mean we are getting demi-manticores? Or just straight up lion cav?

Edited by Gitzdee