The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Ragnar72 said:

I think we must have seen nearly all the human things by now? Dwarf and aelves are missing completely.

Although these fusiliers are a wonderful addition (I wasn't expecting much from them, but in the end I think they're even better than the steelhelms !), I think the final number of new kits will be a bit disappointing, from my point of view.

With such an early announcement last year and the emphasis on a big refresh, I was expecting at least 11/12 new kits (like LOV or Astra Militarum last year).

But if all that's left is the altar/reliquary and the cannon teased by @Whitefang, in the end there will be 'only' 9 kits. To follow on from this, AoS Facebook CM wrote this yesterday :

We may have another thing or two up our sleeves... keep an eye on the Warhammer Community site

I'm still hoping for 2/3 more (including elite infantry) but I'm pessimistic about that (which doesn't detract from the quality of new minis !).

For duardins, I think we'll have a new mini with the cannon.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Although these fusiliers are a wonderful addition (I wasn't expecting much from them, but in the end I think they're even better than the steelhelms !), I think the final number of new kits will be a bit disappointing, from my point of view.

With such an early announcement last year and the emphasis on a big refresh, I was expecting at least 11/12 new kits (like LOV or Astra Militarum last year).

But if all that's left is the altar/reliquary and the cannon teased by @Whitefang, in the end there will be 'only' 9 kits. To follow on from this, AoS Facebook CM wrote this yesterday :

I'm still hoping for 2/3 more (including elite infantry) but I'm pessimistic about that (which doesn't detract from the quality of new minis !).

For duardins, I think we'll have a new mini with the cannon.

Imho this release having less new kits probably increases the chance of a wave 2 for either a later book in Dawnbringers (ala Lumineth) or for the 4th Edition BT, as it could be the sign of a larger design phase being split into multiple releases.

Or this will be it + Callis and Toll or something for Dawnbringers, but with the range still being a bit of a mix of pretty old WHFB kits and brand new ones, I would be surprised to not see further a wave(s).

Edit: and iirc Whitefang said something about this refresh possible fully happening over a longer timespan, like 4-5 years to be fully done with everything, and that concepts that get removed from the model range may still stay in the background and eventually come back.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think the most fascinating aspect of the cities reveal is that everyone has that one unit so far that feels a little strange, out of place or isn't up their alley. For me so far they have all been hits, but at the same time they retain that strange AOS feeling of the culturally uncanny... namely there is something just a little unfamiliar in terms of the cultural referent. An anachronistic element or a sign of high fantasy that abstract from the familiar. Stranger Critters for Critters and Keys on bases are a great example of how these break from the historical but also feel at home in medieval tapestry or manuscript or the manticore being typically associated with Chaos and destruction now a centrepiece for an order army is another way they challenge expectations.

I actually think seeing these models contextualized by battle hardened Irobreakers and cut throat corsair mercenaries will make them look all the better. The second you see that massive Ogor standing behind a shield wall, the improvised turret will look much cooler as you realize the Ogor is providing the unit with muscle but also a higher vantage point of the battlefield.  

Units.jpeg
This makes me more hopeful that we will be able to combine heroes and individual models to units like in 40k for 4th edition.

Speaking as a man who generally prefers the undead and villainous factions nowadays…. I might have to start an army of these guys. 

When I was five my mom bought me a pop-up book about life in a medieval castle (still have it too), and my favorite part of that book was the section on the knights and their fancy armor. 
So far COS reminds me of those knights: their armor is a mixture of practical plate and ornate filigree that reminds me of the architecture of New Orleans… a strange mixture of memento mori and a celebration of the defiance of life. I can see myself running two or three of the fusiliers with a Warhulk in the middle, desperately trying to retake the underworld of their ancestors from the forces of chaos and the Ossiarch Legions alongside the unquiet dead and the gravelords. Here’s hoping that the rumored reliquary mentioned by @Draznakand @Whitefang is previewed soon, cause I can see it being the centerpiece of a magnificent army.

Heres also hoping @KingBrodd gets some new Ogors soon, because GW has shown that they can make some truly grotesquely gorgeous sculpts for the large lads.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Imho this release having less new kits probably increases the chance of a wave 2 for either a later book in Dawnbringers (ala Lumineth) or for the 4th Edition BT, as it could be the sign of a larger design phase being split into multiple releases.

Or this will be it + Callis and Toll or something for Dawnbringers, but with the range still being a bit of a mix of pretty old WHFB kits and brand new ones, I would be surprised to not see further a wave(s).

Edit: and iirc Whitefang said something about this refresh possible fully happening over a longer timespan, like 4-5 years to be fully done with everything, and that concepts that get removed from the model range may still stay in the background and eventually come back.

Found the post in the Mortals redesign thread:

Retiring old models doesn't mean  their lore and concepts will also be abandoned, they are more likely to be changed, updated or reimaged, and that will be a long process, maybe even 5+ years till we see the final result. Lately Squats have just proven this. Losing their models doesn't mean these humans, aelves and duardins are purged or massacred in the background

And yes I do think some WFB legacy models will be retired, but we will likely get something new and unique in their stead.

It's like exchanging High Elves for Lumineth.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another week, another Rumour Engine.

Is that a vampire skeleton? Lots of extra bones grafted on there, which makes me think either FEC (maybe an ironic Grail Reliquae-inspired unit?) or Orruks.

ne4k15366E3ooxfb.jpg

My money is on FEC, after all they’ve been hunted to get a big update real soon. It also fits their strange mixture of bronze/rusted iron and bone armor, so it’s possible…

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Is that a vampire skeleton? Lots of extra bones grafted on there, which makes me think either FEC (maybe an ironic Grail Reliquae-inspired unit?) or Orruks.

ne4k15366E3ooxfb.jpg

Vampire skull but living (?) heart makes me think FEC. Death GA at the very least, but within that I would say only FEC and Soulblight make sense.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Speaking as a man who generally prefers the undead and villainous factions nowadays…. I might have to start an army of these guys. 

When I was five my mom bought me a pop-up book about life in a medieval castle (still have it too), and my favorite part of that book was the section on the knights and their fancy armor. 
So far COS reminds me of those knights: their armor is a mixture of practical plate and ornate filigree that reminds me of the architecture of New Orleans… a strange mixture of memento mori and a celebration of the defiance of life. I can see myself running two or three of the fusiliers with a Warhulk in the middle, desperately trying to retake the underworld of their ancestors from the forces of chaos and the Ossiarch Legions alongside the unquiet dead and the gravelords. Here’s hoping that the rumored reliquary mentioned by @Draznakand @Whitefang is previewed soon, cause I can see it being the centerpiece of a magnificent army.

Heres also hoping @KingBrodd gets some new Ogors soon, because GW has shown that they can make some truly grotesquely gorgeous sculpts for the large lads.

Thanks mate. Over time this Warhulk has grown on me, the detail is insane. If we get beafier Ogors of this quality GW could see Destruction as the primary Alliance for a lot of people!!

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Callis and Toll seem likely. Thunderstrike Neave too, and the big portal Troggoth. And Ushoran is more and more likely.

I would love Callis and Toll for COS. Cannot wait to see this Portal Troggoth either!!

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

ne4k15366E3ooxfb.jpg

A Vampire Skeleton with Organs!? FEC!!

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Thanks mate. Over time this Warhulk has grown on me, the detail is insane. If we get beafier Ogors of this quality GW could see Destruction as the primary Alliance for a lot of people!!

I would love Callis and Toll for COS. Cannot wait to see this Portal Troggoth either!!

A Vampire Skeleton with Organs!? FEC!!

Skaven, nobody is as cruel as the skaven

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

ne4k15366E3ooxfb.jpg

A vampire skeleton with the viscera exposed ? With some kind of wooden structure on it ? 

Why do I think of Warcry all of a sudden ? Maybe its the bamboo-like sticks the skeleton is attached too. That, or it's FEC.

• Like 2

I think the bits you're reading as bamboo sticks are actually snapped bones, this looks like FEC to me.  Almost a mockery of the new CoS reliquaries, a vampiric heart being used as a unit standard, perhaps?  Though it's pretty funny that the heart is so much bigger compared to the ribcage, probably it didn't belong in there to begin with, or it's been swollen with dark magics!

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

No thanks needed your Swoleness, just know that I do end up building this guy, it will partially be in your honor. 

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Don't have to be that pessimistic 

@Whitefang has been summoned. Quick ask your rumor questions! Will TOW add new plastic undead archers for Tomb Kings?

25 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

A vampire skeleton with the viscera exposed ? With some kind of wooden structure on it ? 

Why do I think of Warcry all of a sudden ? Maybe its the bamboo-like sticks the skeleton is attached too. That, or it's FEC.

16 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Okay that has to be Flesh Eater Courts... waits for reveal and it ends up being Blood Angels

@The Lost Sigmarite and @Neverchosen it’s definitely something FEC related, it’s frankly too macabre for any other faction atm. Besides I don’t think the blood angels would let their brother keep their heart if they wanted to use their bones for a reliquary.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I think the bits you're reading as bamboo sticks are actually snapped bones, this looks like FEC to me.  Almost a mockery of the new CoS reliquaries, a vampiric heart being used as a unit standard, perhaps?  Though it's pretty funny that the heart is so much bigger compared to the ribcage, probably it didn't belong in there to begin with, or it's been swollen with dark magics!

Whitefang LIKE for FEC!!

Just now, Twisted Firaun said:

No thanks needed your Swoleness, just know that I do end up building this guy, it will partially be in your honor. 

@Whitefang has been summoned. Quick ask your rumor questions! Will TOW add new plastic undead archers for Tomb Kings?

@The Lost Sigmarite and @Neverchosen it’s definitely something FEC related, it’s frankly too macabre for any other faction atm. Besides I don’t think the blood angels would let their brother keep their heart if they wanted to use their bones for a reliquary.

Oh I was just making a joke about how often things that appear to be for a medieval fantasy end up as 40k from these rumour engines... hence the link I included. I am very confident this is FEC and it looks amazing!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Oh I was just making a joke about how often things that appear to be for a medieval fantasy end up as 40k from these rumour engines... hence the link I included. I am very confident this is FEC and it looks amazing!

My bad man….. also out of curiosity how did the interview go?