The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I think this is encouraging re: ongoing availability of Dispossessed/Dwarves models, but not sure what it means for their future in AoS Cities?

My initial thought was that they'll be sh*tcanned.

If that happens though, there may be new duardin units in the cities book, as they're featured quite heavily in the narrative.

• Like 2

My gut feeling is Dispossessed will stick around just because they've featured 'in the background' somewhat prominently and all of the kits current in production are only a year older than AoS. Plus they were included in the recent Regiments of Renown.

But on the other hand, GW have been so random about what Cities units they squatted the first time around (was General On Horse really that out of place in AoS?) we could throw darts for predictions and it'd be as accurate. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

May be an image of text

This was taken from an Old World FB group from a Valrak stream but looks like these might be the commemorative stamps coming out in the UK at the end of June. I know they say they were going to start reprinting some kits for the Old World but gives us a better picture with the White Lions coming back. 

I'm curious if all the plastic kits are coming back minus any that have been redone since End Times. 

They are released on thd 8th June so should have some info soon. 

I'm suprised to see The Old World stuff on there, I thought it would only be 40k stuff for 10th edition. 

GW have kept pretty tight-lipped about what's going to happen with dwarves and elves in cities of sigmar. They've only shown off humans, but wouldn't it be cool if they had some dwarves and elves sprinkled into the normal units just to show that they are indeed there? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

GW have kept pretty tight-lipped about what's going to happen with dwarves and elves in cities of sigmar. They've only shown off humans, but wouldn't it be cool if they had some dwarves and elves sprinkled into the normal units just to show that they are indeed there? 

we need our non-human artillery crew quota *points to random duardin on the street* congratulations on your promotion!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

They've been quite specific from the start that the new stuff for now is going to be all humans. So we can (unfortunately) be confident that there'll be no new dwarves and elves. Just gotta hope lots of the old ones will stay.

Edit: although just remembered @Whitefang heavy hinting Cities Ogres iirc.

Edited by EntMan

33 minutes ago, EntMan said:

They've been quite specific from the start that the new stuff for now is going to be all humans. So we can (unfortunately) be confident that there'll be no new dwarves and elves. Just gotta hope lots of the old ones will stay.

Edit: although just remembered @Whitefang heavy hinting Cities Ogres iirc.

Have they just plainly come out and said that it will be just humans?

I know that they have been the focus for the refresh, but there have been some mentions of non-humans:

Spoiler

"The humans, aelves, and duardin of the Free Cities make up the bulk of Sigmar’s faithful – and the majority of his armies. The Warhammer Studio is currently hard at work redesigning the Cities of Sigmar, and we’re here to bring you another behind-the-scenes look at how they’re developing."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/16/dawnbringer-previews-your-first-look-at-the-arsenal-of-the-cities-of-sigmar/

And also that pretty unconvincing answer from the initial reveal last year where Eddie said that "there may be some non-humans", although I'd take that with more caution than a direct mention in a preview article.

4 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Have they just plainly come out and said that it will be just humans?

I know that they have been the focus for the refresh, but there have been some mentions of non-humans:

Hide contents

"The humans, aelves, and duardin of the Free Cities make up the bulk of Sigmar’s faithful – and the majority of his armies. The Warhammer Studio is currently hard at work redesigning the Cities of Sigmar, and we’re here to bring you another behind-the-scenes look at how they’re developing."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/16/dawnbringer-previews-your-first-look-at-the-arsenal-of-the-cities-of-sigmar/

And also that pretty unconvincing answer from the initial reveal last year where Eddie said that "there may be some non-humans", although I'd take that with more caution than a direct mention in a preview article.

So I may well be misremembering, but I'd thought they'd said way back when they first announced all this that it'd be all humans to start. But I hope I'm wrong! (I often am)

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EntMan said:

However the lack is unfortunately lore consistent, didn't the Imps wipe out a whole load of aliens during the great crusade etc?

You are correct that the Imps try to wipe out any aliens they find, but they still have quite a few out there. GW just does not really care that much to represent them in either plastic and paper for reasons. Hell there is a good argument to be made that even the human factions take a backseat to the Space Marines.

Best example is the Tau who are pretty much The Covenant from Halo. An empire that has dozen of races which include giant floating psychic bears, lots of bugs, and massive giants. On the table they have mostly just their own species........... and lots of robots lol.

https://i.redd.it/amnd8jxgqde21.jpg

That is what I like about Sigmar is that at least it feels that they try and spread the love around. Not saying it could be better, but it could be a lot worse.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

You are correct that the Imps try to wipe out any aliens they find, but they still have quite a few out there. GW just does not really care that much to represent them in either plastic and paper for reasons. Hell there is a good argument to be made that even the human factions take a backseat to the Space Marines.

Best example is the Tau who are pretty much The Covenant from Halo. An empire that has dozen of races which include giant floating psychic bears, lots of bugs, and massive giants. On the table they have mostly just their own species........... and lots of robots lol.

That is what I like about Sigmar is that at least it feels that they try and spread the love around. Not saying it could be better, but it could be a lot worse.

That's a nice list. At least Jok'aero get a model, and are (or were) playable, although ironically in an Imperial faction.

Pretty sure Demiurg have now been confirmed to be Squats/VotannKin. It'd be cool if T'au get rules to include them.

6 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

That's a nice list. At least Jok'aero get a model, and are (or were) playable, although ironically in an Imperial faction.

Pretty sure Demiurg have now been confirmed to be Squats/VotannKin. It'd be cool if T'au get rules to include them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EntMan said:

I absolutely agree that more aliens would be brilliant, and to me would make the setting more interesting.

However the lack is unfortunately lore consistent, didn't the Imps wipe out a whole load of aliens during the great crusade etc?

While many races were indeed wiped out during the great crusade, many more remain.

””Countless alien species teem through the darkness between the stars. They ravage Humanity’s far-flung domains even as they feed their rapacious appetites , or expand the boundaries of their own Xenos empires.” 

The lore in the current rulebook says that Orks could still overrun the Galaxy if united, for example. Tyranids, Tau and Necron are are labelled as “…dire threats to the Imperium of Man.”

(quotes from 40K Core rulebook)

I will shut up about 40K now.

Still looking forward to my Warcry box! Go noble warriors! 

Edited by Souleater

16 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So I may well be misremembering, but I'd thought they'd said way back when they first announced all this that it'd be all humans to start. But I hope I'm wrong! (I often am)

The announcers said humans, but apparently they only know what GW told them to say. IIRC a few of the articles did mention other races, but we will have to just wait and see. We got a few rumors and with GW being pretty quite about the faction so far we have had a lot of different views pop up because of that.

Also found that there has been a belief on the internet that Cities was never a real faction and just a placeholder for Cities rework or the return of the Old World.

Right now the most current rumors are about half the units (humans, high elves, and wood elves) will be cut, but the rest stays and they may add ogres. Will the remaining get removed in the future (my guess is yes), but who knows lol!

I can see Dispossessed getting a revamp in the future to go closer with the Cities new blocky armor to show that their frontier dwarven smiths are making it and using it on the humans(possibly Ogors too) and themselves.

The Corebook is pretty heavy on how important the duardin citizens are to building said settlements, cities and even famed freeguild duardin units that can famously turn a empty battlefield into an impregnable fortress overnight.

I’m hoping that’ll lead to those Militarum bunker walls but for Freeguild battlements version to defend the settlements.

image0.jpg

Also wouldn’t be surprised at a mix unit with the new infantry. Definitely could be wrong but that they didn’t show off the full new Freeguild troops like they did the cavaliers makes me think there’s a surprise coming for what mortals make up the unit.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

17 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I heard some talk of a new Warclans battletome. Is there any substance to it? or is it just whatever the second book of the narrative campaign will be?

Iirc there's only one battletome on the roadmap and it's either confirmed or almost certainly FEC.

I think it was also said the new Orks on Huge Pig with Sponsoons model is to go with one of the Dawnbringers narrative books.

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Iirc there's only one battletome on the roadmap and it's either confirmed or almost certainly FEC.

I think it was also said the new Orks on Huge Pig with Sponsoons model is to go with one of the Dawnbringers narrative books.

Yeah thats what GW has said definitively. The second book of the campaign will have a heavy destruction theme and the pig releases with that.

Not sure if there are any other rumors, heard some folks mentioning it and I wasn't sure if they got mixed up or there were some other rumors.

Warclans could certainly do with new rules.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Seems pretty safe to say that anyone who gets a new model can expect they're in the front half of the queue for a new book. Just because they sure do like to consolidate their warscrolls. 

I hope I'm wrong though because Beasts of Chaos could really use any new models and they definitely won't be getting a new book any time soon for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I hope I'm wrong though because Beasts of Chaos could really use any new models and they definitely won't be getting a new book any time soon for obvious reasons.

Still got a year’s worth of time between now and AoS4 so we could still see a second campaign with them and Destruction as the main big bads that gets them both more love. 🤞 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

The announcers said humans, but apparently they only know what GW told them to say. IIRC a few of the articles did mention other races, but we will have to just wait and see. We got a few rumors and with GW being pretty quite about the faction so far we have had a lot of different views pop up because of that.

Also found that there has been a belief on the internet that Cities was never a real faction and just a placeholder for Cities rework or the return of the Old World.

Right now the most current rumors are about half the units (humans, high elves, and wood elves) will be cut, but the rest stays and they may add ogres. Will the remaining get removed in the future (my guess is yes), but who knows lol!

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I can see Dispossessed getting a revamp in the future to go closer with the Cities new blocky armor to show that their frontier dwarven smiths are making it and using it on the humans(possibly Ogors too) and themselves.

The Corebook is pretty heavy on how important the duardin citizens are to building said settlements, cities and even famed freeguild duardin units that can famously turn a empty battlefield into an impregnable fortress overnight.

I’m hoping that’ll lead to those Militarum bunker walls but for Freeguild battlements version to defend the settlements.

image0.jpg

Also wouldn’t be surprised at a mix unit with the new infantry. Definitely could be wrong but that they didn’t show off the full new Freeguild troops like they did the cavaliers makes me think there’s a surprise coming for what mortals make up the unit.

Im here for Armoured Sigmars Ogors!! My first Order army is literally a Vanguard of Ogors!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1