The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't think Whitefang would've dropped that big a rumour about them if they were coming back only as a Warcry warband... To me, they're in the pipeline for a "main" AoS release later down the line. Maybe to close off the Era of the Beast against all the new Destruction stuff he hinted at. Maybe later. Who knows. 

As cold blooded creatures, it'll do them wonders I'm sure ! 

Yes, a warband would be underwhelming, deserves a bigger release. Kurnoth, a couple of heroes and a couple of different units minimum. With the rite of life in full force its the best opportunity for kurnoth to rise. Hopefully we get some information on Thursday maybe a clue in the new  AoS road map 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Aleser said:

We know New starter is around corner but it could be really soon, most likely april

fadada.png

I just hope they release the Sons of Velmorn on their own this time. Would be my first Soulblight kit. Just love those models.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingKull said:

If the lizard launch box gets announced Thursday, when can we expect preorders? 

If it is announced I can see it going on pre order the 1st April. We don't have any AoS stuff in the pipeline at the moment so will need something to release. 

2 hours ago, silverstu said:

On the dwarf side of things I wonder fi we might get a nice Grombrindal model for Warhammerfest this year? Not expecting much else for dwarfs at the moment [unless for OldWorld] but I'm getting my dwarf fix with the Votann in 40k. 

Looking forward to seeing the Lizzies get their day in the sun!

There was an interview with some book outlet, no hope of finding it now, but it was regarding Chronicles of the Wanderer. Anyway, they were talking about how the series got started, and David Guymer said he got an email from GW back in like 2019 about whether he was interested in writing some White Dwarf stories to go along with a new Grombrindal model release...One that's still suspiciously missing after all this time, mind you. So I think there's a shot.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I just hope they release the Sons of Velmorn on their own this time. Would be my first Soulblight kit. Just love those models.

Sadly they release warbands from coreboxes in rivals boxes but together with other warband from that corebox. Price is almost similar to normal corebox but you get less content. (No boards, tokens and universal cards)

1 hour ago, Baz said:

Yes, a warband would be underwhelming, deserves a bigger release. Kurnoth, a couple of heroes and a couple of different units minimum. With the rite of life in full force its the best opportunity for kurnoth to rise. Hopefully we get some information on Thursday maybe a clue in the new  AoS road map 

*Wishlist mode activated* : if (or more likely when) Kurnothi get released, I hope we get the satyrs and centaurs like the WHU warband, but also some miniatures closer to Kulathis the Exile (the Cursed City hero). They would complement each other well and bring in some of that old "Wood Elves" aesthetic back with either a bit or a lot of AoS weirdness. 
Like, imagine some elves like Kulathis, aka "classic WE with updated sculpts and little mutations (Kulathis has little antlers, so things like that) and others like the WHU warbands who are already half animals.

*Wishlist mode deactivated*

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

36 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Like, imagine some elves like Kulathis, aka "classic WE with updated sculpts and little mutations (Kulathis has little antlers, so things like that)

You say little but if they do some non-centaurs then I want Wildwood Rangers on steroids With Moose Antlers for heavy infantry!

image.jpeg.9133035488dbfce503f203d73e039929.jpeg
+
image.jpeg.2e5179af8e06a1aa7aeeaed6a1808994.jpeg

Now we’re talking proper AoS units. Save the namby-Pamby generic welf archers for the World-that-Was. We already got giant tree archers and now ghost aelves with bug jet-packs for that! 🌳 🦌 💪 

But otherwise I’m just expecting a Centaur cavalry unit ala the Snarlfangs for an UnderWorlds prototype gone unit(WhQ aelf ideas tend to vanish like the Silver Tower guys). Whitefang said the armies on the backburner a could expect better treatment next so Sylvaneth might get very little next edition to offset having one of the best updates of AoS3.

(Plus GW loves centaurs. Maybe we could get a Order Centaurion Marshall hero version for Kurnothi)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

26 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Those antlers look heavy... think some puny elgi could support them ? 

Soulbound’s Kurnoth Exile is already sporting some of those bad bois. Just give them a beast-infused barrel chest and huge great weapon and we’d be good to go on AoS proving bigger IS better.

image.jpeg.7e1e2319fece9d01e3f0727c7ab2b372.jpeg
Never underestimate Aelven neck-strength when it comes to holding up glorious horns.

image.jpeg.22dbd61cf37fe3861656a96f535c79c3.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Is anybody else just living in a state of perpetual Adepti-hype?

Luckily had some things to keep me occupied this week but time seems to slow down everytime I realise Adepticon is next week. 

Really looking forward to 40k because it's either gonna be The Lion or 10th but Seraphon or CoS for AoS? Gonna be a good morning to wake up to.

• LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Really looking forward to 40k because it's either gonna be The Lion or 10th but Seraphon or CoS for AoS? Gonna be a good morning to wake up to.

Don't forget the rumoured Squats vs Goats Killteam 😍

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Luckily had some things to keep me occupied this week but time seems to slow down everytime I realise Adepticon is next week. 

Im actually excited for 40K for once as Nids as my favourite Faction!!

3 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Yes!

Still i'm hyped to see also what comes after that preview XD.

GIVE US THAT ROAD MAP!!

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

Yes very much so. I just want to see the rest of the lizards and start planning my purchases, conversions and paint schemes.

I wish nothing but the scaliest reveals for you my friend!!

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The hypest I have been in over a year! With a bit of luck, all armies I play are getting something revealed! maybe even Cities, who I had already mentally filed away as "don't expect anything before winter".

Its the most hyped Ive been for a Warhammer Preview and none of the Factions I collect or play will even be in attendance!!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Is anybody else just living in a state of perpetual Adepti-hype?

I'm not very objective about COS but since we know that they will probably not be revealed at the Adepticon, my hype has taken a serious hit. I still have hope with Underworlds or AoS roadmap for any clue but the emotional rollercoaster has already been a bit too strong for me !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

If it is announced I can see it going on pre order the 1st April. We don't have any AoS stuff in the pipeline at the moment so will need something to release. 

I'm fairly certain we've got Bonereapers and Soulblight before Lizards based on what we know. Those probably get revealed at Adepticon and if the rest of the Lizardmen do as well then they're probably aiming for nearer the end of May/very start of June.

Also a few people have noted that last year we got the Heresy trailer (plus a Beakie and Praetor) at Adepticon last year, with the Age of Darkness box's contents and other early releases (Kratos, Deimos Rhino and upgrade kits) revealed at Warhammer Fest. So that's probably going to the be the lion's share of the focus for those two events.

• Like 2