The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, very odd picks.

Like I’m thinking if anything the AoS3 Corebook specifically pointing out the new strongholds would/will be the way to go 

“The Seven Great Fortress-Cities
Foremost amongst the Free Cities of Sigmar's Empire, outshining even the Seeds of Hope and cities of the Great Parch, are the Seven Fortress-Cities that serve as the capitals of the Sigmarite nations within each of the Mortal Realms, except for the Realm of Azyr wherein the Eternal City of Azyrheim is supreme.

These seven great cities are Hammerhal Aqsha, the Bright City in the Realm of Aqshy,

Hammerhal Ghyra, the Verdant City in the Realm of Ghyran,

Excelsis, the City of Secrets in the Realm of Ghur,

Vindicarum, the Bulwark of Faith in the Realm of Chamon,

Lethis, the City of Bleak Ravens in the Realm of Shyish,

Misthåvn, City of Scoundrels in the Realm of Ulgu,

and Settler's Gain, the Enlightened City in the Realm of Hysh.”

The Dawncrusades are literally being launched from these capitals so they’re likely the change(if anything you know Settler’s Gain is staying for that Lumineth tie-in and how often it gets stories around)

I would be a bit disappointed if Greywater Fastness didn't stay as a major city in the BT (and for that matter, the other Seeds of Hope), because imho it's one of the most developed cities and iirc is featured in a lot of books, short stories and at least one novel (with only Hammerhal, Excelsis and maybe Settler's Gain having more stuff). And if Dispossessed are staying they would need a city 😛

Although the Dawnbringer part might be a bit tricky, because afaik there hasn't really been any material on that for the Fastness, probably mainly because of pact with the Sylvaneth...

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

I would be a bit disappointed if Greywater Fastness didn't stay as a major city in the BT (and for that matter, the other Seeds of Hope), because imho it's one of the most developed cities and iirc is featured in a lot of books, short stories and at least one novel (with only Hammerhal, Excelsis and maybe Settler's Gain having more stuff). And if Dispossessed are staying they would need a city 😛

Although the Dawnbringer part might be a bit tricky, because afaik there hasn't really been any material on that for the Fastness, probably mainly because of pact with the Sylvaneth...

I agree as I love the Fastness too for both it’s flavor(especially after Soulbound), it’s history in the setting as a place the players choices actually helped shape and I love the idea of smog wizards weaponizing pollution. 

but I’d understand the direction if AoS3 onward is about hopping around the Realms to flesh them out through the seasons, so a CoS focus on people building new foundations through all those places would be handier than having to write out why forces from those major cities are now at the edges of an entirely different realm. The Dawners are much handier for exploring new frontiers the narrative takes.

As long as they give options to build your your Fastness force(something like imperial guard combo allegiances of City Guard + Ghyra+ Ironweld for a ranger shooty force with extra war machine options and heavy infantry) it won’t be so bad plus they can encourage narratives that have players build Ironweld fastnesses in other Realms.

@DinoJon

Another point on what you said is no acknowledgement of the next UnderWorlds season or upcoming Tzeentch warband we know from the Twitter tease:

image.jpeg.dd8345a0cf0fe5b29d0c8a45a134e128.jpeg

Final note, Kharadron tome lore is starting to leak out now and there seems to be a focus on the long whispered about Gholemkin race:

”Slowly Lore from the new book is coming out. 
Apparently the Gholems are returning.

Called "ancient duardin allies", they got roused by Grugni's presence and they apparently made contact with the kharadrons.

And it looks like they are looking for a powersource?“

Could be a surprise army drop like the Ossiarchs were. Small elite Order golem army vs the small elite Death golem army.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

35 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I agree as I love the Fastness too for both it’s flavor(especially after Soulbound), it’s history in the setting as a place the players choices actually helped shape and I love the idea of smog wizards weaponizing pollution. 

but I’d understand the direction if AoS3 onward is about hopping around the Realms to flesh them out through the seasons, so a CoS focus on people building new foundations through all those places would be handier than having to write out why forces from those major cities are now at the edges of an entirely different realm. The Dawners are much handier for exploring new frontiers the narrative takes.

As long as they give options to build your your Fastness force(something like imperial guard combo allegiances of City Guard + Ghyra+ Ironweld for a ranger shooty force with extra war machine options and heavy infantry) it won’t be so bad plus they can encourage narratives that have players build Ironweld fastnesses in other Realms.

@DinoJon

Another point on what you said is no acknowledgement of the next UnderWorlds season or upcoming Tzeentch warband we know from the Twitter tease:

image.jpeg.dd8345a0cf0fe5b29d0c8a45a134e128.jpeg

Final note, Kharadron tome lore is starting to leak out now and there seems to be a focus on the long whispered about Gholemkin race:

Called "ancient duardin allies", they got roused by Grugni's presence and they apparently made contact with the kharadrons.

Could be a surprise army drop like the Ossiarchs were. Small elite Order golem army vs the small elite Death golem army.

How big a thing are they in the book do you know? Because the Idoneth had a lot of references to a deepsea Lovecraftian race as I recall too - plus the "Quiet People" or whatever the insects are called. So it might be just lore drops, though could be little hints for an upcoming race, but I doubt it would arrive until 4th Edition - with Seraphon, Cities and possibly a FEC update the rest of the edition seems fairly packed, especially given its slow beginning!

Personally if we do get them I would hope they are tied into a classic Dwarf army, never been a Dwarf lover myself but like the Elves got their classic(ish) High Elf army I hope the Dwarfs get that eventually too!

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

tome lore is starting to leak out now and there seems to be a focus on the long whispered about Gholemkin race:

Could be a surprise army

Gholemkind have been referenced enough since 1.0, to make me think they're more likely than a Dwarf soup book at this point. Soulbound mentioned them hanging around in Order cities as far back as the core rulebook.

I guess if they appear, the question will be if Dispossessed end up being merged with them as a 'Grungni Army' or if it's a Sylvaneth/Wanderers situation. 

On the other hand, GW seem to enjoy writing Duardin lore exclusively for books and rarely does it manifest as anything on the tabletop. Still waiting on that Grombrindal model.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

How big a thing are they in the book do you know? Because the Idoneth had a lot of references to a deepsea Lovecraftian race as I recall too - plus the "Quiet People" or whatever the insects are called. So it might be just lore drops, though could be little hints for an upcoming race, but I doubt it would arrive until 4th Edition - with Seraphon, Cities and possibly a FEC update the rest of the edition seems fairly packed, especially given its slow beginning!

Personally if we do get them I would hope they are tied into a classic Dwarf army, never been a Dwarf lover myself but like the Elves got their classic(ish) High Elf army I hope the Dwarfs get that eventually too!

We’ll know more tomorrow as that’s when my friend Gecktron gets his tome.(my limited edition one I ordered won’t arrive ‘til Monday.)

They could be just a lore thing but to the Gholemkin’s credit they’ve been lore-dropped since the 2018 Corebook(which also teased Sons of Behemat, light aelves and Malerion’s devilish shadowkin) and appeared here and there in places, usually as travelers in Sky-ports.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gholemkind

“The Godwrought Isles, one of the Nineteen Wonders of Chamon, are created by Grungni after he was freed from bondage by the God-King. Grungni gifts each of these perfectly straight islands to one of his clans of worshipers, which include Gholemkind, Humans, and Duardin.

The clans of these three races prosper from the minerals they mine from their new homes.

Grungni's many wonders ensure that his followers live in prosperity and peace for eighty generations, though not even the Great Maker could forge civilizations that were immune to greed. Eventually Chamonite is found in abundance in the central regions of the Godwrought Isles and it swiftly becomes the basis of industry and economy in the Isles, used as both a currency and in every forge. The Gholemkind clans of the western Isles are among those who prosper the most from this lucrative substance.[1a]
Tribal federations and gleaming empires form among the Human, Duardin, and Gholemkind clans of the Godwrought Isles. Many of these compete, and even war, with one another for control of deposits of Chamonite, oftentimes strip mining the lands they conquer.”

“During the Age of Sigmar Gholemkind were a common site on the Sky-port of Barak-Urbaz.”

Maybe they could end up fitting in a Duardin force but it’s uncertain as though they likely bring rune golems to mind the Gholemkin are their own race. But they also worship Grungni  so maybe they end up the Ogroids of his possible new super duardin.

Just as likely they team up with the Cogmen* and form their own faction or even are a surprise in the Cities reboot for Kharadron ambassadors.

*Cogmen are the second known material people race of Chamon and much less known. Grungni actually did create them but got bored half-way through and left them like the dreaded grey pile of shame so they had to fix themselves without him. If they show up I wouldn’t be surprised as a future mixed Destruction faction after father-Grungni went out to get milk, would make a good mirror to how God-Teclis treated the Deepkin as his own forlorn children and that they aren’t really different despite the rivalry.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Maybe they could end up fitting in a Duardin force but it’s uncertain as though they likely bring rune golems to mind the Gholemkin are their own race. But they also worship Grungni  so maybe they end up the Ogroids of his possible new super duardin.

I can envision them being akin to the newer Sylvalenth sculpts, in that they're visually very similar to elves but are just different enough to not be quite the same thing. 

Something like the Iron Dwarves in WoW maybe.

96486-iron-dwarf-assailant.jpg

assembly-of-iron-custom.png?v=559

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

I could see that happening. My first thought was Aganos from Killer Instinct(GW wanting to flex after that Eltharion living armor for more floaty bits). I think we can all be certain no matter what their appearance or allegiance(going solo or backing up Grungni) there’s a 95% they’re gonna be rocking stone & metal beards.

image.jpeg.1b531f39d75038b8f164f34233c585ca.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

On the other hand, GW seem to enjoy writing Duardin lore exclusively for books and rarely does it manifest as anything on the tabletop. Still waiting on that Grombrindal model.

Haha, like that’s exclusive to duardin. Gobbo fans still waiting for their airship pirate fleets, Deepkin for battle whales and Beastman would like a crumb of anything more exotic than goats like the Mammothmen of Ghur or Mantismen of Ghyran. xD 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Were'nt Gholemkind described as "mechanical like"?
Or i'm confusing them with cogmen or those strange "automaton" in one of the stormvault?
Imho they could be the perfect idea to give the Duardin factions a monster sized infantry without much problem (or at least for KO and dispossesed).
Who knows but i hope Aos will delve more in these different races.
But considering how we've alrady got lore blurbs about possible new armies that got nowhere i'm not that hopeful (like you know...Grotbag scuttlers).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think everytime a supposed """leak""" mentions release dates and schedules, they've been fake.

Indeed ! and the 10th edition of 40K will be for Warhammer Fest for sure, so that rumor collapses

Adepticon would be the Lion and Dark Angel new things that will happen before the 10th, they still need to be revealed and then the Warhammer fest /10th

I'm highly dubious of the new rumours simply because they are so believable. The cities rumour is just a regular cities list with the bombard and Ogors thrown in, both of which come from Whitefang. FeC in Autumn is another Whitefang rumour as is more destruction. 

Underworlds got it's own tease in April last least, separate from any event so it's plausible that will happen again. Warcry and Kill Team will get their 4th boxes shown off at Adepticon so it's a very safe bet that we will see the new seasons at Warhammer Fest. 

There's nothing new in this rumour and crucially nothing we don't know. What are the Soulblight and Ossiarch heroes? What are the contents of the last Warcry box or next season's launch box? What is the theme of the end of edition campaign books? Where is Underworlds going next? What are the remaining Seraphon minis? 

Here's my rumour from highly verified sources (me). 

Adepticon will see Soulblight, Ossiarch, Seraphon and the next incarnate. A Seraphon launch box will be announced

We will get the next warcry and Kill team boxes. 

Dante and the Lion will be revealed for 40k along with book 5 of the arks of omen. 

We will see new vehicles for van Saar.

A new Bloodbowl team will be announced 

Underworlds will be announced in April. It will still be in Ghur. 

Warhammer Fest will see 10th edition 40k, the new GHB for AoS, new minis for cities and FeC. New seasons of kill team and warcry will be announced. New plastic infantry will be shown for Horus Heresy and the first mini for The Old World will be shown. There will be a new middle earth character model. 

The cities release will be largely as mentioned but we will have a named character riding a large monster with a generic option. 

We will get a new campaign staring at the end of the year. Orruk warclans will get a new battletome with new minis for Ironjawz

Lets see who's more accurate. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

Now those are rumors I can get behind! 🍻 

(This is going to be a rough year on my wallet I can already tell. Incarnate, Cities and Ironjawz oh my! 💸)

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Were'nt Gholemkind described as "mechanical like"?
Or i'm confusing them with cogmen or those strange "automaton" in one of the stormvault?

I’ve asked that before to the guy in charge of their lexicanum article and they said it’s never been specified yet.

Personally could see them going rock and raw metals for a more natural look so they don’t look artificial but as a race that naturally formed in their native realm. (Would also help them fit into more allied armies with stuff like gold and celestium for a Stormcast stonecast army, and nature heavy, lava rocks, gemstones or molten iron for other Realms and adapting with their Cities allies)

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

But considering how we've alrady got lore blurbs about possible new armies that got nowhere i'm not that hopeful (like you know...Grotbag scuttlers).

Indeed. My expectations are reserved until AoS is at full steam again but to GW’s credit they have been pushing more races and sapient creatures every year despite various global problems slowing them down.

2020- Lumineth & Mega-gargants

2021- Kruleboyz, Hobgrots and Draconith

2022- expanded on the Ogroids and introduced Creepers clinging to King Brodd.

So I do have some hope for the last half of the year or even the lead up to AoS4 next year.

• LOVE IT! 2

I think the lack of details on the "remaining Seraphon" damns this rumor. If the alleged leaker knows about a sizeable wave of Destruction coming toward the end of the edition, then surely they could specify what's being shown off in less than two weeks time. But of course, someone making things up has no desire to do that - would be pretty easy to disqualify their nonsense then.

@DinoJon Good point on the "pick 4" thing! I can't believe I forgot about that, even after bringing it up just a few pages back. I guess I'm stilling coming around to the idea that Saurus Knights really are getting updated.

I think the "newness" is just logged incorrectly in my brain, because I so vividly remember walking into a hobby store at age 11 and seeing them on the shelves. At the time it seemed like such an incredible upgrade and value proposition (all plastic and in a box of eight) to me. And as an oblivious kid I had no idea they were getting updated as part of the Lustria campaign. I just walked into a store one day and *bam* there they were. With all that said I fully agree with the sentiment that the models have not stood the test of time and fact looked rather derpy even back then. Especially the Cold Ones who looked so much more dopey than the Dark Elf variants the succeeded them. I would absolutely welcome an updated version, but I guess I will have to see it before it believe it.

Also, I'm a little late to the whole centerpiece debate, but as a Tyranid player I can definitely appreciate the bittersweetness of briefly receiving one the biggest plastic models (Trygon/Mawloc), only to see it overshadowed by an endless wave of humongous releases (Dreadknight, Riptide, Wraithknight, Knight-Knight, G/Morkanaut). I'm glad the model inflation syndrome in 40K has worn off or at least stabilized a bit. With Age of Sigmar, however, it felt like a game that wanted to emphasize these big models right out of the gate and with that in mind I really do think that Seraphon "deserves" a giant dinosaur to inspire awe and dread in their enemies on the battlefield. 

We will see soon enough! Exciting times ahead!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I could see that happening. My first thought was Aganos from Killer Instinct(GW wanting to flex after that Eltharion living armor for more floaty bits). I think we can all be certain no matter what their appearance or allegiance(going solo or backing up Grungni) there’s a 95% they’re gonna be rocking stone & metal beards.

image.jpeg.1b531f39d75038b8f164f34233c585ca.jpeg

OMG another KI player! love KI.  still IMHO the best fighting game of the last generation (and the best netcode helped). sadly no info on a follow up :(

the more i read this thread, the more i realize i have no idea what ppl are talking about. been out of warhammer too long hehe

SF

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

I think my main hope for Cold One Riders is that they look like dinosaurs.

I'm a little concerned that they'll lose some of their dinosaurness for some reason. The head on that ogor hunter kit doesn't really say 'raptor' to me

But we'll see how they go!

i always thought this was intentional. 

Similar to how after 3e, D&D moved away from real world dinos (along with fantasy/magical ones).

the carnosaur isnt quite a t-rex, spinosaur, allosaur, etc. stegadon is a mix of like 3 or 4 dinos.  bastiladon is a roided armadillo with a messed up face, etc.

SF

• Like 2

I do like how GW designed all their dinosaurs with a different world in mind. Carnosaur is close to a theropod but not, bastiladon is close to a ankylosaurid but not. It helps future proof them for continuing advances in paleontology. 

I do hope the new Cold Ones are closer to what our current understanding of dinosaurs are like the new Raptadons without making them unrecognizable to the cold ones of the past. 

Only slightly related but if you want to see bad Dinosaur esque designs go see 65... cause boy howdy are they awful. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I do like how GW designed all their dinosaurs with a different world in mind. Carnosaur is close to a theropod but not, bastiladon is close to a ankylosaurid but not. It helps future proof them for continuing advances in paleontology. 

I do hope the new Cold Ones are closer to what our current understanding of dinosaurs are like the new Raptadons without making them unrecognizable to the cold ones of the past. 

Only slightly related but if you want to see bad Dinosaur esque designs go see 65... cause boy howdy are they awful. 

i want to see 65 :)    i pasted the pics a page or 2 back of the current cold ones and the rumored cold one on the ogre hunter. i do see similarities. as long as it has a more organic look and actual proper hands/claws, i think they cant be as bad as now.

SF

1 hour ago, RileyArlic said:

I think my main hope for Cold One Riders is that they look like dinosaurs.

I'm a little concerned that they'll lose some of their dinosaurness for some reason. The head on that ogor hunter kit doesn't really say 'raptor' to me

But we'll see how they go!

I want them feathered with proper wrist pronation, or make them bipedal land crocs if they omit feathers (unfeathered theropods start around Carno size)..

The JP drooping hands should go in either situation

7 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Imho they could be the perfect idea to give the Duardin factions a monster sized infantry without much problem (or at least for KO and dispossesed).

I'm completely fine to recieve an "auxiliary units" of Gholemkin for my KOs army.

Btw, anyone knows why KOs don't have anything about Duardrazhal in their rules? Not even coalition units in Barak-thryng!

Btw, for anyone interested, AoS is the main focus for some Content Creators. Miniac made a video about AoS is a "Trash Game", and HeyWoah and Rob answered the call. No trashtalk, just good takes about the game.

Edited by Beliman

The lizard head on the ogor hunter reminds me of the display they used to have in bugmans bar in the early 2000's.

It was a life sized lizardman head brought back from lustria along with maps and charts etc. Was a wonderful display piece, I tried finding a picture but alas couldn't find one.

On the subject of dwarves golems, I picture them to be like the golden army in Hellboy 2.

Thainking about it, I would love del Toro to provide concept art for an army, would be so creepy and fantastical! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I can envision them being akin to the newer Sylvalenth sculpts, in that they're visually very similar to elves but are just different enough to not be quite the same thing. 

Something like the Iron Dwarves in WoW maybe.

96486-iron-dwarf-assailant.jpg

assembly-of-iron-custom.png?v=559

Might be this? Its a newer RE so its at least a few months away. Gholemkin maybe?

2023-03-07.jpg

My educated guess is a Dawnbringers Duardin.

Edited by Gitzdee

1 minute ago, JerekKruger said:

An I completely silly to be going that the Khorne and Slaanesh his might be announced tomorrow? I want to see what they're like so much 😄

I would not bet on it, there's probably at least a couple of weeks before more AoS preorders, KO only just came out, buuut I am going to join in your optimism cos I also really want to see them!

• Like 3