The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Ooh, nice catch ! I don't want to put too much hope in it but actually they released cards only with Underworld's fighters known until now. We also remember artwork with COS explorers lost in the jungle in Gnarlwood rulebook... 

Sure, there were Hexbane's Hunters not too long ago, but I figure there's room for another human warband. Other than Tzeentch and Nurgle, I feel like every other AoS army has been served fairly since Underworlds has existed (ok from memory, Ossiarchs, Idoneth or Fyreslayers only had one warband too)

I swear if we get another Witch Hunter before the range refresh is out 😛 (probably with a multi-part Witch Hunter)...

But (speculating based on the card art) a more armoured "Freeguild Expeditioner Veterans" Warband would be really cool!

• LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

IBut (speculating based on the card art) a more armoured "Freeguild Expeditioner Veterans" Warband would be really cool!

It would be a great niche to fill, without encroaching on the future Dawnbringer's range : a kind of rehearsal before the great fireworks ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draznak said:

It would be a great niche to fill, without encroaching on the future Dawnbringer's range : a kind of rehearsal before the great fireworks ! 

Also, with it having been 62 days since the last Dawnbringer Preview, unless we get something at Adepticon somehow, I think we should be due a new one this week (or at least, this month).

Anyone have any ideas what new Rumour Engine-esque renders we'll see this time 😛? (Ngl, atleast a new piece of less-spoilery art or a full mini would be great, although that will mostly likely be for either Warhammer Fest, or if we are getting an Army Set in October-December, the NOVA Open in August/September.)

• Like 3

I think too that we'll have an article this week or next !

9 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Anyone have any ideas what new Rumour Engine-esque renders we'll see this time 😛? (Ngl, atleast a new piece of less-spoilery art or a full mini would be great, although that will mostly likely be for either Warhammer Fest, or if we are getting an Army Set in October-December, the NOVA Open in August/September.)

I bet on war machines/artillery, especially since @Whitefang hinted there would be big guns. 

For more consistent revealss, I unfortunately think that we will have to wait for the Nova Open (again i hope i'm wrong 😛) to finally have something concrete. I can't see GW showing more than the latest WarCom's articles until Seraphons are released (in case the army set precedes the full release).

• Like 1

In the kharadron overlords lore master episode released today it looks like we have a preview of the next ossiarch characters some sort of bone shaper type character with arms like a spider. Looks like he is raising some sort of crocodile type creature. Around minute 20 for those who want to check it out.

• LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

In the kharadron overlords lore master episode released today it looks like we have a preview of the next ossiarch characters some sort of bone shaper type character with arms like a spider. Looks like he is raising some sort of crocodile type creature. Around minute 20 for those who want to check it out.

I think it's just a Boneshaper with the back-spikes exaggerated for artistic flair, otherwise it looks very, very close to the existing model. Good spot of the new art though.

APfB4cv.png

99070207010_OBRMortisanBoneshaper01.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I held little more than cautious optimism for the blackTalon series, but this part of the credits removed any hype i may have had for the show.

Billede

Billede

No names on the animators and showrunners, and unless GW had an A.I write the show, they didn't include the writers either. Credit is required for the creatives, and the way that GW tries to hide them behind a coporate charade is nothing but shameful. I suppose there may be an arguement to keep the identities of the rules writers hidden ever since the Matt Ward incident, but this is simply absurd.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I suppose there may be an arguement to keep the identities of the rules writers hidden ever since the Matt Ward incident, but this is simply absurd.

You make a good point and I completely missed the lack of real credits. The Matt Ward situation is not at all worth discrediting your entire teams of artists and writers... it just isn't. Hide the RULES writers? Ok fine. But your brand is build on artistic creativity. Credit your !&%!#&* artists!!!!!!

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I held little more than cautious optimism for the blackTalon series, but this part of the credits removed any hype i may have had for the show.

No names on the animators and showrunners, and unless GW had an A.I write the show, they didn't include the writers either. Credit is required for the creatives, and the way that GW tries to hide them behind a coporate charade is nothing but shameful. I suppose there may be an arguement to keep the identities of the rules writers hidden ever since the Matt Ward incident, but this is simply absurd.

I noticed this too.

Only thing I can think of is that corporate media law is different from the UK and the US, or that the writers and animators signed some sort of contract. Any industry professional worth their salt is likely going to avoid any sort of contract that doesn't credit them, but there's just so much we don't know about the situation. There are other shows produced in the UK that credit the creatives properly, and if GW keeps down this path then they're likely to have a situation where they can't keep creative professionals on long enough to get a big enough group of experienced people to make content to any sort of decent standard, as once they gain experience they'll leave for brighter pastures and better opportunities.

I definitely hope the fandom makes more noise about this, but the way I see it GW is just going to burn their own bridge on this one. If they want to attract and KEEP talent, they'll want to treat their people well, and that includes crediting them for their work. 

Companies like Disney and Amazon have the same issue: a revolving door of people. They get attracted by the opportunity to work for big-name company, only to get milked for their work and then leave when they can't take it any more. 

Edited by RileyArlic
  • Like 6

In other news, the Soulblight Gravelords and Ossiarch Bonereapers Battletomes are gone from the GW store completely (minus the digital edition of course). 

The Flesh Eater Courts battletome is still present on the website. 

Several other sets are set as "No Longer Available" - likely for reboxing. The SBGL Start Collecting is also set as "No Longer Available". Maybe we'll finally see the Wight King on Steed sold separately? 

Edited by RileyArlic
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Billede

Billede

Let‘s just hope it‘s not directed by this guy though

image.jpeg.dd3f8bbfbc0e322532ac0b6e5497bcb4.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

In other news, the Soulblight Gravelords and Ossiarch Bonereapers Battletomes are gone from the GW store completely (minus the digital edition of course). 

The Flesh Eater Courts battletome is still present on the website. 

Several other sets are set as "No Longer Available" - likely for reboxing. The SBGL Start Collecting is also set as "No Longer Available". Maybe we'll finally see the Wight King on Steed sold separately? 

Are there currently any rumors that FEC is getting a rework? I have not been keeping up with this sort of stuff. 

4 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

Man, I hope so. I have been trying to get that guy for months (without having to buy the box). He's impossible to get on ebay where I live.

42 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Man, I hope so. I have been trying to get that guy for months (without having to buy the box). He's impossible to get on ebay where I live.

Yeah, it's beyond frustrating when a character is locked behind a bunch of models you don't want. 

So, hopefully we'll see a change-up of that... or he'll just be locked behind whatever Vanguard box comes out for the next 3 years :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

Yeah, it's beyond frustrating when a character is locked behind a bunch of models you don't want. 

So, hopefully we'll see a change-up of that... or he'll just be locked behind whatever Vanguard box comes out for the next 3 years :P

Yeah, it‘s a rude habit of GW to put new characters into expensive boxes, especially if they only give you a single mini in the update anyways. Feels like extorting your own loyal customers. 

Hope you guys can finally get him or the new stuff coming without that BS. 

since I will never own a single Lumineth (unless they release casualties!), I had to go the ebay route for my curseling as well back then…super annoying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I dont mind gw putting some models in a box so u can get the models early or start a new army with an awesome new hero. I do mind when they dont release the model as a single kit afterwards. Yes i play Nighthaunt (and putting all 3 in a box together doesnt count).

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

I like characters as being part of the unit box, like tiktacto in the 8e terradon  set or kroq gar in the carnosaur box, cause I'm greedy. I'm hoping we still get a big new Dino.  Something bigger than the steg and carnosaur.  The more sets that release, the less chance imho.  I don't see them doing like a 10 or 12 box update for seraphon/lizards. 

Unless it's something super special like a lord kroak or nagash I'm not a fan of a box just for a character.  It always seemed like an overpriced, waste. Most characters aren't unique enough or grand enough to warrant that imho. 

A mazdamundi.. sure. But even in 7e I hoped the maz optional parts would have been in the stegadon box. 

So I'm not thinking in terms of cost, ease, etc. Purely whatever this max number of new sets is.... and sadly stuff like the asteolith Bearer or Skink star hero take away what could be cooler,more impressive pieces.

Sf

Edited by StarFyreXXX
  • LOVE IT! 1