The Rumour Thread

Of all my AoS armies I reckon Sylvaneth are in a really sweet spot for model and unit variety. 

Petty much everything has a use and there's not too much overlap. Nor are there any glaring gaps in battlefield roles. You can realistically collect all the models without going bankrupt and then you're able to actually play all of them. 

As to next year... I'm excited to see what they do with cities mainly but also intrigued to see if anything new comes for seraphon. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xking said:

Anybody want to guess what's going to be released the first half of next year?

The slaves to darkness minis, a big update for flesh Eater courts, cities of Sigmar and a couple of single hero battletomes- I’d love to see a big update for Gitz but I’m worried they might be getting the single hero treatment along with KO.

Edit- also the new season of war with a big spider incarnate, two more warcry boxes and another Underworlds box set. I'm banking on the first 6 months of 2023 being as good as 2021. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The slaves to darkness minis, a big update for flesh Eater courts, cities of Sigmar and a couple of single hero battletomes- I’d love to see a big update for Gitz but I’m worried they might be getting the single hero treatment along with KO.

Edit- also the new season of war with a big spider incarnate, two more warcry boxes and another Underworlds box set. I'm banking on the first 6 months of 2023 being as good as 2021. 

With a Gitz Wave 2 this would be incredible. Im also hoping for 6 months of chock a block AOS like 21'!!

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I've lost track, which factions haven't had a 3.0 Tome yet?

I think I'd rule out Cities for first half of next year, think they'll drag it out for longer.

There are a few that always struck in my mind (Gitz, Beasts and Hedonites) but otherwise I tend to forget too. Looking at GW's website these still need Battletomes:

Order: Cities of Sigmar, KO, Seraphon.

Chaos: Beasts of Chaos, Blades of Khorne, Hedonites of Slaanesh.

Death: Flesh Eater Courts, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Soulblight Gravelords.

Destruction: Gloomspite Gitz.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freypal said:

Of all my AoS armies I reckon Sylvaneth are in a really sweet spot for model and unit variety. 

Petty much everything has a use and there's not too much overlap. Nor are there any glaring gaps in battlefield roles. You can realistically collect all the models without going bankrupt and then you're able to actually play all of them. 

As to next year... I'm excited to see what they do with cities mainly but also intrigued to see if anything new comes for seraphon. 

The numbers GW released regarding list diversity definitely benefit from some background knowledge. Some smaller armies like OBR and Fyreslayers look good numbers wise, but have historically only had a very limited amount of build options and are often unable to play a mixed arms list that actually looks like an army. On the other hand, some bottom performers such as Gravelords and Cities have had very diverse lists, and often high diversity within a single list.

Gravelords in particular is a faction where right after release people were saying that basically all units have a place. It's just that they also have kits like the mortis engine which builds three warscrolls, two of which are kinda borderline in terms of usefulness. But it just does not matter, because who really cares whether you call your ghost throne a Bloodseeker Palanquin or a Coven Throne at the end of the day?

It's good that GW care about internal balance and have a metric they are using as a goal. It's just a metric with limited usefulness when it is not backed by more in-depth game knowledge (which luckily, the AoS designers are showing they have with their recent metawatch articles and interviews).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

There are a few that always struck in my mind (Gitz, Beasts and Hedonites) but otherwise I tend to forget too. Looking at GW's website these still need Battletomes:

Order: Cities of Sigmar, KO, Seraphon.

Chaos: Beasts of Chaos, Blades of Khorne, Hedonites of Slaanesh.

Death: Flesh Eater Courts, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Soulblight Gravelords.

Destruction: Gloomspite Gitz.

COS is basically confirmed for next year and there are quite a few FEC rumour engines so they too may be getting a refresh.

There are 1 or 2 KO REs so Im worried they may be a single model release.

Really hoping FEC, Seraphon, BOC, Khorne and Gloomspite all get significant releases. 

Slaneesh I think will get the single model treatment alongside Soulblight.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah, I think this is probably right. For Hedonites I think that's fine: they have a great and mostly modern range and just need a Battletome that doesn't suck. It's mostly fine for Soulblight too, though a refresh of the Graveguard would be really nice.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Yeah, I think this is probably right. For Hedonites I think that's fine: they have a great and mostly modern range and just need a Battletome that doesn't suck. It's mostly fine for Soulblight too, though a refresh of the Graveguard would be really nice.

Personally I want a modern remake of the Vamp on Abyssal Terror. But I suspect a new SB Hero would be a Vampire Lord on Horseback, maybe tuned to have synergy with cav like the new Chaos Lord on steed and Kharkadrak rule, though not necessarily functioning exactly the same. I would really like it if the SB is a Sylvaneth style release though, remaking the Grave Guard and maybe adding a new unit alongside the new hero, but wouldn't be put out if it wasn't, as SB are in a decent place model-wise.

Hedonites are in a good position and again for a hero I think all they need is a mounted fighty character (unfortunately I doubt they will bring back the old-school boobsnakes).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Personally I want a modern remake of the Vamp on Abyssal Terror. But I suspect a new SB Hero would be a Vampire Lord on Horseback, maybe tuned to have synergy with cav like the new Chaos Lord on steed and Kharkadrak rule, though not necessarily functioning exactly the same. I would really like it if the SB is a Sylvaneth style release though, remaking the Grave Guard and maybe adding a new unit alongside the new hero, but wouldn't be put out if it wasn't, as SB are in a decent place model-wise.

Hedonites are in a good position and again for a hero I think all they need is a mounted fighty character (unfortunately I doubt they will bring back the old-school boobsnakes).

Fingers crossed for new Grave Guard, though!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Anyone has any rumours at all? Dont mind if it is not a reliable source. At least it is something to talk about XD.

The problem is that there are no AoS rumors at the moment while we know everything that will be released for 40k until next summer.

Ok there will be COS but 1) not for now and 2) we have no idea of their release date. And other than that, it's just guesses (Gloomspite, etc). Although we can start thinking about FEC with recent reactions from Whitefang.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Ok there will be COS but 1) not for now and 2) we have no idea of their release date. And other than that, it's just guesses (Gloomspite, etc). Although we can start thinking about FEC with recent reactions from Whitefang.

For what it's worth, some Whitefang reactions to Cities of Sigmar posts seem pretty specific. That could mean they might come out sooner than we expect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

The problem is that there are no AoS rumors at the moment while we know everything that will be released for 40k until next summer.

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

COS is basically confirmed for next year and there are quite a few FEC rumour engines so they too may be getting a refresh.

There are 1 or 2 KO REs so Im worried they may be a single model release.

Really hoping FEC, Seraphon, BOC, Khorne and Gloomspite all get significant releases. 

@Whitefang reacting to these 2 posts!!

• Like 1

Big DBC/CoS and then HoS/FEC/BoC/BoK get low effort updates with no new models. Followed by a bigger OBR/Seraphon second wave (in whatever order). GW forgets entirely about Gitz till 4th edition. Chorfs gets legended again (because why not). 😅 Insert some random warcry stuff.

8 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Fingers crossed for new Grave Guard, though!

I feel like they’ve been teasing us with the various other new skeleton kits; deathrattle, cursed city, underworlds, gnarlwood. It would be great if they update the classic and beloved grave guard to give them new models to match their warscroll. They’re my current most desired unit for an update 🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TechnoVampire said:

I feel like they’ve been teasing us with the various other new skeleton kits; deathrattle, cursed city, underworlds, gnarlwood. It would be great if they update the classic and beloved grave guard to give them new models to match their warscroll. They’re my current most desired unit for an update 🤞

10 versions of this please: 

B0904F18-E87B-4C3C-841B-30E2A08EA6BE.jpeg.1a6f0a96cf893d7810930562ebba5924.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1