The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I'm not knocking it, but call a spade a spade 

Screenshot_20221019-100104_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am not trying to bash u or anything. I just meant that while some models could be seen as comical it actually kind of isnt a reflection of the lore. Gitz are more along the lines of something straight out of a nightmare, cunning and brutal or the other way around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I am not trying to bash u or anything. I just meant that while some models could be seen as comical it actually kind of isnt a reflection of the lore. Gitz are more along the lines of something straight out of a nightmare, cunning and brutal or the other way around.

I think it's a case that the player's zeitgeist for gits is that they're the wacky faction that gets themselves crushed under their own weapons and aren't the brightest mushrooms in the cave. The actual lore could be much more horrific, but most people won't read that and will keep to a "meme-ified" version of the army that will self perpetuate in discussions online. 

Exact same thing with 40k Orks and Slaanesh. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

While there is not a single wrong statement in what you say, well, murder beach balls. They exist.

But seriously, the combination of horrific and comical is really neither new nor uncommon. Some of us are old enough to have grown up watching Gremlins and Critters, for example.

Edited by Grungnisson
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Im wondering if we should do a daily discussion in the Rumour Thread for unsolved Rumour Engines whilst there is such a lul in Rumours and Content. What does everyone think?

Could be fun, why not.

I also gave every AoS related warcom article a thumbs up from the last 3 months. Hope it helps in any way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think it's a case that the player's zeitgeist for gits is that they're the wacky faction that gets themselves crushed under their own weapons and aren't the brightest mushrooms in the cave. The actual lore could be much more horrific, but most people won't read that and will keep to a "meme-ified" version of the army that will self perpetuate in discussions online. 

Exact same thing with 40k Orks and Slaanesh. 

Have a read of Gloomspite, it really portrays the horrific nightmare that it is to fight the Gloomspite Gitz. Its something Stephen King and Clive Barker would be proud of! 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Have a read of Gloomspite, it really portrays the horrific nightmare that it is to fight the Gloomspite Gitz. Its something Stephen King and Clive Barker would be proud of! 

I think most factions in both AoS and 40k have two very different ways of viewing them. Either from the inside as a member or from the outside. I think for most Greenskins from the inside probably seem somewhat chaotic but also with the more comic funny side. From the outside they are the grimdark horror.

Someone mentioned Gremlins earlier, which I think is a great comparison. If you're a Gremlin you're just having fun and a laugh. If you're not a Gremlin then your worst nightmares are coming true.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 3

Underguts get an extra pip of rend to the ranged stuff. The ironblaster cannonball is 2 attacks 4,2, -2 rend d3+3 damage. The leadblechers get 2 d3 attacks when standing still instead of d6. It looks like shooting is a bit more reliable. 

Hungry and eating is the same. The lookout gnoblar is now -1 to wound on missile attacks. 

The ironguts weapon has 2 rend now but the rest of the profile looks to be the same. The down to the ironguts ability now lets them fight twice once per battle but the second time they fight last. 

Splatter cleaver can be taken by anyone now but the effect is the same. Heal d3 within 12 if you do damage with it. 

The death cheater big name gives a 5+ ward instead of one more wound. 

The tyrant and the gluttons look like they have the same weapon profiles as before. 

That's all I could get from the video. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have been happy about the development in the fluff around warcry Heart of Ghur with the crashed Seraphon ship and how it has been picked up in the Tzeentch BT (looks like Kairos played a part in attacking and bringing it down),  The latest WD on the Legionnaires also has fluff that Belakor is concerned there is something in there that can muck up burning skies/storms of chaos.  To me this is feeling similar to the Varonite that was in the previous edition of Warcry, which played a large role in kicking off the new narrative.

Also liked the mention of Gitmob in the Lumineth tome. 

• Like 2

Well this may not be our year for models but the Mortal Realms be eating well this year on literature. 📖 🥂 

Very nice to see it’s a set-up between Azyrites & Aqshyians. Despite how much the Azyrites have reconquered large portions of Aqshy they’re still very opposite people in their values(even color schemes of red vs blue like how Azyrites import the natural blue glowing stones from their realm to build their noble quarters with in Aqshy) and ways of life.

Aqshyians are even divided on how they see Stormcasts as being born in the Realm of Fire makes you naturally want to burn bright but die out fast like a flame which the immortal Stormcasts are anathema to and unfortunately makes them a perfect target for Khorne to corrupt with that mindset of great glory before being snuffed out. 🔥 

Only further stirring troubles between the natives of Heaven and the people of the flame lands.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Why is he called Held? -.- It's just the german word for hero or the past tense of to hold.

Apart from that Interesting.

(Story ends with him and his army dying but standing their ground against the golden demigods as Ildrid Stormsworn walks up to his body)

”A brave mortal warrior. Truly he-

(puts on blue sunglasses)

-Held the line.” 😎 ️ 

Sadly we’ll have to wait until the Audio version drops for the important background music to that.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Haha 3