The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

It does confirm there's a Battletome for Ogors in the release schedule (last paragraph of article) . I know we've speculated about it here a lot, but this is the first positive confirmation I think I've seen from GW. 

Haven't we already  seen the contents page? Which is how we know there are still Man-eaters despite the disappearance of the models.

Edited by EntMan

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

No Old World news yet.

Maybe now HH is released Thursdays will become Old World Thursdays instead?

My guess is Old world is waaaay off in the future,  like in 2025. That gives them a 4 year rotation cycle for new editions for thier large scale games, starting this year with Horus Heresy, 2023 with 40K, 2024 with AoS, and 2025 with the Old World. That way every year can be a "New Edition" release year, and everything edition resets on a 4 year cycle.  

• Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I don't play 40k (not since 1st!) so I'm not familiar with how the rules work. But I've been following the Votann chat on Bolter and Chainsword and it does seem pre nerf the Space Dwarves had rules which meant certain units could dish out tonnes of unblockable mortal wounds. The feeling seemed to be it was broken rather than just super over powdered.

oh that's for sure what I gathered as well from the discussion -I am only a very casual player on the 40k side. But the specific point on "GERMANY BANS VOTANN" was slightly blown out of proportion, that's the only bit of context I wanted to add

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I don't play 40k (not since 1st!) so I'm not familiar with how the rules work. But I've been following the Votann chat on Bolter and Chainsword and it does seem pre nerf the Space Dwarves had rules which meant certain units could dish out tonnes of unblockable mortal wounds. The feeling seemed to be it was broken rather than just super over powdered.

It more like should have wait to see if they where truely broken or that they identify some of the specific problems. Doing it prematurely and with just a blanket approach can cause more problem then they solve. Example is that the change really ****** one league main ability and create weird interactions with ability that proc on wound rolls.

it also doesn’t feel good that your army got change because the competitive scene felt they where broken before the release even happen and games where played.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, novakai said:

It more like should have wait to see if they where truely broken or that they identify some of the specific problems. Doing it prematurely and with just a blanket approach can cause more problem then they solve. Example is that the change really ****** one league main ability and create weird interactions with ability that proc on wound rolls.

it also doesn’t feel good that your army got change because the competitive scene felt they where broken before the release even happen and games where played.

I'm glad I'm just in it (40k especially) for the pretty toy soldiers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

Ok. After looking at the rumour engines, I'm calling it now. Next year we are getting fairly sizable  updates, as in at least Sylvaneth sized,  for Seraphon and FEC. This year has been a bit of a dud minis wise to the extent that I've put my money into non gw minis for the first time in a long time. Next year, however, is looking a lot more promising even if it is a 40k new edition year. 

Careful, lest we once again confuse wishes and hopes for rumours. I'd love to see FEC get a bigger release but I also remember FS and nothing much happened there at all. That said, FEC seem to be attract attention of a wider scale so perhaps GW could see more potential there.

On the other hand, sod it, FEC is going to return more glorious than ever. Hail to the King and Queen! Long may they reign over our fair and fertile lands! Onwards, brother/sister, to a brighter tomorrow!

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Now that we know that cursed city expansion minis dont have to be push fit, do you think Awlrach The Drowner might also be an expansion character? He would fit on the map in the docks area that we got with the original release. 

I don’t think so since he was release this year and not when curse city and Soulblight was released. The only models that would fit the time period would be the Ven denst. 

It possible that the last expansion was meant to have been a WD update that got push into a bigger expansion and not indicative of typical quest expansion and those hero where still not meant to be part of cursed city to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Any gossip about the book you've heard yet? Weighing up whether to sell off my stonehorn army I'm just finishing up, while they're perhaps still worth something. (And no, I didn't bother to magnetise the heads)

I mean you shouldn’t weigh your models base on rules as they are fleeting and change constantly 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

What did I miss? Any news on The Old World?

Nothing yet. WarCom preview last Sunday said there'd be Old World news on WarCom this week. We were getting ahead of ourselves that it'd likely be today. It wasn't.

Oh well, only one or two days to wait.

• Like 1