The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, EntMan said:

£30 for your Beast Smasher/King Brodd sprue.

Would've be better to keep the old kit and price and sell upgrade sprue(s) separately.

I imagine there's gonna be a lot of king brodd sprues for sale on ebay soon, whenever someone just wants the basic megas

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Do you think they’ll release the Rotmire Creed on their own at some point? (I’d like to pick up a few.)

I think this got missed in the price talk but yes, they will probably release the warbands separately as every other Warcry box set warband has been released by itself eventually

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Controversial point - but maneaters by virtue of being plastic, should not be the priority.

As a bloated scion of the everwinter though, I would eat brocoli for new yhetees and frost sabres. 

How does this kit still exist? 

s-l400-1.jpg

Plastic Maneaters? I was quite sure they were finecast

but yeah yhetees are awful and need new sculpts along with the butcher the most

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Let‘s hope so, it‘s my biggest wish for AoS. But I fear it‘s unlikely as they would be too elite for Warcry 🤔

You’re probably right…… maybe we’ll get some kind of chaotic story-tellers instead. Spreading the cult of Tzeentch through the corruption of legends and artifacts.

8 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Plastic Maneaters? I was quite sure they were finecast

but yeah yhetees are awful and need new sculpts along with the butcher the most

Maneaters are not only not plastic but can't even be purchased from GW anymore, they're all long gone.  Which makes them not getting new models slightly more of an issue than even yhetees for the moment.

32 minutes ago, madmac said:

Maneaters are not only not plastic but can't even be purchased from GW anymore, they're all long gone.  Which makes them not getting new models slightly more of an issue than even yhetees for the moment.

Never seen them in a game, or thought to write a list with them. I don't actually think they're in the official app anymore. I can honestly see them going to legends along with other characters like firebellies and slaughtermasters.

I mean, it happened to Greasus Goldtooth, and he was one of the coolest minis in the range.

Meanwhile, both yhetees and frostsabres are conditional battleline. Butchers too are widely used.

I mean the range is ancient. GW needs to move beyond doing quick rules 'patches' for struggling armies, and work on updating these minis. How they can continue to sell stuff like gorgers is beyond me.

• Like 1

Just now, Jagged Red Lines said:

Never seen them in a game, or thought to write a list with them. I don't actually think they're in the official app anymore. I can honestly see them going to legends along with other characters like firebellies and slaughtermasters.

I mean, it happened to Greasus Goldtooth, and he was one of the coolest minis in the range.

Meanwhile, both yhetees and frostsabres are conditional battleline. Butchers too are widely used.

I mean the range is ancient. GW needs to move beyond doing quick rules 'patches' for struggling armies, and work on updating these minis. How they can continue to sell stuff like gorgers is beyond me.

We've already seen the table of contents for the new book and they're in.
The reason nobody plays them is because the rules are terrible.
The models themselves actually had a ton of character, like the pirate who's parrot was a gnoblar cosplaying a parrot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Still in the app.Screenshot_20221003-205731.png.4d90483f27f87bd1856ef69302009be7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Controversial point - but maneaters by virtue of being plastic, should not be the priority.

As a bloated scion of the everwinter though, I would eat brocoli for new yhetees and frost sabres. 

How does this kit still exist? 

s-l400-1.jpg

Yehtees, Gorgers and Butchers are some of the worst looking models that GW produce. They desperately need updating.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Why are we assuming that seraphon will be in the next box? Narrative wise it would make much more sense for them to be last when the explorers actually reach tje crashed ship itself!

We know the name of the next box, and we've seen a picture of a Warcry Chameleon skink, literally the only upcoming Warcry model teased so far. All signs point to the next box being Seraphon for now.

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope its more than just a group of Chameleon Skinks. I really want some Saurus or a Kroxigor in there. Warbands usually have around 10 models of 'Troop' size though.

I'm sure they will. Every Warcry band is around 8-11 models, and also around 1200 points. I can't imagine an all Skink warband having enough power to be playable outside of the box, they'd need something like multiple 200+ point Chameleons to balance out the 3-4 basic chaff models.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope its more than just a group of Chameleon Skinks. I really want some Saurus or a Kroxigor in there. Warbands usually have around 10 models of 'Troop' size though.

Would be nice to see 5 chameleon skinks. Then 1 salamander/razordon, 3 handlers and a new hero of some sort. 

That's a pipe dream though 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

With how incredibly variable the new Rockgut Troggoth kit is, I bet they could do an incredible job with a duel Yhetee/Gorger box and turn gorgers into a unit like in total war Warhammer. A lean muscled frame, with head and weapon swaps and fur patches that sit right on the frame. That and a plastic butcher would be a dream come true! I have a creeping suspicion that the hunter is all we will see though. 

• LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Yehtees, Gorgers and Butchers are some of the worst looking models that GW produce. They desperately need updating.

After a long council meeting I have to inform you that the following (edit) *fantasy* parties would like to have a word:

Varghulf

Saurus Knights

Saurus Warriors

Salamanders

Demon Prince (Soon he‘ll be released)

Chaos Person (Slaanesh approved description) on Manticore

Dread Person on Black Dragon (aka obese, malformed, overbite snake)

Teclis (yes, you read that right. Take that tec-less!)

Edited by JackStreicher

19 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

After a long council meeting I have to inform you that the following (edit) *fantasy* parties would like to have a word:

Varghulf

Saurus Knights

Saurus Warriors

Salamanders

Demon Prince (Soon he‘ll be released)

Chaos Person (Slaanesh approved description) on Manticore

Dread Person on Black Dragon (aka obese, malformed, overbite snake)

Teclis (yes, you read that right. Take that tec-less!)

Not looking bad, but while we're at it, can we also do Spirit Hosts? So that they don't take five people to build?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

With how incredibly variable the new Rockgut Troggoth kit is, I bet they could do an incredible job with a duel Yhetee/Gorger box and turn gorgers into a unit like in total war Warhammer. A lean muscled frame, with head and weapon swaps and fur patches that sit right on the frame. That and a plastic butcher would be a dream come true! I have a creeping suspicion that the hunter is all we will see though. 

Ive always said a Dual kit Yehtee/Gorger kit would be incredible!!

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Ive always said a Dual kit Yehtee/Gorger kit would be incredible!!

The thing about not having decent yhetees and frostsabres is that the book becomes limited in building a viable army.

I'm convinced part of the reason we saw stonehorn spam in the last book was because very few people wanted to build an army with yhetees and cats.

Irongutzman did really well in tournaments with a yhetee-based winterbite army. I was thinking of doing the same, but I couldn't face having to buy and paint loads of those old minis.

Or else converting the army using rockgut troggoths and then having it invalidated a year later when they finally do update the yhetee miniatures. 

Keeping those kits in their current weird limbo really limits choices

• Like 1