The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Marauders, Marauder Horsemen, Chariots, Warshrine, Spawn, Mutalith Vortex Beast and Lord on Manticore are all the Fantasy leftovers that aren't getting replacements I think.

Has enough of the book leaked to know if they all make it into the new tome?

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Marauders, Marauder Horsemen, Chariots, Warshrine, Spawn, Mutalith Vortex Beast and Lord on Manticore are all the Fantasy leftovers that aren't getting replacements I think.

A strange one is the Chimera which has now become the unloved stepchild of Chaos that is more related to Warcry now. The reason I highlight it is because it is absent from the index but featured in one of the army images. 

Will Beasts of Chaos make it as coalition allies possibly for Ravagers?

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I feel each was listed on the index but I may have missed one or two. 

30 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Nope. The plastic chaos lord on dragon hasn’t arrived.

Very upsetting, very sad, very oh dear.

much upset and missed opportunity sat right there.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Reveals of already leaked models are the worst.

Edit: Dont like the armour paint job, something is off about all the heavy blue lines everywhere. The point of focus shifts from the mount or the rider to the armor plates imho.

Edit2: Model is great. 

Its to distract you from realising that gw still cant model feet to save their lives.

the mount’s feet look as awkward as the original storm cast star drake thingy.

other than that I’m loving the belakor green kaahhniggit.

Dont get me wrong, I’m buying him whatever as you cant have nearly 10k of slaves from across a decade or two and not have this dude.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

54 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Its a fun build!! Haven't painted yet though. 

Pro tip, sub assemble the two stair sides and top, the whole column area, and the fancy gearworks. It'll make your painting much easier!!

Oh, I actually really hate building normal stuff. 😇 It's because of my obsessive removal of flash and filling of holes/lines I think, I got an unhealthy relationship with perfectionism.

I actually already planned for not attaching the columns and main two parts but thanks for the pointer regarding the gear thing, I might've attached that. :)

8 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Nope. The plastic chaos lord on dragon hasn’t arrived.

Very upsetting, very sad, very oh dear.

much upset and missed opportunity sat right there.

Chaos dragons should become Tzeentch-exclusive anyways. 😎 ****** the lesser Chaos gods and S2D! This would be the absolute least GW could do for not giving us Sorcerer-Warriors and Forsaken already and I'm generous and extremely reasonable here. 😤😤😤 No, I'm not a petty man-child or anything. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Oh, I actually really hate building normal stuff. 😇 It's because of my obsessive removal of flash and filling of holes/lines I think, I got an unhealthy relationship with perfectionism.

I actually already planned for not attaching the columns and main two parts but thanks for the pointer regarding the gear thing, I might've attached that. :)

You can see the irony regarding perfectionism and our shared choice of chaos god right?

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Chaos dragons should become Tzeentch-exclusive anyways. 😎 ****** the lesser Chaos gods and S2D! This would be the absolute least GW could do for not giving us Sorcerer-Warriors and Forsaken already and I'm generous and extremely reasonable here. 😤😤😤 No, I'm not a petty man-child or anything. 

They should also bring back the scions of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! Particularly the war-Sphinx and tomb guard kits, as they’ve become so expensive to pick up second hand…..

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 2

I could see a Christmas time seasons of war release. Considering they said they want a new supplement every 6 months and the GHB was released early summer. The seasons of war are basically a less rules, more narrative version of GHB. I think Thondia came out at a weird time last year due to shipping issues. It would appear to make sense to do GHB, 6 months Season of war, 6 months GHB. 

From a marketing standpoint having a season of war holiday box wouldn’t be to bad of an idea! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Honestly the fact that the marauders aren't getting re-worked is my biggest and only disappointment with the new StD so far. Personally I think the marauders needed an update far, far more than the chaos warriors or knights ever did.

Sorry, that is my fault. GW will only release new marauder models the moment I have finished painting mine. I have 40 marauders which I need to finish painting but I keep getting distracted with other stuff.  I will try to focus on getting them done so that new sculpts will get released.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I could see a Christmas time seasons of war release. Considering they said they want a new supplement every 6 months and the GHB was released early summer. The seasons of war are basically a less rules, more narrative version of GHB. I think Thondia came out at a weird time last year due to shipping issues. It would appear to make sense to do GHB, 6 months Season of war, 6 months GHB. 

From a marketing standpoint having a season of war holiday box wouldn’t be to bad of an idea! 

Id love a new Seasons of War. I much prefer the narrative to AOS than rules and wish they would just pump out Lore books every quarter and forego rules!!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

You can see the irony regarding perfectionism and our shared choice of chaos god 

Oh, I‘ve accepted many years ago that I could very well end up Slaaneshi. I‘ve made my peace with it.  But it’s a waste of time to do things badly. It‘s realistically also quite difficult to be one-dimensional enough as a person to only reflect one of the Gods. ;) And if they don‘t release those Sorcerer-Warriors and a chaos dragon soon (for Tzeentch only of course 🤬), you‘ll see that I‘ve got a bit of a Khornate in me as well! So, where are my chaosgoddamned toys?!?!?

But I‘ve got nothing but contempt for cheap thrill-seekers*. Becoming good (or trying) at artsy stuff could be considered knowledge as well, right? Right??? 

* notable exception: Noise Marines (maybe led by „General“ Mike Patton for a KT? 🥰)

29 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Oh, I‘ve accepted many years ago that I could very well end up Slaaneshi. I‘ve made my peace with it.  But it’s a waste of time to do things badly. It‘s realistically also quite difficult to be one-dimensional enough as a person to only reflect one of the Gods. ;) And if they don‘t release those Sorcerer-Warriors and a chaos dragon soon (for Tzeentch only of course 🤬), you‘ll see that I‘ve got a bit of a Khornate in me as well! So, where are my chaosgoddamned toys?!?!?

But I‘ve got nothing but contempt for cheap thrill-seekers*. Becoming good (or trying) at artsy stuff could be considered knowledge as well, right? Right??? 

* notable exception: Noise Marines (maybe led by „General“ Mike Patton for a KT? 🥰)

Believe me @MitGas, I know how hard it is to stay loyal to just one "god" in the pantheon. I got into this hobby with the Thousand Sons, and have ended up building a Death Guard army and Slaanesh leaning Night Lords warband (They like scaring people so much it's become a drug in and of itself), too say nothing of my Dark-Mech and Slaves to Darkness plans (tzeentch and slaanesh). There's simply too much overlap between the gods in certain fields to stay loyal to just one..... plus they all look amazing when properly painted. 

The best thing GW could realistically do at this point imo is announce TOW is "coming soon" Leagues of Votann style. This way, we get Grand Cathay models, and we can just build our own warrior-scholars and chaos dragons.

The new world eaters look amazing, honestly my favorite article today was the berserker kit preview.

Also, I see your Noise Marines kill team and raise you one: The leader is named "Alvasse" (get it?).

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Believe me @MitGas, I know how hard it is to stay loyal to just one "god" in the pantheon. I got into this hobby with the Thousand Sons, and have ended up building a Death Guard army and Slaanesh leaning Night Lords warband (They like scaring people so much it's become a drug in and of itself), too say nothing of my Dark-Mech and Slaves to Darkness plans (tzeentch and slaanesh). There's simply too much overlap between the gods in certain fields to stay loyal to just one..... plus they all look amazing when properly painted. 

The best thing GW could realistically do at this point imo is announce TOW is "coming soon" Leagues of Votann style. This way, we get Grand Cathay models, and we can just build our own warrior-scholars and chaos dragons.

The new world eaters look amazing, honestly my favorite article today was the berserker kit preview.

Also, I see your Noise Marines kill team and raise you one: The leader is named "Alvasse" (get it?).

TBH I don't have a hard time with it at all but you have my sympathies. 😅 I'm so deluded (and old) at this point I'll never collect any army other than Tzeentch (that's 3 armies already with daemons, 1k Sons and Disciples anyways), it was harder back when mixing cult troops was a common thing. But small things like a KT or something else (like back when Gorkamorka was a thing) are still fair game for sure, I don't see that as a huge betrayal. I'd also buy an updated Arbaal cause I loved the old model back when I was a kid but ultimately time thankfully prevents me from starting multiple armies. I'm actually quite thankful for that.

Elvis is a good name too. Freddie would be a good fit too. You might not know Patton's work but trust me, there is no singer out there that would fit the part better as he's more versatile than any other singer I know and does make really messed up and noisy stuff from time to time. I'd recommend some songs to you but it's unlikely it's your kind of music.

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Another thought!! We had an AOS reveal Christmas 2020 and then 40K Christmas 2021 so we are due for an AOS reveal Christmas 2022!!

Maybe COS? Or was it supposed to be STD and that got shifted?

The box with the book is out before Christmas so I doubt StD were going to be the Xmas reveal. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I doubt we will we getting anything new for xmas with all the delays.

Didnt we also only get the battleboxes last year?

Edit: and a red gobbo and a plush.

We got sneaky little Eldar reveal as well for the new models.

Plus only 85 days till the Christmas Rumour Engine Advent Calendar.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Awesome then it means we may get something else.

With COS possibly out late 2023 what could it be?

i've been checking the Sisters of Battle unveiling and this was the calendar:

- Adepticon 2018 (March): Announcement (no images)

- warhammer fest 2018 (May): 3D render of Sister Tariana Palos mini

- Nova 2018 (August): 3D rendered heads

- Las Vegas Open 2019 (08 February): Announcement of the bulletin and 3D standard bearer reveal.

- Battle Sister Bulletin (18 Feb - Nov 2019). Full reveal of all the range.

- Battle Box launch november 2019

- Full range launch January 2020

-----------------

Dawnbringers were revealed on may 2022 with some 3D bits, and witch hunters and cursed city characters could be considered kind of a preview of  what its to come. So something like the sister bulletin that runs along next year until a battle box launch in november and the full range in 2023 its quite feasible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gotz said:

i've been checking the Sisters of Battle unveiling and this was the calendar:

If GW applies the same scheme to Cities of Sigmar, it would lead to a release around March 2024 (Sisters of Battle: announced late March 2018 / official release early January 2020 = 22 months between the two).

Someone had done a recap of the announcement stream at Warhammer Fest where they said the army would be released at the end of the edition. But I was told more recently that they weren't as accurate (more like "later in this edition").

So if there is a "Cities of Sigmar bulletin", it could start in April 2023 (for battle sisters, 1st bulletin mid-February 2019: 18 months before their release).

Either way, it's (too) long to wait…hoping at least a little snippet for the now regular January 1 previews.

• Like 1

With World Eaters and CoS being announced at the same time, both ranges are probably already finished. We're just seeing a lot more World Eaters stuff because they're the thing that leaked and GW is scrambling to cover it's bases. Hell, we probably wouldn't have seen any of the new Guard stuff yet if it wasn't for the leaks.

If we don't see them in 2023 I'd be very surprised.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Draznak said:

If GW applies the same scheme to Cities of Sigmar, it would lead to a release around March 2024 (Sisters of Battle: announced late March 2018 / official release early January 2020 = 22 months between the two).

Someone had done a recap of the announcement stream at Warhammer Fest where they said the army would be released at the end of the edition. But I was told more recently that they weren't as accurate (more like "later in this edition").

So if there is a "Cities of Sigmar bulletin", it could start in April 2023 (for battle sisters, 1st bulletin mid-February 2019: 18 months before their release).

Either way, it's (too) long to wait…hoping at least a little snippet for the now regular January 1 previews.

we could also take into consideration the Votann. Another really hyped faction from the olden days, that has had a much more fast and streamlined reveal than the sisters.

I think that its going to be something inbetween. For Votann they've been revealing models, lore and rules since the begining and for around 6 months.

But with CoS they started much like the Sisters teasing some bits, so I think a slower pace (around 10 months) could be possible. 

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

With World Eaters and CoS being announced at the same time, both ranges are probably already finished. We're just seeing a lot more World Eaters stuff because they're the thing that leaked and GW is scrambling to cover it's bases. Hell, we probably wouldn't have seen any of the new Guard stuff yet if it wasn't for the leaks.

If we don't see them in 2023 I'd be very surprised.

Yeah, they're probably finished, and sure they have some stuff in the backburner that needs to be shown first. Be it because of leaks or because its slated for earlier.

• Like 3