The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I noticed all the crushed bits are chaos related. Slaves to Darkness vs Sons of Behemet Battle Box? With a new Gargant hero inside? I hope I'm wrong, but the "new models locked in a battlebox" seems to be the modus operandi these days for GW. 

There is also khorne shield which is not properly undivided/slaves to darkness.

A new man crusher kit seems very likely and it could be in theory part of a dual box vs gloomspite or ogors.

I think the current man crushers box include 2 gargants at price tag of 100 €

• LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Gonna laugh if its just the foot of gork endless spell!🤣🤣

This would unironically be more exciting to me than a new gargant!  No shade to the gargants (I love them), but I just want Orruk Endless Spells THAT BADLY!!!

Edited by willange
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Gothmaug 

Yeah I can understand that especially when the four aelvan factions all get there own books. I also find it silly orruk players can't even ally in models in their own book without going big waaagh.... O_o

Exactly... I was so hyped when Kruleboyz were first revealed. And then this excitement dwindled more and more when it became clear that they would be souped with Ironjawz (which also made clear that Ironjawz wouldn't be getting anything new), that there would only be three subfactions... and the final rules in the tome kind of killed Orruks for me. 

Still think that Kruleboyz have amazing sculpts though.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lavieth said:

Now that would be an awesome addition to an Ogre Mawtribes book. Expand further into the lore of the Everwinter and its revealed to be the result of another God-like character who is connected to an element of destruction. It always seemed silly to me that Ogres were "followers" of GorkaMorka. I. Ant remember who said it earlier, but I'm really liking the idea of Ice Triggoths. How cool would that dual kit be? You could still build a unit of icefall yhettes as the faster low save option and the ice troggoths as a more tank unit. 

*grumbles* .... stupid Sylvaveth army taking up all my time. Lol.

I think the important part is that it represents faith in a way otherwise not present in AoS which is a representation of Animistic practices. It makes sense that the people's of destruction would worship gods of disaster with Gorkamorka functioning as a mythological hero that has encountered each of these gods of destruction. 

This way you have:

Order - polytheism 

Death - monotheism 

Chaos - corrupted form of pantheism

Destruction - animism 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

What if are two new kits?

King Brodd

New mini gargants

Excuse me mate but I may be on the verge of happy tears at this thought.

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

How exciting. So ready for a big new Character Kit for AoS. 

0A212AB0-7B1F-4137-A94B-E82EEF29CE3B.gif

THE HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES!!

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Congratulations @KingBrodd! of course this means that we'll expect a painted version of your new self to be posted on here once the kit comes out. 

Of all the factions to be updated, I hope OBR are the second to last. I don't have any good reason for this, but I just wish that we'd focus more on the "proper" undead/mortals of the grand alliance of death. I'd love to see some new ghouls for FEC, and updated Graveyard kit, and (of course) the return of certain units from LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! like the Ushabti and Necrosphinx. If the Cities of Sigmar can keep pretty much all the 8th edition kits, why can't the Tomb Kings live on? I know GW still has the moulds....

Thanks heaps mate really appreciate it!!

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

Much as I would love to see a King Brodd figure I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Matriarch Shaman/Witch Gargant

Oh mate why not make it another kit!! 3 build options with Brodd, Shaman and Matriarch!!

51 minutes ago, cyrus said:

There is also khorne shield which is not properly undivided/slaves to darkness.

A new man crusher kit seems very likely and it could be in theory part of a dual box vs gloomspite or ogors.

I think the current man crushers box include 2 gargants at price tag of 100 €

Im almost hoping for a new Mancrusher over a Mega!!

49 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I do think the Kruelboys are nice looking sculpts. But we already had two Ork factions out there that needed an update (bonesplitters) or an expansion (Ironjawz). Introducing Kreulboyz and smashing them together with the older orks was jsut a stopgap measure and tells me GW has no plans to really support or expand their older armies (as long as people are willing to buy new ones).

That said... I'm happy that the "Greenskinz" faction is basically back. I dislike GW carving out  tiny subfaction armies. Now if only the Gitmobs will come back as the technologic scavengers we call the Skygrots, and give me some siege weaponry for my greenskinz army!. Shoot, Hobgrots could be expanded into the Skygrots, why not?

Honestly despite only having like 7 kits Ironjawz feels like one of the most tightly designed armies in the entire game. You get everything you need, with no bloat. I don't know what you add to Ironjawz without it feeling unnecessary. Not that I wouldn't appreciate some new sculpts or anything though. New ardboy sculpts would certainly be nice, and personally I'd love to see the greenskinz boar riders brought back as 'ardboy gruntas or something as I really loved that kit and think it would still hold up, but the army doesn't really need that as a unit.
An interesting direction to take an ironjawz expansion would be to make a few new named characters, like a gordrakk equivalent clan head for bloodtoofs and da choppas. Maybe the bloodtoof boss could double as our grunta megaboss, and the choppas one could be a shaman/warchanter on a warshrine/chariot/new monster

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I adore this range with all my widdle destro heart. That being said, they could have just made them ironjawz with the old classic look BUT im glad they didnt because they are by far my favorite looking orcs. Hell I cant even look at the classic high fantasy GW orruks the same any more. I reeeellly dig the more realistic approach. The artist(s) behind them did a orcsome job indeed!!

Only complaint is that Id of like to have seen them become the "new" orc & goblins. You can see them across the line then they threw in hobgrots. I do like them as well but if they'd of been grots like on the sloggoth, killbow, and hero companions... oh boy, so much weeeeeeee!!!!

The kruleboyz models individually look really great, but when they got down to the rules its clear they struggled to make them a cohesive force. The models are pretty much just monsters and rank & file infantry, but the narrative is about being sneaky and tricky. So pretty much all the models we got are as far from being sneaky as you can get. They're lacking the in-between bits that should be the armies' bread & butter.
If they had dropped the sneaky & kunning narrative, and just stuck with them being particularly cruel, fighting battles like old greenskinz with tons of bodies and big beasties, while still using stuff like poisons and kidnapping people, it would've fit the models we did get better, but the faction would lose a lot narratively I think.
Kruleboyz could certainly be made strong with the existing models if they got a good rules rewrite, but they feel like they need a couple units that properly explore and represent the kunning aspects, like units built specifically for ambushing, and something that specializes in hit & run strategies, maybe a unit that sets traps etc.

• Like 2

Im so torn between wanting a new Mega and a new Mancrusher.

The Mancrusher is 17 years old at this point and when you have more than 1 on the Battlefield you wouldnt be remiss to think they were once in rank and file for the posing is almost identical.

Megas have movement to them even whilst having almost the entire body the same, they each have unique silhouettes and individual posing.

Not to mention the Mega is a beautiful sculpt, not saying the Mancrusher isnt but yoy definitely can see improvements in the newer sculpts.

If they updated the Mancrusher kit I would be a happy man as it means the entire range is modern. Not to mention if it contains as many build options as the current Mancrushers and given dynamic posing and sold in boxes of two? I would settle for that and not getting another kit for 4th Edition even!! 

On the other hand new Megas possibilites are endless and of course KING BRODD.

34 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think the important part is that it represents faith in a way otherwise not present in AoS which is a representation of Animistic practices. It makes sense that the people's of destruction would worship gods of disaster with Gorkamorka functioning as a mythological hero that has encountered each of these gods of destruction. 

This way you have:

Order - polytheism 

Death - monotheism 

Destruction - animism 

But Chaos isn't pantheism since pantheistic beliefs don't have any kind of personified deities. And the Chaos gods do have personality in spades. Chaos Undivided could be classified as pantheism but the big four don't fit that bill. 

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The Mancrusher is 17 years old at this point and when you have more than 1 on the Battlefield you wouldnt be remiss to think they were once in rank and file for the posing is almost identical.

Megas have movement to them even whilst having almost the entire body the same, they each have unique silhouettes and individual posing.

Not to mention the Mega is a beautiful sculpt, not saying the Mancrusher isnt but yoy definitely can see improvements in the newer sculpts.

If they updated the Mancrusher kit I would be a happy man as it means the entire range is modern. Not to mention if it contains as many build options as the current Mancrushers and given dynamic posing and sold in boxes of two? I would settle for that and not getting another kit for 4th Edition even!! 

When it comes to Gargants I'd love an in-between.
Keep the current mancrusher, maybe throw in an upgrade sprue or something
Throw an upgrade sprue into the mega kit
Create a new kit for an in-between gargant that would come in at ~250-320 points or something (either the cost of 2 babies or half a mega), maybe it could have some hero options.
The in-between gargant would add a lot more visual variety to the army, as you'd have a smoother progression from small to big.

21 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

When it comes to Gargants I'd love an in-between.
Keep the current mancrusher, maybe throw in an upgrade sprue or something
Throw an upgrade sprue into the mega kit
Create a new kit for an in-between gargant that would come in at ~250-320 points or something (either the cost of 2 babies or half a mega), maybe it could have some hero options.
The in-between gargant would add a lot more visual variety to the army, as you'd have a smoother progression from small to big.

A medium Gargant would be excellent. Though I would want those lads later down the line. Update the Mancrushers and give us an upgrade sprue for the Megas.

Mid Sized Gargants are a great addition to the range later on in AOS lifecycle.

48 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just gonna throw it out there that the wiz kids Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures giants scale very nicely with mancrushers and fit wonderfully on the appropriate base.

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Honestly despite only having like 7 kits Ironjawz feels like one of the most tightly designed armies in the entire game. You get everything you need, with no bloat. I don't know what you add to Ironjawz without it feeling unnecessary. Not that I wouldn't appreciate some new sculpts or anything though. New ardboy sculpts would certainly be nice, and personally I'd love to see the greenskinz boar riders brought back as 'ardboy gruntas or something as I really loved that kit and think it would still hold up, but the army doesn't really need that as a unit.
An interesting direction to take an ironjawz expansion would be to make a few new named characters, like a gordrakk equivalent clan head for bloodtoofs and da choppas. Maybe the bloodtoof boss could double as our grunta megaboss, and the choppas one could be a shaman/warchanter on a warshrine/chariot/new monster

I agree that the ironjawz don't need a large range expansion in terms of new units. The only slam dunk brand new kit I can think of is a megaboss on gore-grunta / unique character on gore-grunta (dual kit). However, ironjawz armies tend to use multiples of some of the core characters. It would be amazing of GW were to release alternate sculpts of a Weirdnob Shaman and a Warchanter. These can be released as event exclusive minis (ideally we would want them to be available for everyone and sold as part of the main line, but unfortunately that is unlikely to happen).   

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Vicar in a tutu said:

I agree that the ironjawz don't need a large range expansion in terms of new units. The only slam dunk brand new kit I can think of is a megaboss on gore-grunta / unique character on gore-grunta (dual kit). However, ironjawz armies tend to use multiples of some of the core characters. It would be amazing of GW were to release alternate sculpts of a Weirdnob Shaman and a Warchanter. These can be released as event exclusive minis (ideally we would want them to be available for everyone and sold as part of the main line, but unfortunately that is unlikely to happen).   

The only issue with MB on grunta is that it wouldn't distinguish itself as different from the MBoF or MBoMK, it would just be an in-between step, it would be nice to have but its not like the army needs it. If its primarily a unique unit they could take it somewhere interesting though, like a unique bloodtoof warboss that gets the MK version of Skull Splitting bellow (3- for -1 commands), and lets bloodtoof units run & charge, and choose to run if he issues mighty destroyers.
I'm always for multiple sculpts of things though, but its annoying that so many end up being locked behind events and paywalls. I would've loved that alternate swampcalla shaman.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

This way you have:

Order - polytheism 

Death - monotheism 

Destruction - animism 

Monotheism is a belief that there is only one god, rather than knowing there are many but only worshipping one. So I think Death would still be a kind of monogamous polytheism.

I don't even think KO's would be atheists, as far as I'm aware they wouldn't deny the existence of the gods, they just choose not to worship or serve any of them. Not sure if there is a word for that though? Religious relationship status: single?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

This way you have:

Order - polytheism 

Death - monotheism 

Destruction - animism 

I’d argue against Death being a completely monotheistic faction, as it’s been made clear that certain Godbeasts and “dead” gods are worshipped by various sub factions and the mortarches being treated somewhat like demigods. But otherwise this pretty accurate. 

I feel like a God of Blizzards/Storms would be a perfect hero to be tied to the Mawtribes aesthetically. Storms tend to consume the land around them, and the Beastclaw Raiders could use an expansion to make them a proper sub faction.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1