The Rumour Thread

I don't know where the echoes of doom name rumour cropped up, but I would be a mildly unusual box name cos they usually call to both factions in the name.  Have we had a book release without a dual box yet for 3.0?  I know a few tomes did in 2.0.

Next week's preorders are the DoK/Nighthaunt tomes, interestingly they do mention the DoK warscroll cards are coming but delayed, so clearly still some issues with their cardboard/printing supply lines.

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Absolutely monster week!! Fyreslayers fan can rejoice at a Vanguard box and seperate Magmadroth!!

DOK and Nighthaunt Tomes and Nighthaunt minis, that Trio boxed set is sure to make a lot of Nighthaunt players happy.

Idoneth Vanguard box is great too.

So much LOTR stuff as well!!

Looking forward to this interesting news for AOS!! 

The new IDK Vanguard Box is decent if still probably inferior to the old SC box for multiple purchases, but wow that Fyreslayer Vanguard box is awful. Even if they were the same price I'd tell any new Fyreslayer player to get the SC instead, much less paying more for worse.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I don't know where the echoes of doom name rumour cropped up, but I would be a mildly unusual box name cos they usually call to both factions in the name.  Have we had a book release without a dual box yet for 3.0?  I know a few tomes did in 2.0.

Next week's preorders are the DoK/Nighthaunt tomes, interestingly they do mention the DoK warscroll cards are coming but delayed, so clearly still some issues with their cardboard/printing supply lines.

The Echos of Doom isn't a rumour, that's what the battlebox is called. There is a pic a few pages back that states the name and lists the contents of the box. 

The name is fitting for both Skaven and Sylvaneth with the tree songs for the woodies and the rats fetish for bells. 

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

The new IDK Vanguard Box is decent if still probably inferior to the old SC box for multiple purchases, but wow that Fyreslayer Vanguard box is awful. Even if they were the same price I'd tell any new Fyreslayer player to get the SC instead, much less paying more for worse.

The start collecting fyreslayers box is now discontinued. 

As for new releases, damn that's a lot of beautiful stuff!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

The Echos of Doom isn't a rumour, that's what the battlebox is called. There is a pic a few pages back that states the name and lists the contents of the box. 

The name is fitting for both Skaven and Sylvaneth with the tree songs for the woodies and the rats fetish for bells. 

As for new releases, damn that's a lot of beautiful stuff!! 

Really feels like they pushed a lot of stuff out this week!!

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Oh, I'm well aware, and I bought my Fyreslayer army years ago this doesn't directly effect me. It's just a terrible crime for new players, and Fyreslayers could use all the new players they can get...

Edited by madmac

I could see there being a bit of a blend in the Horns of Hashut. The more lightly armoured guys have the appearance of foundry menials, with leather aprons and weapons that appear to be repurposed tools. The more elite guys have actual weapons and armour that seems to signify some cultic association.

It could be that there’s scope for human slaves/serfs to ‘move up’ from worker to auxiliary soldier. Or overseer. Possibly they’re meant to be the face of their unseen dark masters to the labouring masses, and so are given these bull-masks. Flails, scourges and flamethrowers seem like the kind of gear you’d use to put down a slave revolt.

That being said, there’s no doubt in my mind whatever about their own personal buy-in to the cult of Hashut, they would definitely be considered utterly expendable by their chaos dwarf masters, whether as labour force middlemen or as scout auxiliaries/‘pioneer’ troops.

5 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Not yet https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Start-Collecting-Fyreslayers

It went for a bit then came back, presumably as it was the only way to get the  the magmadroth.

Though I reckon now the magmadroth is going to be available on it's own the SC will go again, this time for good. 

49 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I'm really intrigued to see how they are going to handle Hashut in this new setting. In the Old World, he was very much just the god of Chaos Dwarves, but sort of hinted he could be a powerful Daemon rather than full god. 

I wonder if he'll be promoted to full chaos god along the lines of the Horned Rat?

Will he get his own Daemons, K'Daai style elementals, a greater Daemon/verminlord style avatar?

Could the real Dark Masters be something other than big hatted dwarves? Bull Centaurish mutant centaurs being how they look now?

So many possibilities, I cannot wait to see what they've got planned. 

I really hope that Hashut is now a full fledge god (even if he's considered a minor god), as that opens a rather influential door for the chorfs: Named daemons/daemon princes. Let's face it, if you don't have one of those then you're not really considered a chaos god (even Be'lakor is getting his own named champion in the next battle tome).

I think it's fair to say that the chorfs will still be styled on their Old World format: daemon-smiths and sorcerer-prophets at the top, then work their way down. 

30 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I could see there being a bit of a blend in the Horns of Hashut. The more lightly armoured guys have the appearance of foundry menials, with leather aprons and weapons that appear to be repurposed tools. The more elite guys have actual weapons and armour that seems to signify some cultic association.

It could be that there’s scope for human slaves/serfs to ‘move up’ from worker to auxiliary soldier. Or overseer. Possibly they’re meant to be the face of their unseen dark masters to the labouring masses, and so are given these bull-masks. Flails, scourges and flamethrowers seem like the kind of gear you’d use to put down a slave revolt.

That being said, there’s no doubt in my mind whatever about their own personal buy-in to the cult of Hashut, they would definitely be considered utterly expendable by their chaos dwarf masters, whether as labour force middlemen or as scout auxiliaries/‘pioneer’ troops.

Hobgrots: Middle-Men/promoters of Chaos Dwarf materials and weapons.

Horns of Hashut: Scouts/Favored slaves.

That sounds about right so far.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1

The new Fyreslayers vanguard likes the exciting element of the Magamdroth kit but honestly it's probably a solid one for building up infantry to bulk out some armies. I actually don't think the Deepkin one has a huge amount of value to it. It's fine but like the Start Collecting doesn't grab me.

Excited to see the Nighthaunt stuff starting to hit the shelves though

1 minute ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Not really, look how long it took them to release the Nighthaunt Necromancer from the Soul Wars box: GW just doesn't like the spooky bois.

Yeah but thats probably because they wanted to release them together with the Nighthaunt tome, GW likes their themed releases. 

Since I wouldn't expect the characters to just randomly show up in a preorder they will probably be released together with their Vanguard sets, maybe even as a part of them? (Thought that didn't happen for Fyreslayers/Idoneth)

Also the Fyreslayers/Idoneth ones took 10 weeks since their Battletomes so I would expect a similar waittime for Nighthaunt/DoK

13 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Lumineth Book after Skaven and Sylvaneth

OH DAMN!! I wonder if that means we will get another Temple release? Pachyderms and another Elemental Spirit.

Id doubt theyll release Tyrion here, most likely will come in 4th Edition with Lumineth against Malerions Aelves. 

It also means there are only Seraphon, COS and Kharadron for 3.0 left for Order.

Absolute madness to think we will have had 3 Lumineth Tomes in 2 years. 

Just now, Hawke said:

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think my white dwarf came early thanks to me renewing my annual sub.

Anyway here's a peak at the update (sorry for my potato camera)20220508_192530.jpg.48f0d5997bd16b3ef1d6e80d6e9df371.jpg

Of course I forget to rotate the image... sorry about any cricked necks I've caused!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think my white dwarf came early thanks to me renewing my annual sub.

Anyway here's a peak at the update (sorry for my potato camera)20220508_192530.jpg.48f0d5997bd16b3ef1d6e80d6e9df371.jpg

Huh interesting, so you're somewhat incentivized to save up your points. I don't know how well that works though considering the bonuses are small, and your units are still overcosted to compensate for the summoning which you're now delaying. I guess it makes it more attractive to save up for that big summon maybe?

Also, yeah, my neck....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Fyreslayer box is pretty meh for what is an already absurdly expensive army even by GW standards and it's going to sting if the Magmadroth goes back to being £50.

Frankly also a bleak visual of the FS range being just a homogenous mass of identical naked dwarves.

Also a third Lumineth book in 2 years is so utterly stupid that it goes from being a bad joke back to being quite funny in its ridiculousness. “New Lumineth books will continue to be released until morale improves”.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1