The Rumour Thread

23 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Most of the old Underworld warbands are "Last chance to buy". (Shadespire, Nightvault & Beastgrave)

Interestingly, Kharadron and Sylvaneth are not among them while the Direchasm starter bands are. I wonder if that means anything.

• Like 1

Some are pointing to the Stormbringer Magazine having the Profiteers and Revenant Guardians which might be a reason for them keeping the warband in full production.(the magazines have the Ironskulls too but with the Orruks having another Ironjawz warband as well that might’ve been what did them in)

Sylvaneth & Kharadron popularity along with the upcoming tree-people battletome and Kharadron being good Votann kitbash models could’ve affected it too.

Kin are looking good for kitbash opportunities for a number of factions of the art is anything to go by. 👀

Also I want that Horus Heresy Praetor for some big Stormcast Retributor Hero kitbashes.

ka0mkw7d8qt81.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg
Stormcast Apotheosis example I’m basing him on:

ptib2wtd4ss81.jpg?width=2457&format=pjpg
hctf5ytd4ss81.jpg?width=2468&format=pjpg(mad lad used a Protector’s glaive tip as a grand blade. Marvelous!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Some are pointing to the Stormbringer Magazine having the Profiteers and Revenant Guardians which might be a reason for them keeping the warband in full production.(the magazines have the Ironskulls too but with the Orruks having another Ironjawz warband as well that might’ve been what did them in)

Sylvaneth & Kharadron popularity along with the upcoming tree-people battletome and Kharadron being good Votann kitbash models could’ve affected it too.

Kin are looking good for kitbash opportunities for a number of factions of the art is anything to go by. 👀

Also I want that Horus Heresy Praetor for some big Stormcast Retributor Hero kitbashes.

ka0mkw7d8qt81.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg
Stormcast Apotheosis example I’m basing him on:

ptib2wtd4ss81.jpg?width=2457&format=pjpg
hctf5ytd4ss81.jpg?width=2468&format=pjpg(mad lad used a Protector’s glaive tip as a grand blade. Marvelous!)

Zarbag and Mollog are in collection too. I don't think Stormbringer magazine weight in the decision of what warbands are rotating

26 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Kinda weird GW hasn't announced summer battletomes yet. I hope they don't get delayed to August...

The battletomes are released at the end of the Q... So, if you are expecting the Skaven battletome, the release date of that book is more near September than July.

Yes, what we can expect for AoS right now is:

• May: DoK and NH battletomes (mid to end of month)
  • June: Summer BattleBox for the expected Sylvaneth vs Skaven
  • July: New GHB 2022
  • August: Nothing
  • September: Sylvaneth and Skaven battletomes

So we have the period of October, November where we might have another two battletomes, as the finals of November and all the December is focused in Christmas deals.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, japaricio said:

So we have the period of October, November where we might have another two battletomes, as the finals of November and all the December is focused in Christmas deals.

This is perhaps the most depressing news I’ve had all week. I don’t wanna wait that lonnnggg.

1 hour ago, japaricio said:

DoK and Nighthaunt battletome could go on preorder even the upcoming saturday, while Skaven and Sylvaneth by the end of june .

Skaven and Sylvaneth battlebox could be end of may/beginning of june .

3 hours ago, japaricio said:

Also probably Fyreslayers and Idoneth Vanguard sets since their Start Collecting are already gone

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Also probably Fyreslayers and Idoneth Vanguard sets since their Start Collecting are already gone

They'll need to do something as with the removal of SC Fyreslayers the Magmadroth is currently unavailable from GW.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EntMan said:

They'll need to do something as with the removal of SC Fyreslayers the Magmadroth is currently unavailable from GW.

Thats why I expected to see the Vanguard sets the week after the SC where removed but its been 3 weeks and nothing yet.

Just another day Fyreslayers get shafted by GW

Edited by Matrindur
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ogregut said:

So tempted by the Ash waste box, the models are amazing but the big news is Gloomspite is becoming an audio book. 

I missed the print book and its meant to be really good. 

I got a digital copy on black library. It's super good. Not just the story, but the writing is solid and rarely relies on the reader knowing outside lore.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

So tempted by the Ash waste box, the models are amazing but the big news is Gloomspite is becoming an audio book. 

I missed the print book and its meant to be really good. 

Gloomspite is my favourite AOS novel. Its ****** incredible I always recommend it!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/24/sunday-preview-head-out-on-the-highway-with-necromunda-ash-wastes/

Necromunda Ash Wastes up for Pre Order next weekend and new Necromunda mini being shown off tomorrow with Horus Heresy on Thursday.

Why must they tempt me with so many big boxes? I still haven't saved up for Thondia yet!

End of May for Daughters of Khaine and Nighthaunt would be a very generous albeit 'correct' interpretation of 'Spring' which was the time slot GW called for both factions. Sounds just like what they'd do. 

Edited by Maogrim

4 hours ago, Ferban said:

I got a digital copy on black library. It's super good. Not just the story, but the writing is solid and rarely relies on the reader knowing outside lore.

Oh cool! The author has done work on the new squats and I was wondering how good a writer he is! 

4 hours ago, Maogrim said:

End of May for Daughters of Khaine and Nighthaunt would be a very generous albeit 'correct' interpretation of 'Spring' which was the time slot GW called for both factions. Sounds just like what they'd do. 

Spring doesn't end until the 20th of June so the books could go on prerelease anytime up to and including then. 

From what I can remember that's been announced, this is what's left. 

Chaos knights 

Easterlings 

Daughters and Nighthaunt 

Have I missed anything?