The Rumour Thread

I just saw that Slaanesh are getting an update next month. Assuming Skaven and Slyvaneth are the next battletomes, that just leaves 5 armies without a third edition update.  So we will probably have ever army with something by the end of the year. 

All that means that next year's battletomes could be anything. After this year's lull I'm very curious to see what the next big release will be. 

• Like 1

There is a big chance that next edition of 40k hit the shelves in 2023 so GW will probably publish new Psychic Awekening / Broken Realms style campaign before that. 

Monthy battletomes for AoS are almost given in that scenario.

Edited by Nuriel

13 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'll admit as a lifelong cat owner my eyes have a bias on identifying those shapes as cats immediately, but on top of the excerpt @Baron Klatz posted being a mechanical reason, it'd be a simple way of creating a Witch Hunter for AOS that isn't entirely a throwback to Old World. 

They definitely could be cats (as a lifelong dog and cat owner, I do agree with you the silhouettes definitely look more like cats), and you are right that it could be a way to distinguish AoS Witch Hunters from those of the old world. My first thought was that they were probably dogs, because they are often seen with Old World Witch Hunter bands. It's kind of hard to say though with AoS. I feel some factions are totally turned on their heads/wild totally new ideas (Kharadon, Idoneth, etc). and others are just doubling down on Old World style (Fyreslayers, Chaos, Most of Soulblight, etc).

Either way I'm really excited to see some Witch Hunters (or just Order Humans in general) in Underworlds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I just saw that Slaanesh are getting an update next month. Assuming Skaven and Slyvaneth are the next battletomes, that just leaves 5 armies without a third edition update.  So we will probably have ever army with something by the end of the year. 

All that means that next year's battletomes could be anything. After this year's lull I'm very curious to see what the next big release will be. 

First WD update for 3th edition was in august 2021 with Sons of behemat.

May WD update is Slaanesh , June/july is most probably Skaven and Sylvaneth battletomes , probably there will be other two WD updates in June and July .

By august 2022 there will be only 3 armies without a 3th edition update.

Based on past rumor engines Fec and Tzeentch could have at least a new mini with battletomes .

Spoiler

2020-05-05.jpg

2021-04-27.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuriel said:

There is a big chance that next edition of 40k hit the shelves in 202,3 so GW will probably publish new Psychic Awekening / Broken Realms style campaign before that. 

Monthy battletomes for AoS are almost given in that scenario.

****** I cant believe July next year will be 3 years of 9th already. I know Julys still 3 months off but still!! Jan-May next year is going to have to be chock full of AOS.

1 hour ago, Sabotage! said:

They definitely could be cats (as a lifelong dog and cat owner, I do agree with you the silhouettes definitely look more like cats), and you are right that it could be a way to distinguish AoS Witch Hunters from those of the old world. My first thought was that they were probably dogs, because they are often seen with Old World Witch Hunter bands. It's kind of hard to say though with AoS. I feel some factions are totally turned on their heads/wild totally new ideas (Kharadon, Idoneth, etc). and others are just doubling down on Old World style (Fyreslayers, Chaos, Most of Soulblight, etc).

Either way I'm really excited to see some Witch Hunters (or just Order Humans in general) in Underworlds.

So far, the new Witch Hunters we got have been in a pretty classic style:

Spoiler

wr-624-500x500.jpg

99120202037_AoSGalenDoraliaVenDenstLead.

I think their general look will stay pretty similar to this. I don't really see them getting super weird with the Order of Azyr. However, giving a Witch Hunter warband cat companions is not really out of the realm of possibility. That's just taking the setting seriously. Plus, you just know that a little kitty cat miniature would be an instant fan favourite.

EDIT: If we do get a witch hunter cat companion, I am putting Doralia's spare witch hunter hat on it. You can't stop me.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, cyrus said:

First WD update for 3th edition was in august 2021 with Sons of behemat.

May WD update is Slaanesh , June/july is most probably Skaven and Sylvaneth battletomes , probably there will be other two WD updates in June and July .

By august 2022 there will be only 3 armies without a 3th edition update.

Based on past rumor engines Fec and Tzeentch could have at least a new mini with battletomes .

Hide contents

2020-05-05.jpg

2021-04-27.jpg

I'm pretty sure that chaos symbol is from the new Warhammer+ subscriber mini. That said Tzeentch is a prime candidate for a book plus single mini release. The blue scribes in plastic would be cool. Fec is an army that could do with a bit more attention but could easily suffer the fate of the Fyreslayers. 

Gloomspite are in a terrible state bookwise but in a pretty good state miniwise. I could see them getting a larger release though as they are extremely popular despite being arguably the worst performing army in the game. 

Mawtribes are in the running for a big update and Lumineth have their much rumoured third temple. I could see those being the next  5 books after Skaven and Slyvaneth. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

+++ MOD HAT ON +++

Gender, Race and every form of representation is very important, back to Rumours.

This is a game based on European mythos, I mean you basically have Sigmar as Zeus/Thor.  What would it be like if I moved to another country and demanded they make games to represent me? Serious question. I don't want to change what I like just to make someone else happy I'm sorry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16

3 minutes ago, vorathian said:

This is a game based on European mythos, I mean you basically have Sigmar as Zeus/Thor.  What would it be like if I moved to another country and demanded they make games to represent me? Serious question. I don't want to change what I like just to make someone else happy I'm sorry.

Just open a new thread, dude.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm pretty sure that chaos symbol is from the new Warhammer+ subscriber mini. That said Tzeentch is a prime candidate for a book plus single mini release. The blue scribes in plastic would be cool. Fec is an army that could do with a bit more attention but could easily suffer the fate of the Fyreslayers. 

Gloomspite are in a terrible state bookwise but in a pretty good state miniwise. I could see them getting a larger release though as they are extremely popular despite being arguably the worst performing army in the game. 

Mawtribes are in the running for a big update and Lumineth have their much rumoured third temple. I could see those being the next  5 books after Skaven and Slyvaneth. 

New warhammer + subscriber mini should be a undivided chaos sorcerer

2020-03-17.jpgAVvXsEhlgznU0RCntgczRVvj-JwFvndG8nxFrXGv

warhammer-plus-free-models-2022-trailer-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I really really really am hoping for a significant Mawtribes update this Edition.

• Like 1

CSM is going have a bigger focus on cultists/possessed and those silhouettes instinctively makes me think of 40k.

Got that dark mechanicus/hive world vibe. The model has what looks like mecha tendrils, wires, the hood adds to the dark mecha/hive world/priest aesthetic.

1 hour ago, vorathian said:

++Mod Hat++ 

As has been mentioned multiple times on the thread by other mods, drop the topic. Normally I would recommend starting another topic in the case of off topic discussion, but in this case I cannot see this particular comment producing a worthwhile thread that wouldn't have to be quickly  locked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

Can't wait for today's tease even though it'll just be another lore blurb. 

Really enjoyed yesterday's one, it gave me some proper Lovecraftian vibes especially with that artwork. 

Is it established yet if the shadow demons are actual chaos demons or another force entirely? I really like and hope for the thought that there are things even the chaos gods don't understand. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Can't wait for today's tease even though it'll just be another lore blurb. 

Really enjoyed yesterday's one, it gave me some proper Lovecraftian vibes especially with that artwork. 

Is it established yet if the shadow demons are actual chaos demons or another force entirely? I really like and hope for the thought that there are things even the chaos gods don't understand. 

I’m just hoping it’s actually building to a proper reveal, and not just like 1 model tomorrow. 

Sometimes I think this staggered hype thing that GW does draws attention to the fact there aren't many releases and diminishes hype from the product. I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up, but the more "nothings" we get hyped for, the more it seems like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for AoS.

Personally, I'd love some witch hunters.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I’m just hoping it’s actually building to a proper reveal, and not just like 1 model tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Sometimes I think this staggered hype thing that GW does draws attention to the fact there aren't many releases and diminishes hype from the product. I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up, but the more "nothings" we get hyped for, the more it seems like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for AoS.

Personally, I'd love some witch hunters.

I think we will probably get art teasers for all the leaked warbands, since we saw Skaven, shadow elves and witch hunters already.

But I suspect this will be another "Red Harvest" situation, where they tease mysterious new stuff like it will actually be important when it's really just another new starter set for a spin-off game that doesn't relate to anything substantial.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'll admit as a lifelong cat owner my eyes have a bias on identifying those shapes as cats immediately, but on top of the excerpt @Baron Klatz posted being a mechanical reason, it'd be a simple way of creating a Witch Hunter for AOS that isn't entirely a throwback to Old World. 

Sorry but those are dogs :D

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

With it being a long Easter weekend, we might not get much tomorrow beyond them comfirming Skaven are now Rabbits, not Rats. 

The Easter weekend shouldn’t stop articles because they’re most likely scheduled, or can be scheduled if no one is working.