The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Stuff from the live panel seems to indicate that Season of War is maybe our version of the 40K Warzone books which is a separate entity from chapter approved/ GHB

Oh? Is there much Lore in the Warzone books or is it mostly rules?

I'd say they wanted to save some Reveals for Warhammerfest in May. It's not that far away and makes the wait seem less between reveal and release of the Summer Tomes. Who knows they may reveal Sylvaneth and Skaven with a Nighthaunt style release for Sylvaneth and a massive update for Skaven!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Stuff from the live panel seems to indicate that Season of War is maybe our version of the 40K Warzone books which is a separate entity from chapter approved/ GHB

Even more disappointing now that GW has axed their digital rules... Are those still legitimate rulesets or did newer ones replace older?

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh? Is there much Lore in the Warzone books or is it mostly rules?

I'd say they wanted to save some Reveals for Warhammerfest in May. It's not that far away and makes the wait seem less between reveal and release of the Summer Tomes. Who knows they may reveal Sylvaneth and Skaven with a Nighthaunt style release for Sylvaneth and a massive update for Skaven!!

I've not picked up the 40k ones but I believe from the contents pages that Warzone Octarius part 1 was at least 20% lore and Warzone Charadon part 1 was around 35-40% lore. So there should be a reasonable amount. It's also worth noting that Octarius part 2 also advanced the lore of the 40k setting 

Spoiler

with Tyranids killing the Overfiend of Octarius and beginning to mop up the remaining Orks in the aftermath as well as the Imperial forces sent to try and prevent the Orks from losing and continue the stalemate. This begins to wrap up a plot point first introduced in 2008's Codex Orks. Obviously it's still and active warzone, space is very big, but the implication is Hive Fleet Leviathan might start to move onto the rest of the galaxy again.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

I've not picked up the 40k ones but I believe from the contents pages that Warzone Octarius part 1 was at least 20% lore and Warzone Charadon part 1 was around 35-40% lore. So there should be a reasonable amount. It's also worth noting that Octarius part 2 also advanced the lore of the 40k setting 

Hide contents

with Tyranids killing the Overfiend of Octarius and beginning to mop up the remaining Orks in the aftermath as well as the Imperial forces sent to try and prevent the Orks from losing and continue the stalemate. This begins to wrap up a plot point first introduced in 2008's Codex Orks. Obviously it's still and active warzone, space is very big, but the implication is Hive Fleet Leviathan might start to move onto the rest of the galaxy again.

Thanks mate!! I have no love for rules as a hobbyist but the lore and models are what make me love Age of Sigmar. I'm so excited to see what's the next step in the story!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think doing a Skaven update justice would require it to be about the size of the Soulblight Gravelords release. GW would probably want to take the opportunity to remove all metal and resin from the range, which would mean redoing a lot of characters, the weapons teams and the Skryre Acolytes. Then, they would probably want to refresh the Night Runners sculpt at a minimum, maybe Clan Rats or Plague Monks as well. It sounds like a lot, but Soulblight had five unit refreshes, four small characters, two medium characters and a monster. I think it's within the realm of possibility that the Skaven range could be completel refreshed with enough room for a few new Eshin kits.

If the Skaven update is on budget mode, I would expect something like Nighthaunt is getting: A few heroes and a new unit. So Eshin skirmishing infantry, an assassin hero and one more thing. It's not what Skaven need, but it is possible.

For Sylvaneth, their model range is not too bad. I would much rather see them get the smaller update rather than Skaven. It would definitely be possible to establish an insect or Kurnothi subfaction within Sylvaneth with just a few kits. But I fear it will be the other way around: Skaven get the minimum and Sylvaneth get the equivalent of Lumineth wave 2. Just a hunch, though.

I think Skaven might need to be a new edition army to truly get done justice.

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Just saw this. There are a whole bunch of Soulbound books on humblebundle. 

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-age-sigmar-soulbound-cubicle-7-books

Even if you aren't interested in playing the game there is a lot of great lore and art in these books. 

Nice one Chikout! I don't play but definitely want that juicy art and lore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Curious what people think the new boat guy is going to cost. Vince V threw out ~$100 USD last night. That seems a bit out of line. I'm sure hoping it is more like the Vengorian Lord price point of $65.

Wow that would be insane. But I can see GW forgoing having to do a separate price rise in October and jump in with some inflation busting models. 🙁

In a bit of a reverse, I’ve now seen the announcements and preview show. Overall I liked it. Lots of cool stuff coming out over the next four months or so and I’m very excited about Heresy (my wife tells me off about talking about it now and I’m not allowed to show the trailer!).

I think some good things were shown for AOS however I can see why some people are a bit grumpy. But if you look at 40K in the show, they got two codexes, a chaos knight and a teaser about Chaos Marines. 

I like how AOS is still in the era of the beast and Ghur as I did have concerns that things would shift this year which isn’t great as a lot of people didn’t get chance to play a lot last year. Also it fits in the timeline I have in my head where we will get DOK and Nighthaunts by end of May and the Chaos and Order teasers will be in September. I really think there’s production issues for GW and more so with AOS. I think we just got used to a high pace of releases and expect to see that now but if I’m honest, I like the pace we have now as it gives chance to enjoy and focus on what we are collecting, painting and playing with.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Yes they definitely held a lot back- even for 40k there's nothing on Killteam or their new war zone and they have the Chaos and Heresy stuff to reveal then. Plus Cursed City expansions and Warcry has been quiet fr a while too. 

I'd say there will more be more then, they have almost caught up with the January sneak peek trailer with the Chaos Knight and the Ashe Wastes.

Loved the Nighthaunt character - looks very appealing as a hobby project. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

In a bit of a reverse, I’ve now seen the announcements and preview show. Overall I liked it. Lots of cool stuff coming out over the next four months or so and I’m very excited about Heresy (my wife tells me off about talking about it now and I’m not allowed to show the trailer!).

I think some good things were shown for AOS however I can see why some people are a bit grumpy. But if you look at 40K in the show, they got two codexes, a chaos knight and a teaser about Chaos Marines. 

I like how AOS is still in the era of the beast and Ghur as I did have concerns that things would shift this year which isn’t great as a lot of people didn’t get chance to play a lot last year. Also it fits in the timeline I have in my head where we will get DOK and Nighthaunts by end of May and the Chaos and Order teasers will be in September. I really think there’s production issues for GW and more so with AOS. I think we just got used to a high pace of releases and expect to see that now but if I’m honest, I like the pace we have now as it gives chance to enjoy and focus on what we are collecting, painting and playing with.

I'm really looking forward to Seasons of War Thondia!! I'm hoping it's the first of a series of narratives exploring different regions of Ghur if not all the Realms.

7 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yes they definitely held a lot back- even for 40k there's nothing on Killteam or their new war zone and they have the Chaos and Heresy stuff to reveal then. Plus Cursed City expansions and Warcry has been quiet fr a while too. 

I'd say there will more be more then, they have almost caught up with the January sneak peek trailer with the Chaos Knight and the Ashe Wastes.

Loved the Nighthaunt character - looks very appealing as a hobby project. 

I agree. I think at Warhammerfest we will probably see the new Warcry Edition with 2 new Warbands, new boxed set for Underworlds with the rumoured Malerion Aelves and Witch Hunters, the Summer Tomes of Skaven and Sylvaneth revealed and a teaser for Cursed City expansions.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

New article about the Incarnate, but beastmen and orruks working together?

Screenshot_20220325-093252_Chrome.jpg

Yeah you cut out the follow up context :P

"Worryingly, this epic battle was against a single incarnate – and these primordial spirits are now popping up throughout Ghur, gobbling up endless spells and arcane power, turning noble warriors into beasts and beasts into insensate fiends."

On one hand, I enjoy the fact that the Realms are so dangerous while factions can still work together. On the other, only a top-tier Stormcast being able to resist this feels like there must be a countermeasure in the book--how would Dawnbringer Crusades in Ghur even survive this?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Just read the whole thing. So Incarnates eat Endless Spells... this sounds like the end of Endless Spells, to me, as a gameplay mechanic.

Could be, but to me I read that as them doubling down on endless spells, as it seems like the incarnates will interact with them in some way on the game table. Could be a mixture of both though and by 4th edition endless spells might be phased out as they've all been eaten...

• Like 2

That Lore snippet of a single Incarnate being a struggle for Yndrasta has me so excited!! What else will the Crusades come across in the Realm of Beasts!? A new Mawpath perhaps!? 

It also sounds like it could be releasing quite soon, sometime in April I'd wager.

I'd also like to point out that none of the leaks and rumour mongers had alluded or seemed to know about this pretty big deal for AOS at all, I have doubts in that Rumour that the next 2 Tomes are the last of the year for AOS.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Could be, but to me I read that as them doubling down on endless spells, as it seems like the incarnates will interact with them in some way on the game table

That's a good point I'd not considered.