The Rumour Thread

Just now, Overread said:

Just to note that FW don't do anything any more - GW central does all the rules. It's on them if they don't do anything with the FW models. That said considering that the AOS line has been utterly gutted and about the only thing they've kept are the shared models (Greater demons) and the goblin stuff (which was about the only FW models to actually get any marketing on the community pages when the Gloomspite Gitz book went live); I think that GW just kinda pretends that FW doesn't exist for Age of Sigmar. 

yup I'd totally agree with that.

Its like the khorne dragon. Every week I'm just about to buy the wee fella and then I pull back, I really should treat myself for crimble, as he'll look awesome with the three exalted thirsters I've got - which I may add, I use as regular because plastic leaping kitty thirster is a pile of dog toffee- when they could have just given us a plastic exalted and made us all proud to take skulls.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

It would be interesting to see what if anything (why am I even typing this of course they won't!) forgeworld do with their exalted greater daemons.  By this reckoning the exalted thirster should be an absolute 1000pt wrecking ball of omigod

I just noticed that all Forgeworld Chaos models already got the the full faction keywords (Maggotkin of Nurgle in addition to just Nurgle etc.), that means they will still be able to use all the buffs etc with a new battletome which is good news I think. 

Still keep my fingers crossed that the Khorne Dragon can get any kind of permanent ward save via Bloodtithe or something like that when  a new BT drops  😉

• LOVE IT! 1

to fulfill criteria of all centrepiece heroes and so they can say the model is 10cm tall she will obviously be standing on a rock which is actually the top of the pillar that the mountain of bodies (preferably elfs) is piled up against yes?

When I saw you quoting me I was more or less certain that it'd be about her not smiling 😂

Well, I guess she'd probably be jumping off of some piece of ruin or rock. If you'd want to add more height you could attach her cape to said rock instead of her legs. So yeah. Dynamic mid-air combat pose. Aweseome. Piles of dead bodies would make thematic sense too, since her partner has those as well. Maybe not Skaven this time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

When I saw you quoting me I was more or less certain that it'd be about her not smiling 😂

Well, I guess she'd probably be jumping off of some piece of ruin or rock. If you'd want to add more height you could attach her cape to said rock instead of her legs. So yeah. Dynamic mid-air combat pose. Aweseome. Piles of dead bodies would make thematic sense too, since her partner has those as well. Maybe not Skaven this time. 

it could be like a horus heresy mini two character diorama on a massive heap of slain foes.

You'd smile... teclis wouldn't.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

The bonus is you can always run the exalted as just another greater demon since they are basically the same size and base as the regular now. Adds variety to the tabletop when playing. 

that's what I do.  The only thing the plastic thirster needs as an expansion sprue is a tall grass meadow flower base and a straw basket full of bread and cakes for grandma, oh and some mary sue pony tails.  It is utter dog toffee.

• Confused 1

that's what I do.  The only thing the plastic thirster needs as an expansion sprue is a tall grass meadow flower base and a straw basket full of bread and cakes for grandma, oh and some mary sue pony tails.  It is utter dog toffee.

If that happens I am playing Khorne!

I do really like the design of Skarbrand though and if I ran a Bloodthirster that would be my default model. Also I feel Be'lakor makes a good proxy for all Greater Demons to be honest.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

If that happens I am playing Khorne 

well it's going pastoral, lets face it, Wrathmongers are nothing more than khorne farmers in iron dungarees.

Nurgle has a garden and Slaanesh has a combine harvester, and a greater combine harvester.

Tzeentch is the only chaos god that hasn't got old and decided to get an allotment.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Haha 4

If it was for Slaaneshi CSM, it would probably have some kind of trim or ornament on such a long, smooth space like the chainsword although they overall shape is gracious enough to fit. I could imagine them to go for some of the swirly detailing the Slaaneshi AoS range got for Emperor‘s Kiddies now. Nurgle and Tzeentch certainly got closer design-wise in the two systems, Khorne was pretty mich always quite similar and I‘m sure Slaanesh will follow that trend now.

6 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

I imagine with the preview of what's coming next week not mentioning it we're at least one more week out. They said December, but they also said December last year and it wound up being late January.

Really? Did they mention the 40k balance update in the sunday preview the week it got released? My guess is the faq is dropping this week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Im torn between Striking Scorpion of Emperors Children for this one

CF9CC413-9F8F-472A-BC8D-4DA0915A9733.png

1 hour ago, novakai said:

The soul gem at the tip implies it probably Eldar

that and also nothing has been implying that EC are coming anytime soon

From what I recall there's actually a lot of implication of Emperor's Children being inbound, particularly from the Psychic Awakening series of books. Plus, it makes business sense to unleash the legion dedicated to the god that wants all the Eldar's souls alongside the Eldar refresh (GW really wants our money after all).

20 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

From what I recall there's actually a lot of implication of Emperor's Children being inbound, particularly from the Psychic Awakening series of books. Plus, it makes business sense to unleash the legion dedicated to the god that wants all the Eldar's souls alongside the Eldar refresh (GW really wants our money after all).

Implication and mention is one thing but leaks and rumor states what comming soon is just new units for CSM ( generic undivided units) and their Codex and then after that is supposively it’s world eaters

EC will eventually come out but these engines are definitely not related to them

• Like 2

1 minute ago, novakai said:

Implication and mention is one thing but leaks and rumor states what comming soon is just new units for CSM ( generic undivided units) and their Codex and then after that is supposively it’s world eaters

EC will eventually come out but these engines are definitely not related to them

Man I hope you’re right about World Eaters, I want Angron so so badly. 

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/12/sunday-preview-celebrate-a-well-earned-festive-break-with-warhammer/

This week we will see which the first Codexes are for 2022, slight chance at Battletomes as well?

@KingBrodd, I’m sorry your swoleness, but I do not think GW will be that kind to us until after the New Year.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Doubt. 

3 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

@KingBrodd, I’m sorry your swoleness, but I do not think GW will be that kind to us until after the New Year.

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

They specifically said codexes so no

most likely it going to reveal the Tau codex and Darkstrider as per the rumor and the miniature picture 

Good ole GW leaving AOS 3.0 to limp along. Damn I want the 3.0 hype train to roll on!!

• Sad 5