The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Necromunda bases don’t look like that. They don’t have scenic bases built into the models, and the scenic bases they use for Necromunda are a lot more sci-fi looking. I would be very surprised if it’s Necromunda. 

It looks more AoS/Fantasy to me than 40k related. 

Agreed, there are no bricks in the underhive.

2 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Sadly, there is litteraly nothing new. There are pages with the starter sets, red harvest, dungeon bowl (£95) , then painting handle, side games starter set, a page dedicated to big models including the dragon (see photo) then a double page with a selection of the current SC boxes and combat patrol. The rest is just Christmas goodies which are already in store

IMG_20211109_132731_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG_20211109_133019.jpg

I wonder if we will get online deals like the short lived Nurgle set, it might even be fun if different regions got different sets. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

From now on 40k is going to have quarterly rules updates. Will AoS follow suit? Should it?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/09/game-balance-is-at-the-heart-of-this-official-warhammer-40000-rules-update/

My immediate concern is that GW moved post book FAQs out to 4 weeks from 2 because they couldn’t meet that 2 week deadline. If they are now committing to quarterly updates for 40k - doubling the work - where does that leave AoS? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

My immediate concern is that GW moved post book FAQs out to 4 weeks from 2 because they couldn’t meet that 2 week deadline. If they are now committing to quarterly updates for 40k - doubling the work - where does that leave AoS? 

It's a totally different team so it should have no effect. I'm not sure if the AoS team have a replacement for Jervis yet. Even if they have, that team has probably gone through a lot of turmoil. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's a totally different team so it should have no effect. I'm not sure if the AoS team have a replacement for Jervis yet. Even if they have, that team has probably gone through a lot of turmoil. 

Yeah so I’d prefer that GW invest resources in timely and quality updates for both games

• Like 2

I mean more updates are good.

I do hope they go for a sort of big/small pattern. Say spring/autumn be only minor point adjustments then summer/winter featuring bigger warscroll rewrites.

I would worry about the interaction between the longer book FAQs. I suspect that you may end up with some of those FAQs pushed back into the update which could suck.

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Only janitor works on AoS now so in the same trash bin as we were for recent time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Meanwhile aos3.0 launched around almost 5 months ago and......even the starters armys arent complete(some some new units as dragon are missing) and we got 0 new tomes.

But 40k release tomes every month non stop,get his big faq where aos dont get nothing and now they get even more regular updates where aos3.0 have been dead since his launch with 0 updates.

Its so obvious where gw is putting his resources lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

TBF marines and Necrons release where not completed by this time either, I remember the eradicators and Flayed ones where really late because of shutdown

tomes v codex is a different story as they had like 4 codexes before the year end. but the last AoS edition the first 6 months only had BoC as the only battletome release outside of SCE and NH. Though it does seem that the last quarter of the year tends to be light on AoS but usually the first 2 quarter is where majority of AoS release tend to happen.

edit: remember that AoS had a boatload of releases at the beginning of the year to a point people where not sure 3.0 was going to happen

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, novakai said:

TBF marines and Necrons release where not completed by this time either, I remember the eradicators and Flayed ones where really late because of shutdown

tomes v codex is a different story as they had like 4 codexes before the year end. but the last AoS edition the first 6 months only had BoC as the only battletome release outside of SCE and NH. Though it does seem that the last quarter of the year tends to be light on AoS but usually the first 2 quarter is where majority of AoS release tend to happen.

edit: remember that AoS had a boatload of releases at the beginning of the year to a point people where not sure 3.0 was going to happen

Honestly even the tail end of 2020 had a boat load of AOS releases, the Lumineth first Wave and the Sons were in there as well before the start of the year and Lumineth Wave 2 and all the Broken Realms catch up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly even the tail end of 2020 had a boat load of AOS releases, the Lumineth first Wave and the Sons were in there as well before the start of the year and Lumineth Wave 2 and all the Broken Realms catch up.

True though Realmlords and Sons where  probable meant to have been release before 9th edition 40k was release but COVID happen. Q2 of 2020

The reality is simply that we don't know how things are moving or which issues are causing what specific delays. I mean it genuinely sucks... but the reality is that we are in a massive Pandemic and the U.K. is going through a massive socio political shift causing issues for trade and production.

40K is probably a priority but there were issues with the Dragons production and clearly that alone caused issues with the roll out. I think that GW is playing catch up but 40k seems to not have had production issues that exacerbated issues on the AOS side. 40k is obviously the priority in terms of sales but AOS is getting plenty of love with most models being much more up to date than many 40K ranges.

I personally do not like the situation either and I am more and more dismayed every time I see a new space marine that looks like every single other Marine... but I also know that it is likely much easier to print a book with the same stat lines, some new lore and a new set of special rules than starting from scratch. I wouldn't be surprised if so much of the imperium focus of late is in response to the pandemic. Of course despite everyone else's excitement Horus Herecy fills me with dismay as I can go without more Space Marines.

Based on what I have heard about other U.K. lines and products it sounds like GW are doing a fairly decent job... Warhammer plus not withstanding.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

Everybody is having trouble with production, but that would actually be an opportunity for a more forward-looking company - if they can't get the minis out right now, why not focus instead on the fixing up the rules? I mean I understand that it's not the same people working on both, but what are the rules people doing right now? They clearly have more time between releases than they anticipated, so why not spend some time fixing stuff we do have? 

It's hard to escape the feeling that AOS is being put on auto-pilot at the moment because, well...it is. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

then again a lot of people say AoS is in a good place ruleswise and they like having a bit of a window to enjoy the current meta. 40k the otherhand was bleeding out because of Drukari/Ad mech being egregious and other stuff that happen in the last two GT. no one was vocal enough to complain about anything bonkers happening in the AoS side.

yes AoS has some underperforming and some overperforming armies not in the fat middle but it not like an FAQ can fix the underpowered army without a massive shift like releasing a battletome which is tied to production. 

of course we don't quite know if we getting a winter FaQ soon

• Like 1

There's no reason it has to be tied to battletomes. GW just finally admitted that with the 40k "patch" they put out today - it is indeed possible in 2021 to make tweaks to the rules without putting out a new hardback book to do it. 

edit: Blah saw mod post after posting. 

Edited by yukishiro1

34 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Someone posted a new Nurgle bundle on Reddit, they were speculating that it was the cause of the start collecting sets vanishing. I would share the image but I do not know if it constitute as a Leaked image?

some one posted it on page 3077

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edmc78 said:

I think batallion boxed sets are about to be a thing. Likely £80 upwards. 

Remember, Warhammer fantasty plastic box sets kicked off with this … 

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Fantasy_Regiments_(Citadel)

I think that is a realistic solution that will have less issues than current Starter sets or the Combat Patrols. However, I wonder if these sets will be based around faction specific battalions or the generic battalions in the Core Book?

The three Varanguard battalion from White Dwarf would be a great set, but we'd be much more likely to get the four units and a hero set from the same White Dwarf issue. 

Edited by Neverchosen