The Rumour Thread

Just now, Ryan Taylor said:

The endless spells are stated to be for every army I don't think they will be specific to an army. 

The Endless Spell note simply mentions that they are releasing more of them including those universal to all armies. We already know that basically every new battletome gets them so we know any more for the year will likely have their own few endless spells. A few universal ones would be an ideal time to also drop the specific ones for the two factions that were 2.0 ready but still don't have them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The joy at which people have recieved the Gloomspite release does rather put into perspective the persistent whining that occurrs around the failure of x or y favoured faction or tome to simply materialise at the whim of impatient people and how stupid GW are to be missing out on these sure-fire hot selling items.

As if it wasn’t apparent already, GW know better than anyone else what works and when to do it just now

4 minutes ago, Nos said:

The joy at which people have recieved the Gloomspite release does rather put into perspective the persistent whining that occurrs around the failure of x or y favoured faction or tome to simply materialise at the whim of impatient people and how stupid GW are to be missing out on these sure-fire hot selling items.

As if it wasn’t apparent already, GW know better than anyone else what works and when to do it just now

So you think if this release had been announced two/six/twelve months ago people would have been less happy? Or did I misunderstand. 

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

That confirms Slaanesh Battletome and more Endless spells (hopefully some DoK and Idoneth ones too!)

It confirms more Slaanesh models. No mention of a tome or larger release. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a unit or two at most, probably of seekers.

• Like 1

Just now, Nos said:

It confirms more Slaanesh models. No mention of a tome or larger release. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a unit or two at most, probably of seekers.

I can't imagine why GW would release more Slaanesh models and not a Battletome. They don't ahve to tie the tome to any story elements - we know that Slaanesh as an army is still functional even with their God entrapped. If anything their armies are even more wild now as they hunt for their lost master. The way chaos works many of their armies and leaders can work only with casual glances from their patron god at most - most of the time its the Greater Demons who do most of the legwork in war and corruption as they battle for the adoration of their direct master the God itself. 

I'd wager we'll see a new Keeper of secrets and a Battletome released together at some point in the next few months (since GW is unlikely to tease things too far off that they are not arleady clear on - such as we know Sisters of Battle are a fair way off)

5 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

So you think if this release had been announced two/six/twelve months ago people would have been less happy? Or did I misunderstand. 

If it had been released 2/6/12 months ago it wouldnt have looked like this. It’s a far more complete release than most were expecting but if GW had bowed to the pressure of the members of the community who wanted it now and couldn’t see why it wasn’t being released immediately etc it wouldn’t have been nearly as exciting or impressive.

Sounds like GW trying for force more magic down my Kharadron Overlords throat. First they tell us to buy sacrosanct now it seems we will have endless spells which makes 0 sense from a lore perspective. I just want KO wave 2 at this point to fix our army properly. Or at least one or two models that can offer us lots of buffs that isn’t some generic spell. :( 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nos said:

If it had been released 2/6/12 months ago it wouldnt have looked like this. It’s a far more complete release than most were expecting but if GW had bowed to the pressure of the members of the community who wanted it now and couldn’t see why it wasn’t being released immediately etc it wouldn’t have been nearly as exciting or impressive.

I have a hard time thinking you know that as a fact. 

People are excited now, would have been just as excited back then. GW is getting pretty responsive to community feedback (see the recent Adeptus Titanicus news), and I don’t think people should be discouraging community expressions of interest in their factions getting love sooner rather than later. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Overread said:

I can't imagine why GW would release more Slaanesh models and not a Battletome. They don't ahve to tie the tome to any story elements - we know that Slaanesh as an army is still functional even with their God entrapped. If anything their armies are even more wild now as they hunt for their lost master. The way chaos works many of their armies and leaders can work only with casual glances from their patron god at most - most of the time its the Greater Demons who do most of the legwork in war and corruption as they battle for the adoration of their direct master the God itself. 

I'd wager we'll see a new Keeper of secrets and a Battletome released together at some point in the next few months (since GW is unlikely to tease things too far off that they are not arleady clear on - such as we know Sisters of Battle are a fair way off)

Same reason they didnt release one with Wrath and Rapture. Lots of people when that was previewed had the same logic as to why it definitively meant Slaanesh tome was coming. I knew it wasn’t for the same reason I’m pretty sure I know why it isn’t now either.

Slaanesh’s imprisonment and the surrounding context is probably the biggest piece of narrative ammunition AOS has right now and they’re going to drip feed it until AOS 3.0 I think. Because when Slaanesh is released you can bet it’s not just going to be the same Slaanesh units there were in Warhammer.  They had some commercial purpose for locking Slaanesh away literally years ago and I doubt the outcome of it is two extra models to the range and a Battletome that will receive less fanfare than the Goblin release on the Community announcement page. Its apparent from the Lore with the Bad Moon and the head Loon guy and what he’s done to the realm of metal as well is that the Grots are going to make a lot more noise in the narrative than I think anyone suspected. They’re not going to risk a big Slaanesh event getting lost amidst that. 

I’d bet my house on it being a new unit at most as well as some sort of named character who will point towards the events which lead to the eventual Slaanesh release in probably 2020, where I suspect they will also release with Ulgu elves and some form of espionage SC release (Ruinuation Chamber would be my guess). I suspect in 40k it will be similar.

In the past I wouldn’t have betted against a sort of Followers of Slaanesh tome and it might still happen I suppose but I’m pretty sure they’re going to keep it on the boil and let it explode next year personally. Although I think there’s potential for a “middle chapter” where there will be a similar set to Blight War this time next year with said new Slaanesh unit and hero and a new SC Chamber. In fact saying that now I think it’s very likely actually cone to think of it. Hmm.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

I think the Troggots are a bit cartoony but hell....it's a good release.

I also think there's  a bigger Slaanesh release to be, since Fulgrim in 40k has been spotted (slaaneshy Patriach), a new KoS model is needed and so on.

I always liked Slaanesh but I can't really befriend these daemonettes.

4 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

I have a hard time thinking you know that as a fact. 

People are excited now, would have been just as excited back then. GW is getting pretty responsive to community feedback (see the recent Adeptus Titanicus news), and I don’t think people should be discouraging community expressions of interest in their factions getting love sooner rather than later. 

You’re missing my point though. The release now is not what it would have been a year ago because they’ve had a year longer to work on the release and it’s contents.

If you’re saying that people would have been just as happy a year ago with just a leader and two new units well I mean I guess they might have been but they would demonstrably  have lost out on amazing models and a fuller concept in that case. And no-I’ve has endured any hardship or loss by virtue of just having to be patient. Literally no-one.

Im not discouraging anyone from anything. I’ve just observed that the pattern GW have taken indicates that in spite of people’s aspirations, insistences, demands or otherwise, the hobby is in good hands and developing at a rate better than anyone else could deliver.  

What’s apparent though is that they have a plan to tell a story through the releases and it’s not one based upon parity or equality among factions, so complaining about how x faction got all this but y faction hasn’t is sort of futile because these expectations have not been created or sustained by GW at any point. It’s dsft to complain about someone not doing something they never promised to do,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

The Endless Spell note simply mentions that they are releasing more of them including those universal to all armies. We already know that basically every new battletome gets them so we know any more for the year will likely have their own few endless spells. A few universal ones would be an ideal time to also drop the specific ones for the two factions that were 2.0 ready but still don't have them. 

So let the guessing begin!

Based off the very limited endless spell teaser they mentioned I think they will be releasing a book or another box similar to Malign Sorcery.  A box set with the new generic spells and a book that contains all of the rules and probably initial matched-play costs.  

I also predict that within that book they will introduce endless spells for a number of armies who won’t be getting a new battletome anytime soon and then they will release a box set for each of those spells in the same way that army endless spells are currently released - that way they won’t have to repackage those spell models when they do get around to those armies.  So for example, Idoneth Deepkin, Daughters of Khaine, Legions of Nagash, etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

So let the guessing begin!

Based off the very limited endless spell teaser they mentioned I think they will be releasing a book or another box similar to Malign Sorcery.  A box set with the new generic spells and a book that contains all of the rules and probably initial matched-play costs.  

I also predict that within that book they will introduce endless spells for a number of armies who won’t be getting a new battletome anytime soon and then they will release a box set for each of those spells in the same way that army endless spells are currently released - that way they won’t have to repackage those spell models when they do get around to those armies.  So for example, Idoneth Deepkin, Daughters of Khaine, Legions of Nagash, etc.

Great shout that. Probably alongside GHB as last year.

46 minutes ago, Nos said:

I’ll bet you the models were done a while ago - at least all the digital design.  My bet is that the release window simply got juggled for some reason.  I expect that GW has a couple of completed army designs (artwork, rule concepts, model digital sculpts) that they are sitting on at any particular time.  The lead times for a lot of this stuff is pretty long and the design team will keep churning out stuff regardless of release schedule.  

From there someone in logistics is probably figuring out the manufacturing lead times and how to best manage the sales windows throughout the year.  I very much doubt that they did not release this army earlier last year when rumors indicated simply because they wanted to keep it in the oven and cook it a bit more.  I think the business just juggled it for some reason.  But that said, I don’t really care about the wait.  I collected goblins for quite a long time and a bit more wait was not an issue.

• Like 5