The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi everybody,

so a friend of mine got an assignment from Gw to paint up some models for the new releases.

so for all of you who are interested to know if the rumors are true about Moonclan and slaanesh releases, I can assure you that they definitely are. As for slaanesh I heard that they might be coming out at September 

Don't GW have an in-house paint team that do all their paint jobs?

4 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Don't GW have an in-house paint team that do all their paint jobs?

Yes and no. For some stuff they hire additional, external painters or sometimes send out preview boxes to all known painters as promo material to be shown the day pre-orders go up. See GUO 

23 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Yes and no. For some stuff they hire additional, external painters or sometimes send out preview boxes to all known painters as promo material to be shown the day pre-orders go up. See GUO 

I get they send out retail boxes, but I assumed they'd keep all painting in house for unannounced kits

I'm not 100 percent sure, but i'd bet money the only models that are sent out for pre-release painting are done by the on site team, or one of the very few and select contracted painters like Giuseppe that sign an NDA. 

So you might have really dropped someone in it here, if what you are saying is true. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

I'm not 100 percent sure, but i'd bet money the only models that are sent out for pre-release painting are done by the on site team, or one of the very few and select contracted painters like Giuseppe that sign an NDA. 

So you might have really dropped someone in it here, if what you are saying is true. 

Well like I said it might be false , but the only way to know if it’s right or not is more or less just waiting until the time reveals it 

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Well like I said it might be false , but the only way to know if it’s right or not is more or less just waiting until the time reveals it 

You specifically said a painter that has been contracted to do some work for a release 6 months in the future. That's very specific dude. And GW read this site. 

6 hours ago, Burf said:

Oh please, do go on. It's not like chaos has gotten more releases in the past twoish years than the entirety of the Imperium and Stormcasts put together or anything...

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Imperials and Stormcast got:

Assassins
Deathwatch
Sisters of Silence/Custodes Wave 1
Triumvirate of the Imperium
Triumvirate of the Primarch
Primaris Marines 
Stormcast Vanguard
Custodes Wave 2: Full Army Boogaloo
New Imperial Knights
Rogue Traders*
Sisters of Battle announced*
Stormcast Wizards*

Meanwhile, Chaos received...

Disciplines of Tzeentch
Thousand Sons
Death Guard
Daemons of Nurgle
Whatever-Nurgle-is-in-this-box*

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Imperials and Stormcast got:

Assassins
Deathwatch
Sisters of Silence/Custodes Wave 1
Triumvirate of the Imperium
Triumvirate of the Primarch
Primaris Marines 
Stormcast Vanguard
Custodes Wave 2: Full Army Boogaloo
New Imperial Knights
Rogue Traders*
Sisters of Battle announced*
Stormcast Wizards*

Meanwhile, Chaos received...

Disciplines of Tzeentch
Thousand Sons
Death Guard
Daemons of Nurgle
Whatever-Nurgle-is-in-this-box*

When you don't apply the same rules to both list to suit an agenda, you lose credibility, just worth mentioning.

10 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

You specifically said a painter that has been contracted to do some work for a release 6 months in the future. That's very specific dude. And GW read this site. 

What I meant with it was, that I am unsure, if the person who told me that, was lying,  telling the truth or something similar, so literally said  I’ don not know if it is something to be particularly true.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi everybody,

so a friend of mine got an assignment from Gw to paint up some models for the new releases.

so for all of you who are interested to know if the rumors are true about Moonclan and slaanesh releases, I can assure you that they definitely are. As for slaanesh I heard that they might be coming out at September 

Do you know more details? What esthetics can we expect for Slaanesh and Moonclan? 

Edited by Aryann

6 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

When you don't apply the same rules to both list to suit an agenda, you lose credibility, just worth mentioning.

What rules? The Death Guard release was meaty but on par with the Primaris, who we know will receive bucket loads of new releases down the line anyway. 

Chaos didn't get a Triumvirate box, but they did get Mortarion/Magus so that could be hand waved.

Stormcast Vanguard and Custodes were roughly on par with Chaos Daemons and Thousand Sons respectively. 

The problem is that these Chaos releases come  after years of absolutely nothing for 40k. I find it hysterical when certain entitled Imperial (usually Space Marine) and Stormcast players act slighted by GW because for once they're not in the spot light. The 'Chaos gets too much!' argument is utter nonsense when it's assured that the Imperium/Stormcast (granted, AoS has become better about diversity of it's range recently) will always have new stuff pumped out for it and be daddy's favourite. Chaos' time in the sun will inevitably end, but we know the Imperium's never will.

It's Xenos/Destruction/formally Death players I feel sorry for. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

What I meant with it was, that I am unsure, if the person who told me that, was lying,  telling the truth or something similar, so literally said  I’ don not know if it is something to be particularly true.

No, dig up!

You said it was 'definitely true' 

If you want to do the rumour thing, just have a think who else you could be compromising dude. Both the people I have that tell me stuff (and I stress I have no interest in being a rumour monger, I simply pass on what I know) I'm deliberately vague about.  I'll tell you now, if what you have said about the Slaneesh release, you have named the person there, I'll tell you that for a fact. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

No, dig up!

If you want to do the rumour thing, just have a think who else you could be compromising dude. Both the people I have that tell me stuff (and I stress I have no interest in being a rumour monger, I simply pass on what I know) I'm deliberately vague about.  I'll tell you now, if what you have said about the Slaneesh release, you have named the person there, I'll tell you that for a fact. 

Your not really helping him are you ?. A quick PM could have avoided any embarrassment and kept a sneaky rumour option for us, youve stomped that now.

• Thanks 2

Just now, stato said:

Your not really helping him are you ?. A quick PM could have avoided any embarrassment and kept a sneaky rumour option for us, youve stomped that now.

Because I have personal experience of this exact thing happening and it's made me cross. I'll stop commenting now.

• Like 1

Unless Skreech's friend is Amy Snuggs, I think they (the friend) are lying.  ( Amy got hired by the army painting team recently but she works in Nottingham so it is definitely not her.)  Only forgeworld does freelance  offsite painting. The vacant position on army painting when Peachy left has been filled. They also have many other former eavy metal painters on the studio to fill in if there is a shortfall. 

They send certain people products at most a couple of months early so they would not have got September products yet. 

As for the rogue trader box I am not a fan of Nurgle but I can easily understand why nurgle was chosen. They make a nice contrast with the ornate Rogue Trader band. They also fit very well with the John Blanche style. 

To bring things back on topic with less than 24 hours to go before all the news drops.

I think we will a fairly detailed look at the new magic book and minis, a look at a couple of death minis and a little stormcast tease. 

They may well unveil Shadespire season 2 at the UK games expo at the start of June. 

We will also see all the Knights, adeptus Titanicus, one new team for either bloodbowl  (including a new elf star player) or Necromunda and a little orks tease. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

No, dig up!

Well thanks for the information, I’ll remeber it and hopfully not do to many mistakes another time?

I have read the RPG books about the Slaught and frankly they look nothing like the Rogue Trader Mutants...

The creatures have more Nurgle themes than anything else, even if they can be Lost and the Damned "undivided" Mutants / or Dark Mechanicum. 

Really the robots looks like Poxwalker, the little creatures are variations on Nurgling, Maggots, and Flies straight outta the Pusygoyle Blightlords and Typhus kits (even the same paint scheme).

Distended, open guts, pustul, maggots (one spiting vomit like Bloab's steed), flies and insectoid / chaotic mutations - that's very Nurgle. And GW wouldn't make a starter that isn't Chaos / Imperium right ;) - details found in both 40k and AOS !

BTW with the maggot we'll get AT LONG LAST a "Tamurkhan : true form" model available ;D 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I have read the RPG books about the Slaught and frankly they look nothing like the Rogue Trader Mutants...

The creatures have more Nurgle themes than anything else, even if they can be Lost and the Damned "undivided" Mutants / or Dark Mechanicum. 

Really the robots looks like Poxwalker, the little creatures are variations on Nurgling, Maggots, and Flies straight outta the Pusygoyle Blightlords and Typhus kits (even the same paint scheme).

Distended, open guts, pustul, maggots (one spiting vomit like Bloab's steed), flies and insectoid / chaotic mutations - that's very Nurgle. And GW wouldn't make a starter that isn't Chaos / Imperium right ;) - details found in both 40k and AOS !

BTW with the maggot we'll get AT LONG LAST a "Tamurkhan : true form" model available ;D 

I agree I don't think they're Slaugth - they're not covered in maggots to start with!

Although, I don't think they're Nurgle either - no triple circles anywhere. 

Could be the start of some undivided stuff.  The game could be based on gellar fields going down and corrupting the servitors and some of the crew?  Maybe those with a metallic head will be the servitors? Although I've not really seen a description of a servitor that also contains a metallic head - normally the heads are organic, as it houses the brain etc etc..