The Rumour Thread

Yes,

The question was this

"Are they gritty like the dark elf corsairs or more of a clean design like the high elves? [thanks for the rumours btw]"

Temouloun answered; "Neither really. Something completely new. The foot infantry are the best models I've ever seen coming from GW, with a very audacious design. Something between the Sylvaneth Spite-Revenants and the greek looking Slaanesh Hellstriders."

• Like 3

So I guess we will learn more at AoS day it's 3rd of March so quite soon. It looks like I info I got last summer that Aelves will get two armies during campaign turns out to be true. I got to find the guy who told be this as it wasn't much credible last year so I didn't pay  much attention. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Temouloun posted a bit more and he posted that he saw the new Aelves.

• "Neither really. Something completely new. The foot infantry are the best models I've ever seen coming from GW, with a very audacious design. Something between the Sylvaneth Spite-Revenants and the greek looking Slaanesh Hellstriders."
  • "I can't say haha. No Malerion/Teclis/Tyrion, but Mathlann a lot."
  • "Big ones and very big ones. (on a question if there are sharks... )"
  • "Actually no, they're true underwater creature... So I guess they fly when above water ? I didn't read the fluff yet."

Very interesting rumours!

The future is bright ! The fluff (and rules) in Malign Portents and Legions of Nagash are excellent - now seeing the 2 "close together" Aelves releases rumor being true makes me even more excited for AOS in 2018 !

I'm just a bit disappointed we apparently won't be getting a Malerion model with the Sea Aelves release... Anyway I'm really looking forward to see if the Mistweaver Saih ends up in the Sea Aelves faction and the Tenebrael Shard in the Daughter Of Khaine Battletome :D 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The future is bright ! The fluff (and rules) in Malign Portents and Legions of Nagash are excellent - now seeing the 2 "close together" Aelves releases rumor being true makes me even more excited for AOS in 2018 !

I'm just a bit disappointed we apparently won't be getting a Malerion model with the Sea Aelves release... Anyway I'm really looking forward to see if the Mistweaver Saih ends up in the Sea Aelves faction and the Tenebrael Shard in the Daughter Of Khaine Battletome :D 

Yeah, all those fantastic rumours about Sea Aelves makes me even more curious about how Tyrion, Teclis and Malerion Aelves will look like!

• Like 1

Now I hope death gets that third army someone else has said is coming. They need some love too. Elves and Order are so spoiled and honestly stuffed full of good stuff lol. Time to share the love. Also I think this is the best AoS year in ages in terms of content. Everything I hear about the new elves makes me super excited. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

I think the "completly new design" means that the faction has all new kits, think Kharadron Overlords instead of Daughters of Khaine. (no corsairs in the new faction)

Oh I see, I was so fixated on the last two parts that I missed the reference of the design.

3 minutes ago, quina2525 said:

Calling it now, new sea Aelves will be led by  Caledor. 

Not really Aislinn became Avatar of Manthlan/Manthlan himself, he was killed by Tyrion but probably survived as guy who broke news about Sea Alves said that's a lot of Manthlan in there and Manthlan is/was Aislinn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Not really Aislinn became Avatar of Manthlan/Manthlan himself, he was killed by Tyrion but probably survived as guy who broke news about Sea Alves said that's a lot of Manthlan in there and Manthlan is/was Aislinn. 

I really love how lots of AOS army releases seems to be based - design wise - on End Times and more importantly on Storm Of Chaos themes ( Grimgor's Boyz : Ironjawz, etc.). There is ofc a few 100% "for AOS" design, like Stormcast and Kharadron, but mainly you can follow the concept of each army through the different Warhammer era. That's great. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Sure,  I'm just speculating. Only reason I think so is due to him holding Morathi in the Vortex so she wouldn't escape, and they both were consumed by Slaanesh in the End times. 

16 minutes ago, quina2525 said:

Sure,  I'm just speculating. Only reason I think so is due to him holding Morathi in the Vortex so she wouldn't escape, and they both were consumed by Slaanesh in the End times. 

Best moment in End Times: Khaine. It's a shame they didn't use the opportunity to kill Morathi off for good, being told to go to her end with the dignity benefiting her heritage just felt like such an appropriate, final end for her and bringing her back just seems to undermine it. That said, she's always been a popular, iconic character, and incest's been particularly in vogue in both ****** and mainstream media for the last couple of years, so it's probably not such a bad PR shout to have brought her back. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

I think they’ll be a new force led by new people. 

Now they won't as person who broke the news about them said that there is a lot on Manthlan/Aislinn in Sea Aelves which is awesome way to connect them to World That Once Was and End Times but doesn't limit GW in design. 

6 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Now they won't as person who broke the news about them said that there is a lot on Manthlan/Aislinn in Sea Aelves which is awesome way to connect them to World That Once Was and End Times but doesn't limit GW in design. 

I don’t know fantasy lore so that person is new to me lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Wasn't it Mannan (god of the seas in the old world or world that was)not Manthlan?

3 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

To be kinda honest, if that is the second Aelf faction, i will be kinda disapointed. I would rather have an expansion to a High Aelf subfaction like Swifthawks, Draconis or Phoenix.

Wouldn't count on that. Old factions are not that much of a focus, unless they are Chaos.

14 minutes ago, Malin said:

Wasn't it Mannan (god of the seas in the old world or world that was)not Manthlan?

Wouldn't count on that. Old factions are not that much of a focus, unless they are Chaos.

There will be a Battletome for the Daughters of Khaine. A old faction that will continue to use old models. 

Sure, GW may focus on new factions, but them revising old factions like the Phoenix Temple or the Swifthawk Agents has become more likely.

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

There will be a Battletome for the Daughters of Khaine. A old faction that will continue to use old models. 

Sure, GW may focus on new factions, but them revising old factions like the Phoenix Temple or the Swifthawk Agents has become more likely.

All they need it to release a book to organize several factions, so you can mix Aelf without great disavantages.  High Aelf right now have several small factions, some that play well like Phoenix Temple or Order Draconis, but are very restricted because of battlelines.  A reorganization like they did with Undead would work wonders. High Aelf have a good pool of miniatures right now,  we just need to be able to group then up.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2018 at 2:20 PM, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

so if it is a terrain piece, explain how the fish are swimming on land and why a sunken ship would be on land with aquatic life living off it while not in water? I guess magic.. but for a game that is land based battles im a tad perplexed how all the armies could fight underwater.. or how all underwater things could fight on land that would otherwise require the ocean or body of water for them to exist, even in this setting.

do they roll around in giant spheres of water and engage in battle? not trying to be sarcastic, im really curious how they will do this.

Either way, if this is a terrain piece, one can make a great ghostly ship for the undead rules that came out prior to this nagash one..

Ironjawz can make pigs fly. Neferata can make dire wolves fly. I don't see much of an issue with flying sharks and seahorses (sharknado anyone?)

It's like Pokemon where your gyrados magically floats and your charizard fights magikarp while diving at the bottom of the ocean. Just go with it!

• Like 1