The Rumour Thread

37 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, with all the prices fluff we didn't notice yesterday there were no #NewAoS article. Are they really lacking content that much considering the faction focus' could take a whole month?

They've always skipped Tuesday for some reason. I expect an article today. Not sure what the topic will be though. I imagine they won't start the faction focuses until after the full reveal. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They've always skipped Tuesday for some reason. I expect an article today. Not sure what the topic will be though. I imagine they won't start the faction focuses until after the full reveal. 

Not really, the last week we had an article on a Tuesday as well. I thought they were hitting the speed pedal.

Edited by Ejecutor

It's not typically a full five days of articles regardless, and it feels like they've covered most of the stuff rules-wise at this point, so maybe they'll toss in a couple of lore/background features or something.

I'd guess the first two faction focuses will be stormcast and skaven, and that they'll refer to some of the launch box stuff thats not been revealed yet, hence why they haven't started posting those up yet.

• Like 1

Warcom tends to publish 3 daily articles. The ones we're expecting, apart from AoS 4th:

-Specific on the price hike, I guess

-More CSM rules

-The tau points

-More White Dwarf articles

-Legions Imperiales and Solar Auxilia preorders

-Darktide game

Just to give an idea on the room for what you may want apart from the AoS stuff. We have 9 articles left for the rest of the week (plus preorders and sunday previews)

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Warcom tends to publish 3 daily articles. The ones we're expecting, apart from AoS 4th:

-Specific on the price hike, I guess

-More CSM rules

-The tau points

-More White Dwarf articles

-Legions Imperiales and Solar Auxilia preorders

-Darktide game

Just to give an idea on the room for what you may want apart from the AoS stuff. We have 9 articles left for the rest of the week (plus preorders and sunday previews)

There normally isn't anything else they post about the price hikes. In the past we could get a sheet with the changed prices via the trade site bit no idea if that is still true but either way nothing from WarCom.

Tau points also shouldn't be an article, should just get uploaded. There also wasn't anything when the current version was uploaded for example.

I also wouldn't expect anything about the LI preorders now, LI normally doesn't get anymore articles during their preorders since they already get some info when the model was revealed in a HH Thursday. (Also the book with the rules has been out for a while now)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

There normally isn't anything else they post about the price hikes. In the past we could get a sheet with the changed prices via the trade site bit no idea if that is still true but either way nothing from WarCom.

Tau points also shouldn't be an article, should just get uploaded. There also wasn't anything when the current version was uploaded for example.

I also wouldn't expect anything about the LI preorders now, LI normally doesn't get anymore articles during their preorders since they already get some info when the model was revealed in a HH Thursday. (Also the book with the rules has been out for a while now)

Totally agree with all of this. Today will be a Warhammer+ update and also a couple of other news articles. One of these may be for the next edition of AOS but I think we've seen most of the main points without delving into a detailed rules review. I think we will see a couple of articles between now and next weeks full box reveal but we are probably in a holding pattern about it now! :( 

54 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If you want that sheet I got it on EURs. Just drop me a DM.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, with all the prices fluff we didn't notice yesterday there were no #NewAoS article. Are they really lacking content that much considering the faction focus' could take a whole month?

We are still lacking articles about scenery rules and command models, so there is room for a pair of news this week before faction focus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I’m not sure why everyone thinks they’ll not do faction focus until after the reveal. They started early May for 40K and before Leviathan reveal no? 

No.  Leviathan reveal was April 29th. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ragest said:

We are still lacking articles about scenery rules and command models, so there is room for a pair of news this week before faction focus.

And shooting!! We need a showcase of some ranged warscrolls!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

Shooting is spreaded into combat and warlock articles xD

Don't be that guy.

We need some ranged profiles, a brief explanation about Artillery and some talk about range (appart of being cut).

It seems that snipers will have 24", and bows 18", what about artillery or pistols? And I'm really curious about an Auto-Hit USR (if any) for gas-breath like weapons or weird stuff like lightning ammunition or volley guns.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Seems like shooting is basically exactly the same as previous for the most part?  Whilst I'm sure you could spin that out into an article (it's not like the combat phase is hugely different either) but it would probably feel kinda redundant.  Maybe they could do an article on some of the weapon special rules and cover any other relevant shooting phase bits in there, or something.

Edited by Lucentia

7 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Seems like shooting is basically exactly the same as previous for the most part?  Whilst I'm sure you could spin that out into an article (it's not like the combat phase is hugely different either) but it would probably feel kinda redundant.  Maybe they could do an article on some of the weapon special rules and cover any other relevant shooting phase bits in there, or something.

I think that there are some subtle changes there. We don't have any roles (mainly Artillery), but we still have some role-like keywords like War Machines:

WarMachine.jpg.2ebc9840ff53889fe540bb7a9fccd83d.jpg

We know that Chariots are War Machines in 4.0, and most of the upper row keywords have some gameplay utility. Some are just there for Abilities, but others have strightforward rules like Wizard 9, Fly, Ward 5+, etc.

Nagash.jpg.b30386e076a72cfd3a2917c0b5b4b69a.jpg

We know that there are multiple USR tied to weapons, and just look at how many ranged weapons we have: voley guns, harpoons, drills, gas-thrower guns, multiple-barrell guns, cannons, catapults, bolt throwers, etc... that's a lot of stuff to showcase that will be drastically diferent than 3.0 weapons.

Pretty sure that some people (like me) would be really interested in a bit more knowledge about range and shooting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly? Good for them, nice to see some more hopefully good-quality manufacture larp kit hit the market. I've been feeling a fair few pangs of regret of late at not being able to attend Empire LRP (a very cool fest-scale larp in the UK where I played for a while, and was later on the plot team for) any more, and this isn't helping xD

(Edit for clarity: Empire LRP isn't a WFRP larp about the Warhammer Empire or anything, it is its own entirely different thing - but it's always nice to have a wider range of kit to choose from when kitting up a character)

Edited by Acrozatarim

11 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

So who had LARP-friendly TOW weapons on their list of one of the three WarCom daily articles being posted today? 🤣

I was expecting something not-miniature related but never would have thought about this 😅

When it comes to  AoS4  there are still quite a few things I want to know. They haven't discussed terrain despite it having a module to itself. What about artefacts? With battalions seemingly a thing of the past, how are these things chosen? What about heroic traits? Why are command models a module to themselves and sperate from commands?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

When it comes to  AoS4  there are still quite a few things I want to know. They haven't discussed terrain despite it having a module to itself. What about artefacts? With battalions seemingly a thing of the past, how are these things chosen? What about heroic traits? Why are command models a module to themselves and sperate from commands?

Allies. I think this is an important point missing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I think it's fairly safe to assume allies are gone and possibly replaced with the Regiments of Renown.

The best thing that could happen. Allies doesn't make any sense and make books more hard to balance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The best thing that could happen. Allies doesn't make any sense and make books more hard to balance.

I get what you mean but "allies doesn't make any sense" out of context is hilarious WWII Axis propaganda lol

• Haha 3