The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Weird thing to bring up but are we expecting any model purges when the index roll in the summer?  

don't remember if that was mention/alluded to in the discussion back when we got info on it

probably not during Index since I think the recent culling was taken with the index in mind.

If we going by 40K, I expect they will purge any outdated model when each battletome comes out. (Example Badrukk got removed from the OrK codex). After the Skaven, Ogors are the last range to have a lot of resin models, so something (good or bad) will most likely happen then during this edition. There are a few resin minis like Fluxmaster, Epidemius, blue scribe, khorne herad on Juggernaut, and vice leader that maybe gone or replaced.

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, novakai said:

probably not during Index science I think the recent culling was taken with the index in mind.

If we going by 40K, I expect they will purge any outdated model when each battletome comes out. (Example Badrukk got removed from the OrK codex). After the Skaven, Ogors are the last range to have a lot of resin models, so something (good or bad) will most likely happen then during this edition. There are a few resin minis like Fluxmaster, Epidemius, blue scribe, khorne herad on Juggernaut, and vice leader that maybe gone or replaced.

Fluxmaster and Co have been silently shifted to Last Chance To Buy since the great purge. They’re gone. 

25 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Has it been confirmed that the old Malign Sorceries models are going to be repackaged into smaller Lore sets? That's kinda groovy if so... I've always fancied one or two of the models, but have been reluctant to splash out on the whole set. 

That doesn’t seem likely because the malign sorcery spures are not separated by their lore set that the article categorize them as.

• Thanks 1

Cant stop but to feel that this box is being drip fed into us in a bigger and crazier way than Leviathan. No matter what you may argue, not showing any minis on Adepticon is still wrong on my book,

• Confused 1

Think it mainly because there was no Warhammer fest this year, both Dominon, HH, and 40K 10th had big shows during early May. This year is like just a random event in mid may is going to be the full reveal.

then again releasing the trailer on Adepticon wednesday was probably already dumb as most people didn’t bother to see it live.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Weird thing to bring up but are we expecting any model purges when the index roll in the summer?  

don't remember if that was mention/alluded to in the discussion back when we got info on it

I have seen already Epidemius , blue scribes, flux master,chaos sorcerer “ sold out on line/ no longer available “ and Herald of tzeentch on “ last chance to buy “ in addition to the ones announced to be retired ( Valkya, Scyla, Eternity warden, etc):https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/04/whats-leaving-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-range/

Edited by cyrus

2 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Has it been confirmed that the old Malign Sorceries models are going to be repackaged into smaller Lore sets? That's kinda groovy if so... I've always fancied one or two of the models, but have been reluctant to splash out on the whole set. 

It is impossible. If they sell them in smaller sets then it would be because are new models

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is impossible. If they sell them in smaller sets then it would be because are new models

That's what I would have assumed... but then there was talk in this thread about having to spend money on multiple themed boxes to get the good Endless Spells. 

30 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The new manifestation lores definitely don't match up with the old sprues. I wonder if they would go through the trouble of making new molds. They might if they plan to produce the spells in-house rather than in China. After the trouble they apparently had with the spider incarnate and Dawnbringer buildings, I could see that being a possibility. 

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The new manifestation lores definitely don't match up with the old sprues. I wonder if they would go through the trouble of making new molds. They might if they plan to produce the spells in-house rather than in China. After the trouble they apparently had with the spider incarnate and Dawnbringer buildings, I could see that being a possibility. 

that'd be the dream; if you're able to take a manifestation lore alongside an existing spell lore (as the article confusingly seems to hint towards) then you should at least be able to buy them.

9 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

They could just be GW employees. I dont care really because i appreciate them fuelling the hype train.

People say they are not. No one is going to make me believe that. I think 100% is jus another marketing tool.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, novakai said:

Granted 4th edition and the big boxset with Skaven and SCE release is probably the last big release AoS is getting this year if your going by history 

probably nothing much to talk about for the train

I would say there are two big releases yet. The box and the follow-up wave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Nope. Confirmed by trusted sources.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Fluxmaster and Co have been silently shifted to Last Chance To Buy since the great purge. They’re gone. 

There are some rumours about them being renewed via 40k releases.

3 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

It is not so great, when they do that kind of stuff they tend to repack with less stuff for almost the same price as previously.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The new manifestation lores definitely don't match up with the old sprues. I wonder if they would go through the trouble of making new molds. 

Spending so much money to make models the existing playerbase already has does not strike me immediately as a GW kind of idea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronVIke said:

I think because the reveal date event is a couple weeks later than leviathan was they are just filling time with the drip feed

But it is normal. The preorder will be also two weeks later than Leviathan.

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Think it mainly because there was no Warhammer fest this year, both Dominon, HH, and 40K 10th had big shows during early May. This year is like just a random event in mid may is going to be the full reveal.

then again releasing the trailer on Adepticon wednesday was probably already dumb as most people didn’t bother to see it live.

Warhammer fest was most likely a one off or a trail to see if they were going to make it a yearly thing. It was also the big release of Thier flagship IP and AOS Isn't popular enough to warrant a big expensive live event. 

I went last year, and it wasn't that great, aside from tournaments there wasn't a whole lot to do over 3 days, loads of unused empty space, the seminars had ques going into other rooms with people queuing an hour early to get in, and people were just taking stuff without paying from the shop. Saw a guy grab 6 packs of the objective markers and just walk off. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Spending so much money to make models the existing playerbase already has does not strike me immediately as a GW kind of idea. 

Sure, I get that. It depends on a few factors, I guess. Do GW want to avoid producing in China in the future? Are the endless spell molds close to the end of their lifespan anyway? How much do they want to keep endless spells and faction terrain available for AoS, given the logistical troubles they have been recently having?

I can at least see a world where redoing the moulds and manufacturing in the UK makes financial sense.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Sure, I get that. It depends on a few factors, I guess. Do GW want to avoid producing in China in the future? Are the endless spell molds close to the end of their lifespan anyway? How much do they want to keep endless spells and faction terrain available for AoS, given the logistical troubles they have been recently having?

I can at least see a world where redoing the moulds and manufacturing in the UK makes financial sense.

Whereas I can see a world, in which it makes more sense to them to abandon the idea (the only reason for the faction terraind and endless spells to exist was that they could be cheaply manufactured overseas) altogether, provide the rules support for another edition to keep people happy and then drop it altogether.

Time will tell.